What do you think of this shampoo?

Neith

Emu Gold Shampoo & Conditioner

It's supposed to be a conditioning shampoo.

Ingredients: Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate, Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cellulose Gum, Glycerine, Grade A Certified Emu Oil, Soap Bark Extract, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Whole Wheat Protein, Wheat Grass Extract, Lecithin, Chamomile Extract, Yucca Root Extract, Avocado Oil, Barley Grass Extract, Thymus, Burdock Root Extract, Folic Acid, Grapefruit Extract, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate

It confuses me. Do you see a cleansing agent in the formula?

It looks almost perfect to me otherwise, lol.

Neith

I'm pretty sure decyl glucoside is a surfactant of some sort.

Oh, you're right.

How potent is it? Is it as powerful as sls? Medium like sodium myreth sulfate? Or really gentle like coco betaine?

AsTheCurlzTurns

I'm pretty sure decyl glucoside is a surfactant of some sort.
I have to agree with msa on this one, as this ingredient is even listed in some sample bottles of baby shampoo that I have laying around. Maybe this is just a mild form of some type of sulfate but just more gentle to the hair? Just my guess since babies scalps need a milder and gentler form of cleansing. Otherwise I honestly don't know.

But the rest of the ingredients, especially the natural ones, sounds de:lick:cious!!

gorgeoushair

Decyl glucoside is a mild non-ionic surfactant used in cosmetic formularies including baby shampoo and in products for individuals with a sensitive skin. Many natural personal care companies use this cleanser because it is plant-derived, biodegradable, and gentle for all hair types.

Decyl glucoside is produced by the reaction of glucose from corn starch with the fatty alcohol decanol which is derived from coconut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decyl_glucoside

Thanks Neith for posting this:) This looks really good:)