Naturally Flexible Support Thread

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It was even cold here in Houston this week. We were in the 30s for a couple days. Today the sun is back and it's about 65-70 :cool:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I didn't want to wet my whole head in -1 degrees. So I out conditioner on my ends only and then rinsed it out after an hour.

Joigirl

Below zero today! I've been wearing twist outs this week. And moisturizing a couple times a week at night. I hate this weather. My hair always feels dry this time of the year. I always think there's a problem with my regimen, but it is this moisture sapping weather causing the issue. Heavier creams and butter are helping. I have a lot less ssks than last year.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
My head is in twists. I can always count on good old fashioned protective styles that I can just leave alone. :yep:

I also went heavy with moisture and sealant use. My hair is thanking me right now.

havilland

Mz.MoMo5235 If I am not mistaken, doesn't Arizona have a dry climate all year round? Come into this :grouphug:. :grin:

As I sit here with a head full of coconut oil and deep conditioner tryna get my moisture back.

Winter is something else!

Attachments

• image-2515464897.jpg
    image-2515464897.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 66

Mz.MoMo5235

@DoDo Yes it is very dry here, summer and winter. Except from July to Sept when we have our monsoon season. I prefer the dry heat though I do have to insure my skin and hair stay hydrated (not easy since I'm super lazy).

I never thought it made a difference until I lived in India for a year (super humid) and when I got back I got SO many compliments on my skin... and then AZ sucked the Indian beauty from my skin lol.

ETA: But I am sitting here appreciating my 67 degree sunny winter :D

havilland

@DoDo Yes it is very dry here, summer and winter. Except from July to Sept when we have our monsoon season. I prefer the dry heat though I do have to insure my skin and hair stay hydrated (not easy since I'm super lazy). I never thought it made a difference until I lived in India for a year (super humid) and when I got back I got SO many compliments on my skin... and then AZ sucked the Indian beauty from my skin lol. ETA: But I am sitting here appreciating my 67 degree sunny winter :D

I'm jelly!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today is wash day. I did a coconut oil prepoo, washed with Con Argan oil and now I'm deep conditioning with Kerastase Oleo Relax and Alter Ego. I hope this Oleo Relax lives up to the hype.

I bought my all time fave Kerastase mask yesterday (Chroma Rich) and they are sending me 5 travel size products to sample :grin:

havilland

Just put in some deep conditioner to marinade for a bit. My hair is on auto pilot right now. After a two year transition and two and half years natural.....now I am just trying to leave her alone and let her grow.

Joigirl

Took the curlformers out and the result was worth the pain and aggravation. I will separate and fluff tomorrow. I also clipped my ends after taking down each sleeve.

Attachments

• image-2572623817.jpg
    image-2572623817.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 88

Joigirl

Thanks ladies. My curls didn't last. They weren't firm enough and started to unravel in certain areas. I used a butter under my gel, so I will skip this step next time. I washed them out and did a WNG tonite. Long sigh....

havilland

Thanks ladies. My curls didn't last. They weren't firm enough and started to unravel in certain areas. I used a butter under my gel, so I will skip this step next time. I washed them out and did a WNG tonite. Long sigh....

Nooooooooo!!!! That's too much work gone bye bye. I'm sorry :(

havilland

Silky and shiny after a deep treatment this weekend. I finally hit my sweet spot with this hair.

Attachments

• image-2110994635.jpg
    image-2110994635.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 85

havilland

Let's discuss holy grail prods. What works best for your leave in?

Mine is Kinky Curly Knot a Today

What about you?

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
havilland

I have a few holy grail leave ins:

Oyin Hair Dew

Purabody Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk

Curl Junkie Argan and Olive Oil Daily Hair Conditioner

Koils by Nature Moisturizing Shealoe Leave-In Conditioner

Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk

Last edited:

havilland

havilland I have a few holy grail leave ins: Oyin Hair Dew Purabody Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk Curl Junkie Argan and Olive Oil Daily Hair Conditioner Koils by Nature Moisturizing Shealoe Leave-In Conditioner Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk

I want to try the Camille Rose. Does it mix well with other products?

Joigirl

My favorites are:

Bel Nuovo Avocado & Shea
Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Delight
DB Pumpkin Seed
DB Sweet Cream Daily
KBN Shealoe

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I want to try the Camille Rose. Does it mix well with other products?

havilland

I think it does. I tend to use it with Kinky Curly Curling Custard if I am using a gel. I rarely wear wash and go's though so I tend to use it with butters, pomades and oils. It goes with all of those very well. It is also great at softening second and third day wash and go hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Let's discuss holy grail prods. What works best for your leave in?

Mine is Kinky Curly Knot a Today

What about you?

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship was my holy grail, but they discontinued it :(

Now I use Neutrogena Silk Touch cream until something better comes along. It's light enough for my straight hair, but when I wear it curly I need something thicker.

havilland

I flat ironed today. My hair is so boring!!! I just want it to be longer....like hip length...... Which is totally insane to me because i am now bra strap length. (My original goal was apl). I officially have hairorexia! But My hair is boring to me. I have no layers no color it is just long hair....no vavoom ?!

Here is my bunny bun. I flat ironed and immediately put it up to protect the ends from the air. If I keep looking at them (my ends) I'm going to trim and I'm not supposed to trim until June.

Attachments

• image-965338792.jpg
    image-965338792.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1310442298.jpg
    image-1310442298.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: