Long Term Users of Ayurvedic Products

Lucia

I now make and use my own Ayurvedic oil I got tired of some of
The preservatives or additives in some Ayurvedic oils on the market
Details in my fotki

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Subscribing....

I want to get back into ayurvedic regimens. I recently found maicurls.wordpress.com and she has amazing posts.

ETA: I agree w/ Lucia a lot of commercial ayurvedic products are now starting to be filled w/ junk ingredients. It's hard to find 100% Amla oil, etc.

Last edited:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Subscribing.... I want to get back into ayurvedic regimens. I recently found maicurls.wordpress.com and she has amazing posts. ETA: I agree w/ Lucia a lot of commercial ayurvedic products are now starting to be filled w/ junk ingredients. It's hard to find 100% Amla oil, etc.

Thanks for sharing the site. I checked it out and she has great recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

fatimablush

i remember when i first came onto the board...i used an ayurvedic regimen. my hair stopped a lot of shedding and looked really healthy. i don't know why i stopped.
i guess it was too long and messy...but i am back into it again. i made a file of everything i used so i will refer to that.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life

discodumpling

Longterm (since 07 or 08) but inconsistent ayurvedic product user over here! I'm sitting under the dryer with amla, brahmi, and a little shikaki mixed with cheapie condish and a little bit of melted shea butter.

With consistency I do notice better, thicker, more manageable, smoother, hair. The products are VERY ECONOMICAL...I shop for powders, & oils 2X per year MAX and spend less than $20 each time!

Texasdymond

I've been using Ayurvedic powders for about 1.5-2 yrs now. Mainly brahmi, bringrhaj, hibiscus, shikhaki, henna and cassia. My hair has improved in thickness and length. but my hair really started showing out is when I start using clays like Aztec Indian healing clay and rhassoul clay. the latter is my favorite. my hair really clumps and curls and the roots fill thicker and softer.

I like to go into real Indian/Pakistani grocery stores for my powders. really cheap plus I enjoy exploring the store. I find cool things I wouldn't normally find in an American grocery store.

Texasdymond

I forgot to add Neem powder. That's a really good cleanser. I definitely notice a difference in my hair after using it