May 3,4,5,..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Rozlewis

Here is the plan:

Prepoo with EVOO with heat for 20 mins.
Wash with Keracare Detangling Hydrating shampoo
Apply Roux Poroxity Control
DC with ORS Replenishing Pak plus Peppermint and Rosemary oil under steam for 30 mins
Apply Leave ins
Rollerset

Thanks all folks.

hnntrr

took my extensions out. currently DCing. Probably going to bantu knot/flat twist the front and use all those swanky new scarves I bought until I can figure out how to do my hair next.

cutenss

Prepoo with ceramide oil mixture using GHE
Wash with WEN
Use Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
Use Graham Webb Silk Repair
DC overnight or just steam in some DC from Hairitage Hydrations or WEN 613
Use my Gleau and PM The Conditioner for leave-in conditioning and moisturizing

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Shampoo and DC tomorrow. I'm going to do this month's protein treatment.

Ended up using what was left of my Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol for my PT. It's a medium level protein I think but it has always worked very well for me. I really don't think I need hard protein at all.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Today was wash day. I prepooed overnight with EVOO, then washed with Amala Cream Rinse, DCed with Sitrinillah, and will finally do the LOCB with Aphogee Green Tea spray, Avosoya oil, Whipped Creme Ends Hydration, and Almond Glaze.

For my weekly style, I will put in my same ol' cornrows with twists in the back.

lamaria211

I did a prepoo using EVOCO, organic raw honey, hemp and avocado oil. i used heat for about 30mins. Then i washed with Wen 613 and left it on for about 15 minutes. Now im sitting for 30 mins with Aphogee 2 minute using heat for 15mins. Im about to rinse this out then pour on a black and red tea rinse, add my DC (Aussie 3 min+Ion hard water condish+ Oils and honey) on top and leave that on for at least 2 hours before rinsing adding my leave in (shescentit moisture mist and Darcys Tucum butter moister whip, sealed in 100% pure argan oil) and air drying in braids or a bun

Babygrowth

Yesterday I prepooed/dry DC'ed with NG Slippery elm wth tea underneathe and eve oil mix on top for about 30-40 mins, washed with Hairveda amala cream rinse, then followed with moist pro (hair detangled like a dream!) Rinsed that out wrapped a shirt around my head for 5 mins then applied my cocojbco oil. Air dry hair completely (by accident got distracted :)) then used KC shea butter lotion with KBN butter on my ends. This AM put my hair in plaits and that's it! Wigging it until touch up in 2 weeks!

Babygrowth

MileHighDiva

The bar costs $6.00. If you were interested in purchasing it, try sending Njoi a message on Etsy. A few months ago I asked her to purchase multiples of an item that was listed as having only one available. She responded quickly and I got my multiples :)

If memory serves me correctly, Babygrowth used the Njoi bar, and my PJ behind decided to purchase it because she seemed to have great results.(Thanks Babygrowth :grin:) I also watched the following YouTube video from tastiredbone where she uses the Njoi bar:

http://youtu.be/6Hy4Ceql4n

I'll update next week to let you know how it went :yep:

Yep! I love it! I pm'd her for it. I left it in over night, mixed it with NG slippery elm and her tea rinse. My shedding is at an abnormally low amount because of it and my reddish pre-colored hair looks richer! Its pretty awesome! Rinses easily but as a precaution I dunked my head in the tub. Soft, strong hair! Using the leftover next Saturday as a true gloss/DC.The only downside is that between all this NG I have and the added thickness this henna gave me, doing anything besides leaving it alone could be detrimental lol! ;-) I love having this "problem" by the way! drpeaches81 and MileHighDiva sorry I replied sooo late!

sillygirl82

I'm dying my hair black and deep conditioning it. I cannot take looking at those strands of white any more.

ronie

Slept all day in a prepoo of EVOCO, about to apply shi natural shedding conditioner to my scalp for an hour.
Will then:
Shampoo with joico moisture recovery (still looking for a sulfate free shampoo my hair likes)
Black tea rinse
DC with claudie deep moisturizing DC
Leave in bee mine bee lovely
Airdry 75%
Moisturize with qhemet brbc
Twist with Qhemet ohhb

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
So I Prepooed with vatika oil
Did a quick protein DC with SD Wheatgerm butter condish
Shampooed with Dr. Bronners castile liquid soap in Peppermint
Tea rinse on scalp and length of hair with black tea/neem/roobios (The roobios left my hair feeling much softer - I will keep this in the mix)
Topped that with my rhassoul/brahmi/bhringraj dc
Rinsed thoroughly with warm water
Applied QB CTDG
Installed curlformers - allowing these suckas to airdry overnight.

Nylund

drpeaches81 how much is the henna gloss bar? The price is not listed on her site. Please report back on your results etc.

MileHighDiva

Hi! I'm updating you on my henna gloss results. I mixed the bar with 1 cup of DermOrganic Daily Hydrating conditioner and chamomile tea (1/2 cup water and 1 bag of tea.) I couldn't get the mixture smooth with just my wooden spoon so I whisked it to get it silky smooth (it looked like cake batter; not sure if I was supposed to whisk it.) I left the mix on my hair for 5.5 hours, dunked my hair in a sink of warm water, then co-washed it out using my DermOrganic conditioner. I agree with Babygrowth, it rinsed really easily. My hair felt kind of hard after rinsing in the sink, but felt very soft after co-washing. I then deep conditioned with steam, then twisted my hair.

It may be my imagination, but my twists look so much thicker than normal. My hair is soft and strong, and I did shed much less when I fully detangled when applying my deep conditioner. I haven't noticed a color change, but it's only been 2 hours since I've rinsed it out :)

I agree with Babygrowth - this treatment bar is great, and I recommend it highly! I'll be messaging Njoi today or tomorrow to order 2-3 more. I'm planning on repeating it monthly.

Babygrowth
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience with the bar in the Fine-Hair thread. You're awesome! :bighug:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
drpeaches81 thank you for the thorough review/update! Please update us in a few days on your color results. Sounds easy, but you know I'm scared x10. Off to look up Babygrowth's experience in the Fine Hair thread.

Nylund

MileHighDiva

You're welcome :) I was pretty scared, too, especially after reading some henna horror stories. And when my hair felt hard/ dry after I rinsed it my heart skipped a beat. But after reading, reading, and reading some more, I figured a henna gloss vs full strength henna would be a safe choice for my hair. Reading this CurlyNikki article (http://www.essence.com/2012/01/17/curlynikki-on-the-benefits-of-henna-gloss-for-natural-hair/) , watching the tastiredbone Youtube video I mentioned earlier, and reading about Babygrowth's experience made me comfortable with trying it. And it seems to have worked out so far.

I'm kinda hoping my color won't change too much, which is why I'm only planning on henna glossing once monthly. If you end up trying the henna gloss. please keep up posted :)

sexypebbly

I'm going to do my henna treatment on sun

Change of plans. Ended up prepooing overnight with SSI okra conditioner snd hairveda vatika frosting. Clarified with ORS aloe and hairveda cocasta shampoo bar(which smells really good by the way). And DC'ed with hairveda sitrinillah for an hr with heat and 1hr without heat.