Naturally Flexible Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I finally got a wash n go. A "braid out". A natural.

Now....ask me if she cooperates with me? No. She looks nice when I'm working from home, first thing in the morning when no one is home, late at night before bed......

When I'm going out, have plans, have company, have a public engagement....she acts an a***

Finicky natural hair is something else!

Today's braid out from yesterday's ponytail.

Normally I alternate Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave in on soaking wet hair or Vo5 conditioner. Style with Ecostyler clear or pink gel.

Attachments

• image-402678463.jpg
    image-402678463.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2954522311.jpg
    image-2954522311.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-697168960.jpg
    image-697168960.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 76

BostonMaria

I finally got a wash n go. A "braid out". A natural. Now....ask me if she cooperates with me? No. She looks nice when I'm working from home, first thing in the morning when no one is home, late at night before bed...... When I'm going out, have plans, have company, have a public engagement....she acts an a*** Finicky natural hair is something else! Today's braid out from yesterday's ponytail. Normally I alternate Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave in on soaking wet hair or Vo5 conditioner. Style with Ecostyler clear or pink gel.

I think most of us have that issue. Today I have a good hair day but that could've gone either way LOL and it's still early to tell if it'll still look nice by lunch time haha

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just put in some flxirods. I used Neutrogena silk touch cream on each section...that stuff smells so good!! Hopefully none of my rollers fall out in my sleep. That always seems to happen and I end up with uneven curls :look:

havilland

Today's flat iron.

Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo

Chi Infrared Treatment conditioner

Chi Keratin Mist leave in

Chi Bio Silk heat protectant

Flat iron on 395 degrees one pass.

After my trim my hair responded well and I think the Chi is better on the second go round. This time I added the keratin leave in. I didn't use that last time.

The big celebration for me is that my hair is finally as long as the weave I used to get. Yay ;)

Attachments

• image-1828332968.jpg
    image-1828332968.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3485245076.jpg
    image-3485245076.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2327478971.jpg
    image-2327478971.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2530662150.jpg
    image-2530662150.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3187421501.jpg
    image-3187421501.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2699827931.jpg
    image-2699827931.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 80

ronie

Today's flat iron. Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo Chi Infrared Treatment conditioner Chi Keratin Mist leave in Chi Bio Silk heat protectant Flat iron on 395 degrees one pass. After my trim my hair responded well and I think the Chi is better on the second go round. This time I added the keratin leave in. I didn't use that last time. The big celebration for me is that my hair is finally as long as the weave I used to get. Yay ;)
You did a great job. Love the results. Congrats on reaching weave length, lol.

havilland

You did a great job. Love the results. Congrats on reaching weave length, lol.

Thanks, Chica! The back has been weave length but the front and sides just made the mark. I'm so happy. I just wish My hair would grow faster. I have to commit to trim less. I'm sooooo addicted to the scissors. I cut off all my progress every month.

I'm fighting myself to not trim right now as I type this.

havilland

What flat irons do y'all use? I'm looking for a new one
I use a conair i got from the drugstore which works well. I also use a Corioliss K2. I love that iron but the cartridges break too easily so I wouldn't buy it again.

mz.rae

I haven't posted in here in awhile, anyway I got my hair colored this week after getting highlights last month. I'm really liking the color. I've kind of slowed down on the straightening and just been doing wash and goes and braid outs.

ForumRunner_20140820_150946.jpg

havilland

Last night I out my hair in a bun and tied it down. Our a/c was acting up and it got warm in the house overnight. I woke up to this.

Bone straight when I went to bed. Curly patch when I woke up.

Attachments

• image-2004437032.jpg
    image-2004437032.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 80

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
That happened to me Friday night. It was extra humid (I live in Houston) and I could feel my hair swelling from bone straight to kinky straight. I was not happy. How many days did your hair last? Mine lasted 5 days so I guess I should be grateful

havilland

That happened to me Friday night. It was extra humid (I live in Houston) and I could feel my hair swelling from bone straight to kinky straight. I was not happy. How many days did your hair last? Mine lasted 5 days so I guess I should be grateful

The struggle with Natural is sooooo REAL!

To answer your question, I did my hair Monday.

I'm not bothering with straight hair anymore. Hot rooms, hot events, humidity outside, pending rain storms, open ovens .....all not my friend. So annoying when I just want to enjoy my length EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.

Argh....

ctosha

The struggle with Natural is sooooo REAL! To answer your question, I did my hair Monday. I'm not bothering with straight hair anymore. Hot rooms, hot events, humidity outside, pending rain storms, open ovens .....all not my friend. So annoying when I just want to enjoy my length EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. Argh....[/QUOTE

I'm trying to hold off until sometime in September. I'm in Toronto so it tends to slowly start to cool off then I'm gonna flat iron from then Til snow starts then back to some sort or protective style. I want to enjoy my hair out for a little bit. I totally get ur frustration last week I flat ironed on Sunday it was all good until Tuesday it got humid and rainy and my hair was done for.

Rae81

I have not done a wash n go all summer. But I bought some gorilla snot gel and I really like it. It laid my hair down better the eco styler

havilland

My wash n go has taken itself to another level since I co washed daily this summer. I'm very pleased.

havilland

My new holy grail combo has me mad !

I found that I don't like kinky curly products for styling because they don't play well with others and it's just annoying to me. But I love the products themselves.

Meanwhile I have bottles of the stuff so I started co washing with it just as an experiment. Why oh why????

My hair loves the kinky curly knot today for cowashing and the cheap v05 for a leave in! Why couldn't it be the opposite???

I have been struggling with wash n go styles since I started my transition a few years ago. Coming up on my one year natural anniversary...I have tried a lot of methods and most things didn't work or didn't work as well as I would have hoped. I either end up with soft frizzy curls that tangle or stiff defined curls that feel like cement.

Finally this summer, daily co washing changed my hair into a soft manageable mane...Eco styler gel makes my curls defined. V05 is the best leave in ever! And now I find that co washing with KCKT makes my hair moveable not stiff. Finally the results I have been seeking for 3 years!

I am not about to argue with my results. But how much nicer would it be if I wasn't rinsing the $12 Conditioner out???

the struggle is soooooo real.

Attachments

• image-535068987.jpg
    image-535068987.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-818480820.jpg
    image-818480820.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 98

Rae81

So I straightened my hair to get a much needed trim. I went from full apl to just below shoulder length smh. I have got to stop going months between trims. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The worse part of my hair is the crown and that's where the most dead ends were. Since my last trim I wore puffs and besides updos. Any suggestions on what to do to Keep my ends healthy besides keeping up with my trims. I think I need to.keep my hair stretched more.

havilland

So I straightened my hair to get a much needed trim. I went from full apl to just below shoulder length smh. I have got to stop going months between trims. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The worse part of my hair is the crown and that's where the most dead ends were. Since my last trim I wore puffs and besides updos. Any suggestions on what to do to Keep my ends healthy besides keeping up with my trims. I think I need to.keep my hair stretched more.

What's your weekly regimen and what products do you use?

Rae81

What's your weekly regimen and what products do you use?

I shampoo, detangle, deep condition and style. If I am wearing a puff I cowash everyday and put in a puff

My products are:

Shampoo: VO5 Clarifying shampoo, aussie moist shampoo. Carols Daughter Sacred TIare sulfate free shampoo. (Both sulfate and sulfate free shampoos leave my hair feeling stripped .

TO detangle I use: Tressemme Naturals, or Aussie Moist

Deep condition: I was using GVP version of Matrix Biolage and Nexus Humectress. Now I use Joico moisture recovery balm.

Leave in: spray Its a Ten, then use one of these products : Oyin hair dew, Oying whipped pudding, Camilla Rose almond Jai twisting butter

Seal with coconut oil or evoo.

I use protein but not reguarly and the ones I have are Joico K-pak or Aphogee 2 min.

Gel: Eco styler or gorilla snot

I either braid it into a style for the week or wear a puff.

Like i said the worse part of my hair is my crown and the middle front. My sides and nape are fine and they stay moist etc. But the rest is dry, dry ,dry. The majority of my splits and dead ends were in the crown. That section of hair did not stay straight it looked bad with the bushy ends.

When I first went natural and during my transition i used Wen and really liked it. So I may try that again. I am also thinking of trying the maximum hydration method to see if it will help with the dryness in my crown.

havilland

I shampoo, detangle, deep condition and style. If I am wearing a puff I cowash everyday and put in a puff My products are: Shampoo: VO5 Clarifying shampoo, aussie moist shampoo. Carols Daughter Sacred TIare sulfate free shampoo. (Both sulfate and sulfate free shampoos leave my hair feeling stripped . TO detangle I use: Tressemme Naturals, or Aussie Moist Deep condition: I was using GVP version of Matrix Biolage and Nexus Humectress. Now I use Joico moisture recovery balm. Leave in: spray Its a Ten, then use one of these products : Oyin hair dew, Oying whipped pudding, Camilla Rose almond Jai twisting butter Seal with coconut oil or evoo. I use protein but not reguarly and the ones I have are Joico K-pak or Aphogee 2 min. Gel: Eco styler or gorilla snot I either braid it into a style for the week or wear a puff. Like i said the worse part of my hair is my crown and the middle front. My sides and nape are fine and they stay moist etc. But the rest is dry, dry ,dry. The majority of my splits and dead ends were in the crown. That section of hair did not stay straight it looked bad with the bushy ends. When I first went natural and during my transition i used Wen and really liked it. So I may try that again. I am also thinking of trying the maximum hydration method to see if it will help with the dryness in my crown.

I see two things.

One. Use those shampoos sparingly. start using a cleansing conditioner again. Those poos are drying. They work, and I love them...but u don't need them all the time. My hair has done much better since I cut shampoos and found cleansing conditioners that work for me. I still shampoo, but sparingly. once a month, If my scalp needs cleansing, I will dilute shampoo with water and squeeze it into the roots only. I Apply conditioner to my ends and then rinse the shampoo out.
Also I have a shampoo suggestion, trader joes tea tree tingle or tresemme deep cleansing shampoo. You only need one lather, but these may work for u. They are gentle.

Two. Put some protein in your regimen. Once every 6-8 weeks. I find my hair holds moisture better when I don't skip the protein deep treatment periodically.

Oh and one more.....start spritzing the crown with water and add some additional moisturizer to that area daily. My crown is dry too and I find that I need to super soak this area with water and moisturizer and a dab of oil....way more often and regularly than the rest of my hair.