Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

GettingKinky

I'm 6 weeks post today and I'm like "new growth? What new growth?"

Back in 2011 I was begging my stylist to do my touchups every 5 weeks. I wanted my hair straight, straight, straight. I thought my hair looked good back then, but old pictures tell me differently.

It's amazing how much your mindset can change in a few short years. I may stretch 24 weeks or forever.

PureSilver

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Proud to say 15 weeks post today. It was a lot harder this stretch. I relax next week and man o man next week can't come soon enough. I'm over this stretch.

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

PureSilver

I hear ya. I am 15 weeks also. I will relax in 3 more weeks and it hasn't been too bad but it takes a lot of time and patience.

PureSilver

Rozlewis it sure does, i'm still trying to make up my mind on which relaxer to use. I am switching from lye to no-lye. May kit relaxers based on YT videos i have watched seems to produce good-great results but i have sections of under processed hair and i'd like to correct that next week when i relax.

I'll be self relaxing for the 2nd time in my life; i'm no expert i'm just building up my confidence, applying my knowledge of how to along with what i know about my hair. I sincerely pray it turns out great.

shasha8685

I was 20 weeks post when I slapped a relaxer in my hair 2hrs ago.....

JaneBond007

@Rozlewis it sure does, i'm still trying to make up my mind on which relaxer to use. I am switching from lye to no-lye. May kit relaxers based on YT videos i have watched seems to produce good-great results but i have sections of under processed hair and i'd like to correct that next week when i relax.

I'll be self relaxing for the 2nd time in my life; i'm no expert i'm just building up my confidence, applying my knowledge of how to along with what i know about my hair. I sincerely pray it turns out great.
PureSilver I just edited :giggle:

No-lye doesn't usually correct lye. It's the other way around. Have you considered a conditioning lye relaxer with silk, argan oil or something like that? I'd look around first before switching to the box. I find the box to be drying after a few weeks. Have you thought of Phytorelaxer? I've never used it, though.

I just didn't like having no-lye on the ends and lye on the roots and beyond...could always tell a diff. in the feel of the hair. Be careful. Sorry I re-edited...this is what I wanted to say without all my personal junk :lol:

Last edited:

PureSilver

No-lye doesn't usually correct lye. It's the other way around. Have you considered a conditioning lye relaxer with silk, argan oil or something like that? I'd look around first before switching to the box. I find the box to be drying . At first, it's great, then the dryness sets in within a few weeks. I'm presently on Silk Elements Regular (mild reverted to curls in a few weeks and I want bone straight wash'n go with no heat). I gave it a shot and the Regular is a keeper. I can't stress how conditioning it is. Truly a good product. I have used Nairobi, Organic Olive Oil, a dominican one, and all sorts of boxed. IMHO, for boxed for my type of hair, Africa's Best and the Revlon Realistic for Latino hair was the best. Revlon was the absolute best and no reversion. Forgive my rambling...but I didn't like having no-lye on the ends and lye on the new growth. I could always tell the difference. If anything, I start getting 3'ish curls again in a few weeks, I'm going to put in a BKT or Brazilian Keratin. Good luck in your search and be careful not to overlap.

Because thanks is not enough. I will change my relaxer and stick to the lye. I will search for options in lye, it's just that the ladies of YT that use the kit relaxers (lye) seem to have such silky bouncy hair and i'm longing for that.

Thank you mama

JaneBond007

Because thanks is not enough. I will change my relaxer and stick to the lye. I will search for options in lye, it's just that the ladies of YT that use the kit relaxers (lye) seem to have such silky bouncy hair and i'm longing for that.

Thank you mama

:yep::yep: They surely do. I always ended up with the frizzes after a few weeks. Silk Elements is a good product, truly. I can't believe how good. The mild is like a texturizer, though...trust me. After this humidity, my curls came right back :lachen: But regular gave me my bone straight I was looking for.

Kkinds

I just relaxed today after 12 weeks. I might try to stretch it a but more, but that's normal timing for me. I know it's time for a relaxer when I can only use protective styling because my roller sets won't act right. I don't use any direct heat besides the over-head dryer and it's a struggle after about 10 weeks!

Beamodel

Because thanks is not enough. I will change my relaxer and stick to the lye. I will search for options in lye, it's just that the ladies of YT that use the kit relaxers (lye) seem to have such silky bouncy hair and i'm longing for that. Thank you mama

I prefer lye. I use affirm Fiberguard and will never look at another relaxer again.

CrinkumCrankum

I am 1 week post relaxer right now.
My next touch is...I don't know...6 to 11 weeks from now? Haven't decided yet, I'll take it one day at a time. With Short hair, it is hard to stretch!
I use Optimum No-Lye Super (I'll likely switch to Regular soon).
I self-relax.

Jobwright

10 weeks, 2 more at minimum. I may go longer though. I finally understand stretching, literally stretching so the roots don't get all crazy at my scalp. I think the longer the hair, the easier the relaxer stretch and new growth stretch is.

PureSilver

:yep::yep: They surely do. I always ended up with the frizzes after a few weeks. Silk Elements is a good product, truly. I can't believe how good. The mild is like a texturizer, though...trust me. After this humidity, my curls came right back :lachen: But regular gave me my bone straight I was looking for.

JaneBond007 I don't doubt you one bit......only problem is none of the BSS in my area of the country seem to carry it. I'm gonna try Profectiv. I'm just hoping i get good results. I would try Hawaiian silky but my gut is telling me my hair won't like it.

Rozlewis

16 weeks post. 2 more to go.

SincerelyBeautiful

I'm currently 30 weeks post. My goal was to stretch for a full year by means of protective styling. I thought it would be a hassle but I have learned how to manage my hair pretty well. I have about 22 weeks to go before my next relaxer and I'm hoping it all goes well until then.

PureSilver

Counting down to my next relaxer. @ SincerelyBeautiful congrats on your 30 weeks accomplishment. I hope that the next 22 weeks will go easy for you.

sunnieb

I'm 6 weeks post today and I'm like "new growth? What new growth?"

Back in 2011 I was begging my stylist to do my touchups every 5 weeks. I wanted my hair straight, straight, straight. I thought my hair looked good back then, but old pictures tell me differently.

It's amazing how much your mindset can change in a few short years. I may stretch 24 weeks or forever.

I know right! I'm 6 weeks post and got a few crinkles here and there, but still acting like I'm freshly relaxed. :drunk: I'm not even thinking about when I'm going to relax because I really don't know how long I'm going to go.

Used to relax every 4 weeks back in the day.........

Rozlewis

emada
cassie712

How are you doing? I am almost 17 weeks post and will relax soon. Still going strong but it's just hard to style my hair at this point. I don't like to use heat so buns and twist outs is all I have been doing. How many weeks post are you? How has your hair been doing?

PureSilver

Lawd this has been the longest 16 weeks in a lonnnnnggg time. 16 wks post. Will relax tomorrow.

emada

Hey Rozlewis :wave:

I think I'm about 7 weeks post, and so far so good. I've been using APB and I'm really liking it! I just ordered more hair cremes and a conditioner. I have more new growth than I usually do around this time but it's been nicely moisturized thanks to APB. I'm trying to figure out new protective/ low manipulation styles to try. My hair is just about SL so I don't want to leave it out, but I'm not feeling my wigs right now. Congrats at 17 weeks, that's impressive!

Rozlewis

Hey Rozlewis :wave:

I think I'm about 7 weeks post, and so far so good. I've been using APB and I'm really liking it! I just ordered more hair cremes and a conditioner. I have more new growth than I usually do around this time but it's been nicely moisturized thanks to APB. I'm trying to figure out new protective/ low manipulation styles to try. My hair is just about SL so I don't want to leave it out, but I'm not feeling my wigs right now. Congrats at 17 weeks, that's impressive!

Hi emada,

That ABP is the bomb.com. I placed another order and I really do not need anything. This wash day I tried soothing different I layered all of her products. I started with the leave-in conditioner (L), then the Ayurvedic oil (O), and last the hair creme (C). My hair is up in a bun and will be like that until Tuesday when I cowash but right now it is so moisturized. I love her products.

It is nice that you have noticed more growth than usual. That is a good feeling. I am a little style challenged. I don't do much besides twist-out, buns, and french rolls. I want my hair to get a little longer and then I will wear it out more and experiment with different styles. For now, I mainly keep it up.

PureSilver

A few hours post. I relaxed this morning. I did great for an amateur