PRODUCT RAVE - Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner

preciousjewel76

Hi ladies,

I've been pretty good about NOT purchasing products lately, but I bought this conditioner last week with a purpose in mind. I'm going to attempt to do my own braids soon, and I wanted to make my own braid spray. I had compared various sprays, and decided to find a conditioner with lots of herbal extracts to use as the base for my own spray mix. I decided on Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner. I noticed in some old threads that it got good reviews from both natural and relaxed ladies.

Last night, I decided to "test" it out on my un-braided hair to make sure my hair liked it. I slathered the conditioner on my dry hair, put on a plastic cap, tied a bandana over it, and did a Turbo Jam workout:) . After about 40 minutes or so, I hit the shower and began rinsing it out. I could tell right away that my hair was very soft and moisturized:grin: . Detangling was a breeze; I mean, the shower comb glided through my hair like it was nothing!:eek: Keep in mind that I'm 6 weeks post, with almost an inch of new growth. This is about the time I'd normally break out the Dominican rinses to help me detangle, but they weren't necessary.

I definitely give this conditioner 2 thumbs up.:thumbsup: It smells herbally (but I like it), it provides great slip without cones or oil, and it's readily available - my local Kroger sells it. I think I paid $5.99 for it. It does contain parabens, though, so it's not totally "all natural". Ingredients are posted below.

Enjoy! I know my hair did!:D

Ingredients
Water, Quaternium-87, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera (Yucca) Extract, Nymphaea Odorata (White Pond Lily) Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract, Quercus Alba (Oak) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Caramel.

Angelicus

Hey, I have also heard that this conditioner is awesome. But they've changed the bottle since I've last seen it. I wonder if that means they changed the formula too....

adw425

I bought Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Cleansing shampoo Monday because I have become fascinated with nettle in the last couple of weeks and this has nettle way up in the ingredient list. My nettle shampoo bar will not be ready to use for a few weeks and I wanted a shampoo with nettle in it. I only buy shampoo once every four months because I am just not into shampoo like I am conditioners and oils, but I went on a hunt for a shampoo with nettle Monday and I only had to go as far as the Krogers. My scalp has been a bit gunky from my topical solution and sweating so much when I work out so I put in an applicator bottle and used Monday and last night and this shampoo is just wonderful. It is very gentle and leaves hair very soft, detangled and just feeling good and clean, but not stripped and my scalp very clean, but not feeling dried out. I will certainly try the conditioner when I use up some of what I have at home. I can't wait to try it because the shampoo is just amazing.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Ultica Dioca (Nettle) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Achilea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidiny Urea, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

preciousjewel76

Cool! I'm so happy that Kroger is carrying natural/organic brands now. They have some Jason's products too, but not a wide selection.

What are the benefits of nettle, BTW? You've piqued my curiosity!:)

preciousjewel76

anky said:
Hey, I have also heard that this conditioner is awesome. But they've changed the bottle since I've last seen it. I wonder if that means they changed the formula too....

Anky, I noticed two different versions of the condish on Amazon.com. The one I reviewed must be the "newer" formula. Here's the older one (sorry about the weird sizing in the pic):

Ingredients
Water Extracts of Chamomile, Nettles, Ho-lien-hua, Nelumbo Nucifera, Comfrey Root, Cherry Bark, Schleichera Trijuga, Kusambi Bark, Burdock and Yucca, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Coconut Oil, Methylparaben, Oil of Myrrh, Oil of Lavender.
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00016X9Z6.01-A1FNAQ87ZUX2E1._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45737557_SS500_.jpg

adw425

PreciousJewel76: Here is some information, but I became interested in nettle because of the Body Shop Nettle Balancing shampoo and conditioner which states that nettle acts as a balancing tonic on the hair; is astringent, without stripping the hair of its natural oils as this only encourages the scalp to secrete more sebum.

My hair and scalp have felt a bit oily lately (the opposite of what it used to be, which is perpetually dry) so I ordered a nettle shampoo bar and did not notice the tagline that said Ready to Use May 14th...So I brewed some nettle, sage and rosemary tea Sunday and put in an applicator bottle and put on my scalp, then poured the rest over my hair as a final rinse and sat back in the bathtub and it left my hair and scalp feeling whistle clean, invigorated, but not dried out or stripped.

Nettle Root Extract, which has been shown to inhibit the activity of type II 5-alpha reductase (the enzyme responsible for the creation of DHT). DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is main cause of Androgenetic alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness). Once DHT levels in the scalp are decreased, new hair growth can resume. It is also rich in vitamins A and C, and a wide range of minerals including Iodine, Silicon, and Sulfur, all especially good for the hair. It is a profound source for mucilage and amino acids that the hair follicle requires for proper growth. It's stimulating qualities also help increase the circulation to the scalp.

The Nature's Gate conditioner will be sooooo hard to resist buying!

LynnieB

I'm luvin nature's gate too (aubreys will always be #1 :grin: and 3rd place goes to vo5 moisture milks). the poos that i've tried are the bomb also (jojoba and aloe).

the conditioner i just tried last week (jojoba) smells just like baby lotion and works soooooo good. i use it as a leave-in too (mix 1/3 condish to 2/3 water).

haven't tried the herbal yet - i'm kindof curious about the entire line now.

my biglots was all out of the herbal (boo!) but i bought the last three jojobas on the shelf. :D

preciousjewel76

LynnieB said:
I'm luvin nature's gate too (aubreys will always be #1 :grin: and 3rd place goes to vo5 moisture milks). the poos that i've tried are the bomb also (jojoba and aloe).

the conditioner i just tried last week (jojoba) smells just like baby lotion and works soooooo good. i use it as a leave-in too (mix 1/3 condish to 2/3 water).

haven't tried the herbal yet - i'm kindof curious about the entire line now.

my biglots was all out of the herbal (boo!) but i bought the last three jojobas on the shelf. :D

They sell it at Big Lots? I'm so checking that out after work! I hope they have some at the one up the street from me.:D

I may check out that Jojoba condish as well, thanks!

equestrian

Hi ladies,

I've been pretty good about NOT purchasing products lately, but I bought this conditioner last week with a purpose in mind. I'm going to attempt to do my own braids soon, and I wanted to make my own braid spray. I had compared various sprays, and decided to find a conditioner with lots of herbal extracts to use as the base for my own spray mix. I decided on Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner. I noticed in some old threads that it got good reviews from both natural and relaxed ladies.

Last night, I decided to "test" it out on my un-braided hair to make sure my hair liked it. I slathered the conditioner on my dry hair, put on a plastic cap, tied a bandana over it, and did a Turbo Jam workout:) . After about 40 minutes or so, I hit the shower and began rinsing it out. I could tell right away that my hair was very soft and moisturized:grin: . Detangling was a breeze; I mean, the shower comb glided through my hair like it was nothing!:eek: Keep in mind that I'm 6 weeks post, with almost an inch of new growth. This is about the time I'd normally break out the Dominican rinses to help me detangle, but they weren't necessary.

I definitely give this conditioner 2 thumbs up.:thumbsup: It smells herbally (but I like it), it provides great slip without cones or oil, and it's readily available - my local Kroger sells it. I think I paid $5.99 for it. It does contain parabens, though, so it's not totally "all natural". Ingredients are posted below.

Enjoy! I know my hair did!:D

Ingredients
Water, Quaternium-87, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera (Yucca) Extract, Nymphaea Odorata (White Pond Lily) Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract, Quercus Alba (Oak) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance, Caramel.

And the best part is it comes in gallon sizes :yep:

Shun34

I also recently bought this conditioner. I like it too. I'm wearing a wig for the time being to give my natural hair a break. I use the conditioner to detangle my hair while it is dry. I use a little evoo too. I shampoo after and follow up with a deep treatment or just simply rinse. At apl, my hair can be a chore to detangle, but the conditioner makes it easy. The aloe vera version is good too, but it foams for some reason.

Last edited: