SL 2014

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hi ladies! I'm 2 weeks post and I'm finally updating pics. My stylist gave me a trim to even out my hair in the back. I'm not sure if I'll make SL this year. As long as it's healthy and growing, I'm ok with that :)

Sorry about the big pics:)

This is beautiful girl

xxinsanexxchels

Here are some pictures that I have been trying to post on here for you all to see but the app crashes non stop on my Galaxy Note 3 please tell me what length you think my hair is I think that the majority of my hair is NL while my stupid little tail is SL I want to get all of my hair to SL ASAP and I did a trim with my split ender because I do my own hair (you ladies have gotten me terrified to go to the salon with all the horror stories I've read on here). :nono:

One more thing... all the curly pics my hair is covered in NaturelleGrow's Marshmellow Root Slippery Elm Deep Conditioner my hair loves this DC and my curls POP with it detangling is a breeze with this. You may notice my hair is looser in the front than the back it just is anyway idk why but I'm certain straightening my bangs all the time doesn't help. :look:

Attachments

• 20140702_123751.jpg
    20140702_123751.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20140702_123640.jpg
    20140702_123640.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 54
  • imageedit_3_5008932668.jpg
    imageedit_3_5008932668.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140709_222758.jpg
    20140709_222758.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 67

sexypebbly

ForumRunner_20140725_195211.jpg

My twist out for this week. Think I'm getting closer to the SL goal. Just trying to take good care of my scalp and bald spot.

lovely_locks

After the mixture I wrapped my hair and went to sleep. I woke up the mornings and felt a huge difference. This is fed my new weekly/bi weekly ritual.

faithVA

My two strand twist are finally hanging better in the front. It has been a long journey. The back is still very, very short so I just don't look at it :lol:

This at least gives me another styling option from the flat twist. Each month should be better. The bald spot at my crown is filling in nicely so I don't have to try to use my twist to cover it.

Looking forward to seeing where my hair is in 5 months. I won't be SL but hopefully at least NL. I've been EL way too long.

naija24

Did my hair this weekend and I'm actually happy with my length today! Small victories. I airdried and the thickness is WONDERFUL. Wow. I don't think I can go back. Using Vaseline to seal my ends.

I think i can be CBL by next spring. I don't see it happening this year but since CBL is my actual hair goal--I don't like long hair--it's less stressful than I originally thought. Gonna try to stretch every 12-16 weeks going forward. I get about 1-1.5 inches in growth.

jennifer30

My two strand twist are finally hanging better in the front. It has been a long journey. The back is still very, very short so I just don't look at it :lol:

This at least gives me another styling option from the flat twist. Each month should be better. The bald spot at my crown is filling in nicely so I don't have to try to use my twist to cover it.

Looking forward to seeing where my hair is in 5 months. I won't be SL but hopefully at least NL. I've been EL way too long.
how long have u have been EL?

mshoneyfly

HairPleezeGrow
That set is soo cute...I love it!

OAN: I washed my weave for the first time Sunday. I cleaned my scalp with a mix of ACV, AVG and water from the tea kettle. Then I applied a natural DC I got from Marshall's to the strands. I let it sit for about 30 minutes, rinsed and sat under the dryer to avoid mildew. The ACV got rid of all the itchies pretty well.

After it dried, I M&S'd with Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk and Vatika coconut oil. That really smoothed the flyaways in this hair. I've been too lazy to flat iron it so I'm still wearing the wavy look :yep:

Im loving the look and ease of this hair. I can see how people get addicted to weave, lol!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow
That set is soo cute...I love it!

OAN: I washed my weave for the first time Sunday. I cleaned my scalp with a mix of ACV, AVG and water from the tea kettle. Then I applied a natural DC I got from Marshall's to the strands. I let it sit for about 30 minutes, rinsed and sat under the dryer to avoid mildew. The ACV got rid of all the itchies pretty well.

After it dried, I M&S'd with Shea Moisture Transitioning Milk and Vatika coconut oil. That really smoothed the flyaways in this hair. I've been too lazy to flat iron it so I'm still wearing the wavy look :yep:

Im loving the look and ease of this hair. I can see how people get addicted to weave, lol!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thanks Honey! I'm glad you are enjoying your sew-in. Remind me again what hair did you get and is it a full sew in?

BonBon

I've really given up on my hair since my last update.

Was so disappointed with the density I've been in a hate phase unfortunately and haven't had a proper detangle day for 2 months. I'm dreading up here, but finding it hard to be motivated:ohwell:.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I've really given up on my hair since my last update.

Was so disappointed with the density I've been in a hate phase unfortunately and haven't had a proper detangle day for 2 months. I'm dreading up here, but finding it hard to be motivated:ohwell:.

Oh Sumra don't get discouraged. Take a deep breath and tackle the tangles. Maybe treat yourself to a good dc and make sure you baby your hair afterwards. Please keep at it and no more neglecting okay! And I don't want to hear anyone giving up. The health of your hair and scalp is most important and the rest will follow.

faithVA

that is too long. I am trying to get my hair past my ears to grow but it is just so hard :ohwell:

It is too long. Some of it is my fault and some of it is just health issues. I think I'm coming out of it now and the 2nd half of the year is better.

faithVA

[USER=26733 said:
Sumra[/USER];20389995]I've really given up on my hair since my last update.

What's going on? What problems are you having with detangling?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I want to join this challenge. I am at around neck length, natural 4a but many parts of my hair are heat damaged. I've decided I care more for now about length so I will leave that alone till at least apl.
I will post some starting pics as soon as I flatiron my hair.

I just had a lightbulb moment in the midst of writing this post. The heat damage started with the purchase of my new flat iron and it is titanium. I've been using ceramics for years and getting bone straight hair with a little texture altering, but not the bone straight damage I have now. I'm putting that thing in my product graveyard. Damn damn damn. Tempted to shave my head again but not interested in starting over.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I want to join this challenge. I am at around neck length, natural 4a but many parts of my hair are heat damaged. I've decided I care more for now about length so I will leave that alone till at least apl. I will post some starting pics as soon as I flatiron my hair. I just had a lightbulb moment in the midst of writing this post. The heat damage started with the purchase of my new flat iron and it is titanium. I've been using ceramics for years and getting bone straight hair with a little texture altering, but not the bone straight damage I have now. I'm putting that thing in my product graveyard. Damn damn damn. Tempted to shave my head again but not interested in starting over.

Welcome! Put that flat iron away for a while girl.

faithVA

I want to join this challenge. I am at around neck length, natural 4a but many parts of my hair are heat damaged. I've decided I care more for now about length so I will leave that alone till at least apl.
I will post some starting pics as soon as I flatiron my hair.

I just had a lightbulb moment in the midst of writing this post. The heat damage started with the purchase of my new flat iron and it is titanium. I've been using ceramics for years and getting bone straight hair with a little texture altering, but not the bone straight damage I have now. I'm putting that thing in my product graveyard. Damn damn damn. Tempted to shave my head again but not interested in starting over.

Welcome to the challenge. Sorry to hear about your setback.

Do regular keratin protein treatments if you aren't already and get on a regular trim schedule to keep your ends under control. See you at SL :yep:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Aw thanks. That means a lot coming from you with all that beautiful hair.

The front was nice. The back was not picture worthy. My coworker said my hair was wild. :lol:

Thanks but you know you got some beautiful thick hair Sis. Lol I'm sure it wasn't wild but just a different look than what they're used to.