BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Do you find that the Dominican blowout really helps the hair thrive/grow? I've read that somewhere...just wondering?

Yes. The blowout technique keeps my hair moisturized, stretched abd easy to manage. They dc my hair every time too. I went from nl to apl last year getting blowouts regularly. I stopped getting them so often and that caused a setback. I was wigging it and I got moisture overload :(

Anaisin

So I bought some hair skin and nails gummies because they were b1g1 free but I think I may be allergic? Not sure if it's this drugstore concealer that I hate, Vitamin d stuff I got from my mother, or the gummies. Either way I now know what I'll look like if I age badly lol. I've never been allergic to anything so I'm extra pressed, my eyes are swollen and it looks like my skin is cracking.

Any who I'm posting this because if it's the gummies I'll be giving away the 2nd bottle to anyone that wants them.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I bought some hair skin and nails gummies because they were b1g1 free but I think I may be allergic? Not sure if it's this drugstore concealer that I hate, Vitamin d stuff I got from my mother, or the gummies. Either way I now know what I'll look like if I age badly lol. I've never been allergic to anything so I'm extra pressed, my eyes are swollen and it looks like my skin is cracking.

Any who I'm posting this because if it's the gummies I'll be giving away the 2nd bottle to anyone that wants them.

I'm sorry about your allergic reaction. What brand gummies did u take?

PlainJane

Count me in :) MBL is my ultimate goal
Transitioning and APL (not full)
My regimen is shampoo and DC with heat once a week. Apply leave in to wet hair, heavy seal, and put in Bantu knots to stretch. Updos throughout the week. I believe I'm 5 inches from MBL so once I reach it I'll maintain that length and trim my relaxed hair.

Changes I'm making to get to BSL: focus on my ends instead of roots. No combing or brushing throughout the week. Heat a few times a year. Taking a vitamin.

Can anyone recommend a good hair vitamin that isn't viviscal, manetabolism, Hairfinity?

I would also be fine if I made it to only BSL at the end of 2015 and maintained there until my transition is over.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Prettymetty Are you still using sulfur? I'm back on it as of last night. I think my scalp may have gotten used to it....but I haven't used it in a while, so hopefully it helps again. I baggied with NJoy Mint Chocolate last night.

I'm about to order some Komaza Protein Strengthener. I need to use this at least once a month. I've been slacking.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
No. It gave me massive tangles and shedding. I don't think I mixed it right :( I am going to start massaging my scalp with argan oil to keep it from being dry this winter

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
So I bought some hair skin and nails gummies because they were b1g1 free but I think I may be allergic? Not sure if it's this drugstore concealer that I hate, Vitamin d stuff I got from my mother, or the gummies. Either way I now know what I'll look like if I age badly lol. I've never been allergic to anything so I'm extra pressed, my eyes are swollen and it looks like my skin is cracking. Any who I'm posting this because if it's the gummies I'll be giving away the 2nd bottle to anyone that wants them.

I use these and I take biotin (vegetable capsule). I try to make sure that my vitamins are vegetable based.

image-1497417740.jpg

iLurk

What do you mean by vitamin d stuff? If its a vitamin supplement I caution you not to use it unless your are deficient, vitamin d aint nothing to play around with it and can be toxic if you take too much. Same with vitamin A.

ajargon02

Exactly what's in your daily spritz?

Well I have the jane carter leave-in spritz or I will use oyin handmade greg juice watered down(with filtered water) then I add a little silk amino acid and veg glycerine a little kckt.

This leaves my hair soft and silky feeling

Anaisin

What do you mean by vitamin d stuff? If its a vitamin supplement I caution you not to use it unless your are deficient, vitamin d aint nothing to play around with it and can be toxic if you take too much. Same with vitamin A.

No idea, I just remember it having D on it and some numbers and she gave me one. Thanks. That's most likely it. It would be weird if its the gummies because I've taken those before for my nails from a different brand and no side effects, I'm sure they have the same ingredients or close to the same

PlainJane

My hair is braided up into an updo. I'll probably leave this in for a few days. I'm starting a personal "keep hands out of hair" challenge where I only style my hair in a way where I don't have to touch it for a few days.

Also, I'm going to buy jbco hair food this weekend. I need another heavy sealant option besides shea butter. I'm going on a strict "no buy" regimen in 2015.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I need a no buy challenge myself. I'm constantly buying headbands. And it still seems like I dont have enough. I might get a tub of Keracare Humecto so that I won't have to get conditioner for a while

Newest headband

Attachments

• 20141120_134623.jpg
    20141120_134623.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Anaisin

I'll be adding protein to my regimen, bought Curl Junkie Repair me from curl mart. After I buy 4 more products I'll be going on a no buy as well. I'll be buying another Pantene DC, plus 2 SM JBCO masque, Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo (I may get the holiday set, comes with conditioner and something else I think. But anyway I won't buy anymore products until I'm done with these

SM leave in x2
SM Styling lotion
SM treatment masque x2
Pantene DC x2
Pantene Co wash x2
Oyin BSP
SM Souffle gel
La Bella lots of curls
Curl Junkie Repair Me
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab

I won't buy any products until Spring except co wash

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am going to put aside a set amount of $$ each month for my hair. My monthly blowout is around $50 with tip. I can afford another $20 per month fot miscellaneous hair items like conditioner bags and hair vitamins

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Bought a coupla wigs today. They're cute. Think I will just go ahead and keep my hair in cornrows under a wig for a minute. Thinking a four to six month challenge might do me well.

Benuontherise

Hey girlies, I've been trying a new DC method to see how my hair holds up with moisture. I did a dry hair dc method with okay Green Tea Scalp Stimulating hair masque mixed with separately warmed coconut oil and little honey. Set under bonnet dryer for 30 min. Then Co wash with Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. After blowout my hair was soft and smooth. I washed again since and my hair is still feeling good down to the ends. Just had to oil my scalp and roots with coconut oil massage. ( Coconut oil is good for hair growth and thicking) That was about 2 Weeks ago, have washed since then and hair ok ready to go it again today with DC. Making another wig this time short to give my hair some hibernation. Will show pics later. :)

keranikki

Bought a coupla wigs today. They're cute. Think I will just go ahead and keep my hair in cornrows under a wig for a minute. Thinking a four to six month challenge might do me well.

We are on the same page. After I complete my wash day routine, I'm going to cornrow this hair and wear a wig for the next six months. Probably will extend it to a year.

iLurk

got my chaka khan wig. i wish i knew how to cornrow would probably be better for my hair than doing a bunch of loose braids under the wig

keranikki

keranikki What will your wig regimen be? I'm thinking about doing 6 months as well.

I haven't decided yet. I don't know whether I want to give my hair a break from the wigs every fifth week or no breaks at all. I do know that since I work out and have fine hair, I will have to add hair to my cornrows in order to keep them tight. Let me think it through.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to do an overnight coconut oil prepoo to prepare for my appt in the morning. I still can't believe my hair has lasted this long. I will post pics tomorrow

keranikki

Froreal3 I'm going to wig it for 6 months with no breaks. I will M&S every other day, complete a full wash every two weeks, and re-braid every two weeks. I cornrowed my hair without adding synthetic hair, for I have a tendency to pull too hard. What do you think?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
What I am wearing right now. I have it in two colors.

Thinking about wearing wigs for the next six months. I need to cut these combs off.

ForumRunner_20141124_072737.jpg

ForumRunner_20141124_072746.jpg

View attachment 285119

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141124_072900.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141124_072900.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 29

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3 I'm going to wig it for 6 months with no breaks. I will M&S every other day, complete a full wash every two weeks, and re-braid every two weeks. I cornrowed my hair without adding synthetic hair, for I have a tendency to pull too hard. What do you think?

keranikki I like that regimen. I think I will keep my hair in cornrows as well. I will use a spray leave in to keep them moisturized.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm pissed, because dh had to open the restaurant this morning and he didn't tell me until last night. Now I gotta reschedule my appt and I am looking a hot mess right now. My roots are reverted and poofy :(