Aloe Vera Gel

A

AmilLion

I don't know who suggested it, but thank you 5 million times over. This morning, I decided to wear my hair back in a bun and my edges where wild and unruly. Well, I had a tube of organic aloe vera gel in my closet, added a small amount to the edges, tied down my hair, showered and dressed. When I unwrapped my hair, omg, my edges where sooo straight, soo soft and smooth. I couldn't believe it. It provided such a soft and gentle hold.

Thank you, thank you, thank you are a

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know who suggested it, but thank you 5 million times over. This morning, I decided to wear my hair back in a bun and my edges where wild and unruly. Well, I had a tube of organic aloe vera gel in my closet, added a small amount to the edges, tied down my hair, showered and dressed. When I unwrapped my hair, omg, my edges where sooo straight, soo soft and smooth. I couldn't believe it. It provided such a soft and gentle hold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and a couple of other ladies had something to do with that... my brother who wears his hair natural loves it....it is a staple for me. i am happy you like it.

A

AmilLion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and a couple of other ladies had something to do with that... my brother who wears his hair natural loves it....it is a staple for me. i am happy you like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherry, I don't even know how I can began to thank you and the other ladies. This will be a must in my cabinet for now on

A

AmilLion

[ QUOTE ]
so where do u purchase aloe vera gel?

[/ QUOTE ]

On line from puritan's pride.

azul11

What is the recommended use for aloe vera gel? Is it for wet hair dry hair? I have heard people have good results with it but I never really knew how to use it. God bless you all.

AMBERSKYE

Azull11,

SherryLove adds this to her Giovanni Leave-In.
(I think I got the name of the product right
) I believe she said, it makes her hair softer and silkier. Check her posts. I know I read some positive things about Aloe in some of her posts. *She swears by Aubrey Organics Aloe*

*I'm going to the Vitamin Shoppe today to pick some up*

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Azull11,

SherryLove adds this to her Giovanni Leave-In.
(I think I got the name of the product right
) I believe she said, it makes her hair softer and silkier. Check her posts. I know I read some positive things about Aloe in some of her posts. *She swears by Aubrey Organics Aloe*

*I'm going to the Vitamin Shoppe today to pick some up*

[/ QUOTE ]

GO,AMBERSKYE.......

i only use aloe vera gel on my hair (when wet) as a leave in/setting gel before I rolllerset. i tried it once on my hair (when dry), and it made it too soft and poofy........

Tracy

The only time I ever used Aloe Vera Gel on my hair it was very crunchy.....

Did I buy the wrong thing....?
I think I used a brand called Nature's Bounty? Or Earth's Bounty? Sumpthin like that.....

Aubrey's 100% Aloe Vera Gel is what SherryLove uses. It does make hair soft, but with hold. I think other manufacturers add in other ingredients.

L

ladybug

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so where do u purchase aloe vera gel?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are very pretty......

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you miss sherry love...your hair is too beautiful..;o)...a great inspiration you are...

CaramelKiss

I've been playing around with mixing aloe vera gel with my leave in. Leaves my hair soft and without that "gel" look if u know what I mean.

alma

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing around with mixing aloe vera gel with my leave in. Leaves my hair soft and without that "gel" look if u know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused....

So when you use the aloe vera gel on its own. it gets hard when its dry and can be used as a styling gel?

CaramelKiss

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused....

So when you use the aloe vera gel on its own. it gets hard when its dry and can be used as a styling gel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most regular gels are for styling and so they are hard, but they hold the style. Aloe vera gels give u the added benefit of moisturizing and hold, but some can be hard. If u want to minimize the crunch effect then mixing gel with either oils or conditioner will still give u the hold that u are looking for while at the same time keep your hair soft. Also some gels leave your hair looking like plastic which is to me an artificial high shine. It looks like it doesn't belong in your hair. Hope that was clear!