APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

krissyc39

I've decided that instead of undoing my hair to oil my scalp daily, I'm going to keep my hair in a protective style until the next wash/DC (2x weekly). Hopefully my net gain is the same... I might start taking vitamins internally.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm feeling doubtful ladies. I'm still a few inches away from APL and it's getting closer to the end of the year. I'm a slow grower, so I'm doubtful that I'll make it there by 12/31. :(
I may get 1.5" max in 4 months. I hate being a slow grower…

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm feeling doubtful ladies. I'm still a few inches away from APL and it's getting closer to the end of the year. I'm a slow grower, so I'm doubtful that I'll make it there by 12/31. :(
Don't doubt. Believe and you will achieve your growth goals. I too am a slow grower, but I am always hopeful. A summer growth spurt will get you there by December. Have you tried inversion, Ghe or any growth aids? Sulfur oil is cheap, easy to make and there are no known side effects if mixed properly.

Fotchygirl

No, we can't afford to be demotivated, we still have a full 5 months and so much can happen in that time. Let's keep up the faith and hope to be at APL on the 31st of December. I am putting in a weave on Saturday for 2 months and another one for two more months and will do a TU in December. Formulate a protective styling plan for yourself for the remaining months as well.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I lightly str8end my daughters hair yesterday and threw it up in a top bun. This is the hair from her sew in I did a month ago. Then I did a lower bun earlier today just playing around with some styles. I eventually used my wand and curled it. I really like this hair. The test is going to be when I wash in in a few weeks to see if the curls return. This hair is very thick though. Only 2 packs I used but I like it and so does my daughter.

Here's the hair when I rcvd it after washing and coloring it.

ForumRunner_20140731_194323.jpg

Here's the hair after I strened with her top bun

ForumRunner_20140731_194353.jpg

Here's the lower bun

ForumRunner_20140731_194415.jpg

Here's the wand curls

ForumRunner_20140731_194434.jpg

ForumRunner_20140731_194446.jpg

ForumRunner_20140731_194453.jpg

myhairgrowstoo

I lightly str8end my daughters hair yesterday and threw it up in a top bun. This is the hair from her sew in I did a month ago. Then I did a lower bun earlier today just playing around with some styles. I eventually used my wand and curled it. I really like this hair. The test is going to be when I wash in in a few weeks to see if the curls return. This hair is very thick though. Only 2 packs I used but I like it and so does my daughter.

Here's the hair when I rcvd it after washing and coloring it.

Here's the hair after I strened with her top bun

Here's the lower bun

Here's the wand curls

What kind of hair is it?

APrayer4Hair

I've been MIA but a little update: I've been itching to straighten so I attempted today. I didn't get it very straight but my bottom layer is APL I think image-3305948249.jpg image-2093485078.jpg Please excuse the wedgie in the 2nd pic :blush:

ETA: pics from blow out. I'm sure I could've gotten smoother results had I used higher heat at this stage but I was too afraid of damage. Sleeping with a few flexis for bounce

image-201292451.jpg

image-457232203.jpg

Last edited:

snoop

I've been MIA but a little update: I've been itching to straighten so I attempted today. I didn't get it very straight but my bottom layer is APL I think Please excuse the wedgie in the 2nd pic :blush:

It looks like you're there with your bottom layer. Great job!

Fotchygirl

I've been MIA but a little update: I've been itching to straighten so I attempted today. I didn't get it very straight but my bottom layer is APL I think View attachment 271091 View attachment 271093 Please excuse the wedgie in the 2nd pic :blush:

ETA: pics from blow out. I'm sure I could've gotten smoother results had I used higher heat at this stage but I was too afraid of damage. Sleeping with a few flexis for bounce

View attachment 271103

View attachment 271105
The bottom part yes, very nice and thick hair.

LexiDior

did a DC the other day and blew it out.

my hair looks weird because its been in a bun for a couple of days :grin:

getting there...

Attachments

• 8.1.14.jpg
    8.1.14.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 8.1.14 (2).jpg
    8.1.14 (2).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 85

APrayer4Hair

Stopped by a local (YT) salon and got my ends professionally trimmed since they haven't been done since November :ohwell: she took off about 1/4-1/2". I picked up some nice oil/serum too: matrix silk wonder Pic of after trim image-4267850094.jpg

Edited to add: I think I'll leave the flat ironing to the professionals. I ended up in a bun all day because of the puffiness

ronie

Stopped by a local (YT) salon and got my ends professionally trimmed since they haven't been done since November :ohwell: she took off about 1/4-1/2". I picked up some nice oil/serum too: matrix silk wonder Pic of after trim Edited to add: I think I'll leave the flat ironing to the professionals. I ended up in a bun all day because of the puffiness
I love the thickness. That's how I like my flat iron hair.
I remember your fade when I just join the forum. Your progress has been great.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to put a red rinse on my hair for the fall. Hopefully the color sticks this time. I tried a couple months ago and the color rinsed right down the drain :( This time I will sit under the dryer with it

alanaturelle

Lately, I started using Hot oil as overnight pre-poo. This is just my second week doing it but it seems that my hair likes it. Previously, I was alternating hot oil with conditioner. Tomorrow, I'm doing an Aphogee 2-step treatment.

pearlific1

I seem to be on track with making APL this Dec. I am transitioning from telaxed so technically that means nothing. My natural hair about neck length and my texlaxed hair is holding on pretty strong as I inch on to my goal. I will be 1 year post on the 21st :yay:

Once I hit APL, I will start doing larger trims. I'm hoping to transition at least another year.