SL 2015

JudithO

Girl... I've just been working and staying busy... nothing much is happening with my hair really... BC'd in June to 3 inches... Now I'm just maintaining my reggie... How've you been?

Here is what my hair looks like from the back.

Attachments

• WP_20141115_23_02_59_Selfie.jpg
    WP_20141115_23_02_59_Selfie.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 105

faithVA

[USER=298908 said:
JudithO[/USER];20780545]Girl... I've just been working and staying busy... nothing much is happening with my hair really... BC'd in June to 3 inches... Now I'm just maintaining my reggie... How've you been?

Here is what my hair looks like from the back.

Did you go natural again?

The section you are holding is SL. It's just a matter of how much of the back you want to reach SL before you move onto Apl.

I've been fine. Made it through another year.

JudithO

Okay.... So both sides of my nape (and the middle) are at that length... Yes I went natural... BC'd at WL.

I'll claim SL for this year, and hope for APL next year.

KaramelKutie803

Okay so this may sound like a dumb question but which is first? SL or CL length because I see different pics of length checks claiming SL 1st than CL and vice versa. Those the only two areas that confuse me

faithVA

Okay so this may sound like a dumb question but which is first? SL or CL length because I see different pics of length checks claiming SL 1st than CL and vice versa. Those the only two areas that confuse me

You reach SL first. Many people say full SL versus CBL. Many people wait to reach full SL before claiming SL.

Wenbev

I'll join faithVA

Post the following to join in

What length are you now? Nape and a bit longer in some places.

What's your plan to reach SL? Keeping it simple and living a healthy lifestyle. Low heat.

What's your regimen? Cowash 2x/wk after a herbal oil prepoo, dc for moisture, twist nightly and oil ends.

Anything else you want to share? Third SL challenge, will be making it for 2015.

Post your starting pic: will post on 12/30

faithVA

I'll join faithVA

What length are you now? Nape and a bit longer in some places.

What's your plan to reach SL? Keeping it simple and living a healthy lifestyle. Low heat.

What's your regimen? Cowash 2x/wk after a herbal oil prepoo, dc for moisture, twist nightly and oil ends.

Anything else you want to share? Third SL challenge, will be making it for 2015.

Post your starting pic: will post on 12/30

:wave: haven't seen you in a while

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Post the following to join in What length are you now? Little longer than TWA Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural What's your plan to reach SL? Staying consistent with healthy lifestyle: drinking water, exercising and eating clean. What's your regimen? I do primarily wash n goes. I cowash daily. Anything else you want to share? I look forward to reaching and surpassing SL. Good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• image-2048478474.jpg
    image-2048478474.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image-1151431198.jpg
    image-1151431198.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image-643375192.jpg
    image-643375192.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
What length are you now? A little less than an inch.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
I'm natural again. I relaxed my hair over the summer and that was a disaster.

What's your plan to reach SL? Do what I did the last time I went natural back in 2010 - wear wigs. This time around I will be trying Ovation Cell Therapy and sulfur oil.

What's your regimen? I don't really have one.

Post your starting pic: I rather not yet. My hair needs to even out first.

lovely_locks

What length are you: I am not sure almost SL.....is that a thing???

Relaxed

What is your regime: keeping my hair oiled and moisturized.

image-2600894421.jpg

Starting pic!

KaramelKutie803

What length are you now?
Collar bone length

Natural

What's your plan to reach SL?
Try my best to stick to my regimen and to find my staple products, find what my hair likes and doesn't like.

What's your regimen?
Prepoo, wash and deep condition once a week alternating between moisture and light protein. Cowash in between shampoos as needed. Moisturize and seal twice a day since it's finally getting a little colder in SC. I also want to incorporate scalp massages.

Post your starting pic

Attachments

• image-2530091187.jpg
    image-2530091187.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 55

apemay1969

What length are you now?
My kitchen is mid-neck length.
That's all I count when claiming.

Natural after BC Britney style in March.

What's your plan to reach SL?
Continue to use true protective styles. Not styles that rip my hair out while I'm protective styling aka sew-ins with tight braids underneath. Crochet braids are working for me right now.

What's your regimen?
Wash with chelating shampoo twice a month when I remove crochet braids every two weeks. Detangle. Deep condition with moisturizing cone-filled conditioner, usually Aussie Moist. Rebraid into 10 cornrows. Install the synthetic extensions. Castor oil the parts every other day. Edges daily. Spritz water/conditioner/oil on hair and my scalp when things feel dry. Smush into a bonnet at night. Rinse in shower twice a week and apply leave in to synthetic extensions.

Anything else you want to share?
Not yet. Just planning to see what you guys do. I know that when I leave my hair alone, eat right, exercise and stop stressing, my hair does me good.

Post your starting pic:
I'll post a starting pic when my daughter flatirons my hair over her Christmas break.

Last edited:

faithVA

It's wash day tonight. I'm going to try to get in and get started so I'm not up all night.

Even though I'm glad that my twist meet at the center now, I think I will only use this style for my own personal progress meter. I'm going back to my old faithful style of flat twist down each side that I then join into 2 bigger flat twist.

Maybe for the company xmas party I try to do flat twist that join in a flat twist down the back. That's going to take more time. So I have to mentally prepare :yep:

faithVA

I was up all night anyway :ohwell: I forgot I said I would only do the mudwash on the weekends. And I also spent quite a bit of time cutting out more split ends. I can see the end in sight but it looks like it will be late spring before I'm done.

Even with the little growth/retention I've had in the past 2 months, I can make my flat twist bigger and I can get them done in 30 to 45 minutes :yay: So I have 7 flat twists on each side and then those ends are twisted together.

Wenbev

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to reach the SL/CBL goal for at least the nape and and back of my head by spring. I have many layers so I will never be full anything for several years.
The fall/winter time is my growing time so I'm looking forward to retaining as much as I can. I've also added drinking a cup of bamboo tea so we'll see if my growth rate changes.

KaramelKutie803

Will be cowashing today with my Mielle Organcis Honeydew CoWash today. If I decided to do a wash and go to wear for work tomorrow I'll be following up with As I Am Leave In and their Curling Jelly on top of that. If I decided to do a twist out I'll be using my Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk with the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. These products never seem to let me down

faithVA

Washed yesterday. I DCd while cutting the grass and raking leaves. Then I did a used pink clay. I was ready to be done so rinsed that out early. I decided to try an oil rinse which I haven't done in years. The jury is still out on that one. Twisted my hair up with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I think I finally figured how to use oils on my hair. It's only been years My hair is finally not greasy.

Now the question is does the oil rinse work better or does doing LOCO work better. Maybe next time I do a side by side comparison. Don't know why I didn't think of that yesterday.

faithVA

Finally updated the challengers
Love2Live
KidneyBean86
Penelope74
whosthatcurl
cllcindy
Wenbev
stephanie75miller
Meritamen
lovely_locks
KaremelKutie803
apemay1969

apemay1969

Damn... Not helping! LOL ... Hey girl.... :)

I've decided...all by myself...is that SL will be when I straighten my hair, then I brush it back, I can't see the bottom of the ends. That's the raggediest definition I'VE ever heard but it makes sense to me. I guess APL will be if I look under my armpit in the mirror, I see my ends. I'm sadly visual. Lol.

apemay1969

You reach SL first. Many people say full SL versus CBL. Many people wait to reach full SL before claiming SL.

So the back has to reach my collarbone to be be CL? I swear I thought CL was a measurement for sides, SL for nape and Nose or Lips for bangs. Yes. I've been a member since 2008. Sad and ashamed. Lol.

faithVA

[USER said:
apemay1969;20813033[/USER]]I've decided...all by myself...is that SL will be when I straighten my hair, then I brush it back, I can't see the bottom of the ends. That's the raggediest definition I'VE ever heard but it makes sense to me. I guess APL will be if I look under my armpit in the mirror, I see my ends. I'm sadly visual. Lol.

So for SL the hair at the very front will need to be SO as well? Or are you starting at your crown?