Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:53 AM
msjones's Avatar
msjones msjones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Sooo I was in Nordstrom at the MAC counter yesterday and I saw that they had a plain mascara wand. I bought one because I had been meaning to try Sareca's castor oil idea for thickening my eyelashes. I use mascara on my eyelashes every day so i had a hole between some lashes. They were looking pretty anemic. It might be JUST ME, but I woke up today and that hole is now filled and they do seem to be a little thicker.

All I did was take the mascara wand and dip it into a little JBCO on my finger. I swiped it on my eyelashes and my eyebrows. This will definitely be a part of my nightly skincare regimen!

Thanks, Sareca!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:04 AM
HAIRapy's Avatar
HAIRapy HAIRapy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,162
Thanks: 1,362
Thanked 4,019 Times in 992 Posts
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Okay, I think I'm having a brain fart. I can usually figure out what stuff means... what's JBCO?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:06 AM
msjones's Avatar
msjones msjones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtAiryHoney View Post
Okay, I think I'm having a brain fart. I can usually figure out what stuff means... what's JBCO?
Jamaican Black Castor Oil--I assume it works with regular castor oil though--I just happened to have some of this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
~*~ShopAholic~*~'s Avatar
~*~ShopAholic~*~ ~*~ShopAholic~*~ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 5,489
Thanks: 861
Thanked 1,557 Times in 642 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Maybe your lashes just needed to be groomed/combed without the mascara, I find it hard to believe that they grew in over night. I know sometimes my lashes get all rowdy on me and just combing or brushing through them helps direct them in the right direction.
__________________
Last Relaxer: 9/1/12
Last Cut: 9/15/12
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:17 AM
amwcah's Avatar
amwcah amwcah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,960
Thanks: 1,037
Thanked 4,889 Times in 1,353 Posts
Mentioned: 420 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulWideEyes View Post
Maybe your lashes just needed to be groomed/combed without the mascara, I find it hard to believe that they grew in over night. I know sometimes my lashes get all rowdy on me and just combing or brushing through them helps direct them in the right direction.
I'm sorry, but I agree with this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
msjones's Avatar
msjones msjones is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

I'm not so sure what's with the negativity--I didnt say they 'grew in'--like Sareca said--JBCO helps with THICKENING. If you hair can feel thicker with henna treatment over night, or with castor oil in your DC--why can't it give a thickening effect to eyelashes?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
~*~ShopAholic~*~'s Avatar
~*~ShopAholic~*~ ~*~ShopAholic~*~ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 5,489
Thanks: 861
Thanked 1,557 Times in 642 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

No negativety just my honest opinion. Maybe I was confused by the way you worded the bold from your OP. I took hole as if the lashes were missing/fell out from the daily use of the mascara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjones View Post
Sooo I was in Nordstrom at the MAC counter yesterday and I saw that they had a plain mascara wand. I bought one because I had been meaning to try Sareca's castor oil idea for thickening my eyelashes. I use mascara on my eyelashes every day so i had a hole between some lashes. They were looking pretty anemic. It might be JUST ME, but I woke up today and that hole is now filled and they do seem to be a little thicker.

All I did was take the mascara wand and dip it into a little JBCO on my finger. I swiped it on my eyelashes and my eyebrows. This will definitely be a part of my nightly skincare regimen!

Thanks, Sareca!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjones View Post
I'm not so sure what's with the negativity--I didnt say they 'grew in'--like Sareca said--JBCO helps with THICKENING. If you hair can feel thicker with henna treatment over night, or with castor oil in your DC--why can't it give a thickening effect to eyelashes?
__________________
Last Relaxer: 9/1/12
Last Cut: 9/15/12
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
blazingthru's Avatar
blazingthru blazingthru is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 4,309
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 1,338
Thanked 1,695 Times in 816 Posts
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

i'll have to try this sounds interesting. No one talks about JBCO anymore I since put in the bottom of my PJBin but I did pour a lot of regular castor in my shampoo and conditioner, although I don't shampoo anymore as much. I just shakakia oil and wash and I like that much better. Anywho. I will be trying this since I can't wear makeup anyway. I hate that but my eyes are in bad shape so no make up for me but atleast I can thicken up my lashes. Sulfur brought my eyebrows back in thick and full.
__________________
www.guidancetohealth.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Fine 4s's Avatar
Fine 4s Fine 4s is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: icloud
Posts: 4,523
Thanks: 4,656
Thanked 4,409 Times in 1,352 Posts
Mentioned: 268 Post(s)
Tagged: 26 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
i'll have to try this sounds interesting. No one talks about JBCO anymore I since put in the bottom of my PJBin but I did pour a lot of regular castor in my shampoo and conditioner, although I don't shampoo anymore as much. I just shakakia oil and wash and I like that much better. Anywho. I will be trying this since I can't wear makeup anyway. I hate that but my eyes are in bad shape so no make up for me but atleast I can thicken up my lashes. Sulfur brought my eyebrows back in thick and full.

Wasn't there a difference with the effects of using Castor oil and Silk Amino Acids on eyelashes. One thickens and the other makes them [appear] longer? Am I correct ladies? I want to thicken my eyebrows and was thinking about using MTG but Sulfur would do just fine I suppose. Do you have any before and after pics of the sulfur results?

Another question though, where do you ladies buy your JBCO. I thought Sam's disappeared on something like that? no?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Firstborn2's Avatar
Firstborn2 Firstborn2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,861
Thanks: 10,012
Thanked 7,554 Times in 1,978 Posts
Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 37 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Hi Taino,

No Sam's is still open, I just had a relative pick me up a few bottles of JBCO on monday.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
blazingthru's Avatar
blazingthru blazingthru is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 4,309
Blog Entries: 10
Thanks: 1,338
Thanked 1,695 Times in 816 Posts
Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taino View Post
Wasn't there a difference with the effects of using Castor oil and Silk Amino Acids on eyelashes. One thickens and the other makes them [appear] longer? Am I correct ladies? I want to thicken my eyebrows and was thinking about using MTG but Sulfur would do just fine I suppose. Do you have any before and after pics of the sulfur results?

Another question though, where do you ladies buy your JBCO. I thought Sam's disappeared on something like that? no?
No I didn't take pictures really I just started putting it on there a few nights and then they were back just like that. I hadn't had good eyebrows in years now I do.
__________________
www.guidancetohealth.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
zzirvingj's Avatar
zzirvingj zzirvingj is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Where Its Greater
Posts: 5,763
Blog Entries: 9
Thanks: 2,110
Thanked 2,121 Times in 509 Posts
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 18 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Good for you!!!

I've been using regular CO on mine @ night, and SAA mixed in with my clear mascara during the day...and I am L-O-V-I-N my results!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
cocoberry10 cocoberry10 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In the Land of Oz!!!!!!!
Posts: 12,387
Thanks: 2
Thanked 87 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjones View Post
I'm not so sure what's with the negativity--I didnt say they 'grew in'--like Sareca said--JBCO helps with THICKENING. If you hair can feel thicker with henna treatment over night, or with castor oil in your DC--why can't it give a thickening effect to eyelashes?
Castor oil (whether Jamaican Black or regular) definitely helps to thicken and increase lash growth (this has been proven), so you are not wrong. Nice to see some results overnight. If you keep with it, within a few weeks, you will definitely see major results. There's actually a thread in the makeup forum about castor oil and lashes.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice & Wavy's Avatar
Nice & Wavy Nice & Wavy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safely in His Arms!
Posts: 23,285
Blog Entries: 31
Thanks: 8,727
Thanked 12,997 Times in 3,815 Posts
Mentioned: 464 Post(s)
Tagged: 32 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsicles View Post
Hi Taino,

No Sam's is still open, I just had a relative pick me up a few bottles of JBCO on monday.
Really? I went there a few weeks ago and they were closed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Firstborn2's Avatar
Firstborn2 Firstborn2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,861
Thanks: 10,012
Thanked 7,554 Times in 1,978 Posts
Mentioned: 336 Post(s)
Tagged: 37 Thread(s)
Default Re: thumbs up to JBCO on eyelashes!!!

Really? I went there a few weeks ago and they were closed.



Hi NIce & Wavy,
I live in Los Angeles and my cousin lives in Hempstead, I asked her to pick me up a few bottles monday. I called her this morning and asked her again if she really went to Sam's cause someone from the board suggested that they may have closed, so she gave me the number 516-858-0054. I called and spoke with an employee who said that they were closed during the Holiday's but they are open now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



» Advertisment

» Advertisment

» Advertisment

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2011, Long Hair Care Forum™, LLC.
Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net