** Pre-Poo Through 2015 **

emada

Re: **Pre-poo Through 2014**

Haven't checked in for some time, prepooing today with an oil mix on my scalp and EVCO on my ends. Got a nice heat treatment walking around in the sun.

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing with Keravada Brahmi Oil on scalp and Coconut oil on the length.

Pennefeather

Pre-pooing with Keravada Brahmi Oil on scalp and Coconut oil on the length.

Rozlewis,

Are you pre pooing overnight each time or just for a few hours before washing? If you don't do overnight, do you sit under the dryer at all? My very first session was Saturday overnight and it was great. I won't be able to do overnight this weekend, so I'm trying to decide if I should just skip it.

Rozlewis

Pennefeather

I pre-poo every time I wash or cowash. However, on my cowash days (Tuesday's) I sit under my conditioning cap for 20 - 30 mins. My wash days are Saturday's but I will pre-poo Friday evening in preparation for my wash day the next day.

Pennefeather

Rozlewis

Thank you. I may try an hour under the dryer this weekend since I can't do overnight (not enough time to wash and condition in the morning).

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing overnight with Brahmi Oil on the scalp and Coconut Oil on the length.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Prepooed overnight with Hv Vatika Frosting.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

Pre-pooing with KV Bhringraj Oil on scalp and HV Vatika Frosting on length. Did a five minute scalp massage with the KV.

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing with KV Brahmi Oil on the scalp and Coconut Oil on the scalp.

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing with KV warm Brahmi Oil on the scalp and Coconut Oil on the length.

mschristine

Prepooing with coconut oil mixed with Lavender, Rosemary and Tea tree EO on scalp and hair for about a hour or two

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Pre-pooing with KV Fenugreek Oil on my scalp and Dabur Vatika Oil on the length.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing with warm Hemp Seed Oil on the scalp and Coconut Oil on the length.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

Did an overnight pre poo treatment with The Body Shop's banana conditioner mixed with coconut oil and Vatika Dabur hair conditioner. It gave me optimal results the last time I used it so I decided to revisit it, now I'm just being lazy with washing my hair and all that. Ugh.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

Pre pooing with KV Fenugreek Oil on my scalp and EVCO on the length. I added New Era Moisturizer (protein) to the bottom 3rd of my plaits to reinforce my ends.

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing with Keravada Brahmi oil on the scalp and Coconut oil on the length.

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing overnight with CD Olive Oil Infusion on the scalp and Coconut oil on the length.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Did a quick prepoo with HV Vatika Frosting. Didn't feel like doing it overnight.

Rozlewis

Does it make sense to prepoo if you are planning to do a clarifying wash?

Pennefeather

That is a good question. For me personally, I always pre-poo before I allow water to touch my hair regardless of if I am clarifying or not. I do this to try and combat hygral fatigue.

What is "Hygral Fatigue"?

Hygral fatigue is hair damage as a result of the expanding and contracting of hair due to the uptake and loss of water. The constant expansion and contraction can cause damage to the hair fiber which then weakens the hair cuticle and cortex. As a cuticle becomes damaged, it will eventually be exposed leading to porosity and breakage issues. Two things that no one wants.

How to Prevent It

Preventing hygral fatigue is about maintaining your hair's inner protein structure and decreasing the amount of water that penetrates the hair shaft during the washing process. In her book The Science of Black Hair: A Comprehensive Guide to Textured Hair, Audrey Davis-Sivasothy notes that black hair is extremely susceptible to damage and high-porosity problems and polar oils are the best way to combat them, and more specifically hygral fatigue.

Although all oils are non-polar, some have polar regions and can therefore be termed "polar oils" :):sings:: the more you know!). Oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, sunflower seed oil and castor oil are examples of polar oils. What makes polar oils so useful is that they can be rinsed easily from one's hair and can also penetrate the hair shaft allowing a person's hair to be rewetted or remoisturized without subsequent build-up on the hair shaft.