SL 2014

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Hey ladies!!! Just stopping through to give motivation to those who are in here. I think I am an honorary SL'er because I swear I was at SL probably for 85% of my life. But my whole life changed when I started taking care of it. I started my journey 2 years ago @ NL in June 2012. I worked hard and got to full SL by fall 2012, high bunning by November 2012 and then grazing BSB by March 2013. Between August 2013 - April 2014 I did nothing but reverse everything I worked so hard for. Now I'm back to full BSB and working towards below APL by 12/31. But this time it's fuller, longer and much healthier. Plus I'm 79 weeks post relaxer! Excited to see what I am this time next year. image-1925435408.jpg

faithVA

Hey ladies!!! Just stopping through to give motivation to those who are in here. I think I am an honorary SL'er because I swear I was at SL probably for 85% of my life. But my whole life changed when I started taking care of it. I started my journey 2 years ago @ NL in June 2012. I worked hard and got to full SL by fall 2012, high bunning by November 2012 and then grazing BSB by March 2013. Between August 2013 - April 2014 I did nothing but reverse everything I worked so hard for. Now I'm back to full BSB and working towards below APL by 12/31. But this time it's fuller, longer and much healthier. Plus I'm 79 weeks post relaxer! Excited to see what I am this time next year. View attachment 280859

Thanks for the encouragement CrysMelis.

You state you are BSB (below shoulder blade) working towards APL (arm pit length) but BSB comes after APL. Just wanted to clarify. Whatever it is, its more than what I have :lol: Good luck on your journey.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Thanks for the encouragement CrysMelis. You state you are BSB (below shoulder blade) working towards APL (arm pit length) but BSB comes after APL. Just wanted to clarify. Whatever it is, its more than what I have :lol: Good luck on your journey.

Hmmm... I've been going on the premise that is was NL, SL, BSB, APL, BSL, MBL... Welp!!! I'm somewhere in between my shoulders and my armpit (closer to my armpit though). Either way! I'm super proud that I'm hanging in there! Thanks for the info :smile:

faithVA

Hmmm... I've been going on the premise that is was NL, SL, BSB, APL, BSL, MBL... Welp!!! I'm somewhere in between my shoulders and my armpit (closer to my armpit though). Either way! I'm super proud that I'm hanging in there! Thanks for the info :smile:

Yes be proud of APL. That is a great accomplishment.

Fotchygirl

I think you are where they call CBL which is collar bone length.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I was supposed to get my sew in yesterday and ended up doing my two daughters heads instead. So today I just went ahead and sewed down the u part I made...so glad I didn't take the wig apart bc that's what my sister in law was going to do my micro link sew in with. Any way my little rigged up sew in will do for bow until the links come in the mail. I put my hair in a bun and will probably leave it like this for a bit...

View attachment 281053

View attachment 281055

View attachment 281057

View attachment 281059

View attachment 281061

Trixie58

Well the wig was just too bulky sewn in like that so I took the tracks off the caps and sewed them in with my whole perimeter still left out. I think it looks way better. I still struggle at doing my own sew in so bare with me...I dk why my pics are coming out upside down but here they are.
wish I could do my own hair. I'd love a protective style while my weird face framing layers grow out, but my SO picky and doesn't understand my hair.

Trixie58

I was supposed to get my sew in yesterday and ended up doing my two daughters heads instead. So today I just went ahead and sewed down the u part I made...so glad I didn't take the wig apart bc that's what my sister in law was going to do my micro link sew in with. Any way my little rigged up sew in will do for bow until the links come in the mail. I put my hair in a bun and will probably leave it like this for a bit...
ps that looks like wedding hair! First thing I thght when I saw it.

faithVA

:yay: styling time is finally down to an hour. Maybe now I won't dread wash day so much. One day wash day will only be 2 or 3 hours.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
wish I could do my own hair. I'd love a protective style while my weird face framing layers grow out, but my SO picky and doesn't understand my hair.

I had to learn and keep practicing on my hair. I srsly sucked and kind of still do at certain styles when it comes to my hair. But i dk lol. What type of styles does SO like?

iVR

Well the wig was just too bulky sewn in like that so I took the tracks off the caps and sewed them in with my whole perimeter still left out. I think it looks way better. I still struggle at doing my own sew in so bare with me...I dk why my pics are coming out upside down but here they are.

It looks really nice. I wish I had the patience to do that. :)

faithVA

I had to learn and keep practicing on my hair. I srsly sucked and kind of still do at certain styles when it comes to my hair. But i dk lol. What type of styles does SO like?

You have way more skills than most people. This year you have done so much. You have done things I've never seen anyone else do.

faithVA

Most men don't understand hair because they usually don't have any :lol:

They usually have to be trained to accept certain parts of the process. They may not like it but if they understand that in the end they may get what they want, they tend to be more cooperative or at least keep their mouth closed.

Evolving78

ok! I couldn't grasp what was going on! I'm like how is this a wig/sew-in? I'm amazed! This just looks so natural! This seems like a great protective style!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
ok! I couldn't grasp what was going on! I'm like how is this a wig/sew-in? I'm amazed! This just looks so natural! This seems like a great protective style!

Thanks girl. Yes the first set of pics b4 this was the wig sewn on with perimeter left out but it didn't fit right to me so I took the wig apart and just sewed the wefts as a sew in with perimeter left out. It is an amazing PS and I'll probably wash it in a few weeks a wear it curly. I love this hair and the style and am rethinking having the microlink done. It'll still be with the wefts but we shall see.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

faithVA

I want to wash my hair but I don't :nono: Or I would the enjoyment of freshly done hair without the work :yep: One day I will have a length where I can just wash and pin it up. One day :ohwell:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I need to look up micro link sew in :lol: I know nothing about sew ins :nono:

If it weren't my sister in law doing it I dk if I could trust someone else lol. It's pretty neat though and gives me fullness I yern for and a little bit of length for it to still look natural.

faithVA

If it weren't my sister in law doing it I dk if I could trust someone else lol. It's pretty neat though and gives me fullness I yern for and a little bit of length for it to still look natural.

It does look natural which is why I can't understand what you are talking about :lol: It just looks like your hair to me.

I need a sister in law, a friend or somebody to do my hair. Where's that pout emoticon when you need it.

Evolving78

Had another great wash day! Hair air dried nicely! After I washed, I tee shirt dried for almost an hour? My hair was 60% dry, but was soft! I applied my leave in and serum/oil. Bomb.com! Detangling was a breeze! I wore my wig yesterday. It's cold, so I will just bun, put my satin wig cap on and my hat. I gotta get a nice hat with a silk lining. I will be washing my hair Monday again.

I used ORS replenishing conditioner for protein after I pre poo'ed. I shampooed my hair and dc'ed with a plastic cap for two hours. Rinsed and my hair felt amazing.