**2013 Ceramides Challenge**

EnExitStageLeft

DominicanBrazilian82

Thats one of the reasons I like it. My fine strands tangle wayyyy to easily if my hair is air dried and light/featherweight. Its another story when I use heat, they don't tangle at all w/ little product :perplexed. So I have to use products with a bit of weight (when air dried) so that my strands won't mesh with one another. I have so much hair that one tangle can cause a mess of trouble and ain't nobody got time for that :nono:.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
DominicanBrazilian82 I tend to be heavy handed and it can get greasy if you use too much. It is so light and lotiony that at first I was like, "Really, what is this gonna do for my jungle of hair?" but when I put it on all heavy handed and what not and I sealed it with an oil, it ended up kinda greasy. I didn't mind because I keep my hair pinned up in twists or braids. I tend to like products with substance anyway. That's why I don't like "milk" type products.

Try using a lot less and sealing with a lighter oil.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
From using RBO or from using ceramides in general keranikki?

From using ceramides in general. I've used ORS also this week. I had to wash my hair yesterday, so I used ORS aloe shampoo; conditioned with dermorganics repair masque, Aussie moist 3 minute miracle; used belnouvo avocado condish as a leave-in; then sealed with RBO. When I looked in the mirror, my hair looked like 2abc type hair. My hair is 3bc, 4a type hair even with the Brazilian Keratin Treatment.

DominicanBrazilian82

From using ceramides in general. I've used ORS also this week. I had to wash my hair yesterday, so I used ORS aloe shampoo; conditioned with dermorganics repair masque, Aussie moist 3 minute miracle; used belnouvo avocado condish as a leave-in; then sealed with RBO. When I looked in the mirror, my hair looked like 2abc type hair. My hair is 3bc, 4a type hair even with the Brazilian Keratin Treatment.

Well... That sounds pretty awesome (unless that's not a good thing for you). How's the BKT life for you?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Well... That sounds pretty awesome (unless that's not a good thing for you). How's the BKT life for you?

It's weird. I wasn't expecting my hair to change. I cut a lot of my progress off, because the BKT was drying. It really did a number on my ends. If I knew using ceramides would help this much, I wouldn't have cut my hair. I'm kicking myself right now.

Brownie518

Prepoo'd with a mix of hemp, wgo, rice bran, safflower, amla, brahmi, and jbco that I've had sitting around and forgot about.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I wanna try RBO...I guess I'll have to wait till my no buy is over. :(

Than again, can you cook with it? keranikki :look: It might just have to go in my food budget along with the GSO. :lol:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Picked up some Sunflower oil to add to my Dcs and to prepoo and seal with. Oh, and for that tofu stir fry too. :look:

DH said, "We didn't need any more oil. We have half a bottle of olive oil left." I was just like, "Oh really? I didn't know." :look: :lachen:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Sealed with the last of my HV Avosoya oil. I purchased some Hairitage Hydration Hemp Nostalgia for a leave in. I will probably try it on wash day.

NowIAmNappy

Just re-upped on my Sunflower oil and sealed last night and this morning my twists are looking yummy delicious and so shiny

sisters248

I'm cowashing my hair today right after I get home from school. I plan on using HQ leave-in and then I will air dry my hair. When it is done drying I plan on moisturizing and sealing my hair with safflower oil.:yep: