Homemade conditioners for Naturals

Niapb

Hi everyone!
So I've taken the challenge of DCing every week but I could never find a deep conditioner that makes my hair soft and moisturizing so I decided to go au natural. Tonight I'm making a conditioner of banana, avocado, olive oil and honey. The banana and olive oil for softness, avocado for moisture and honey for shine and manageability. Does anyone else use homemade conditioner? If so, post your recipe and tell me how it works for your hair! Happy growing :)

BostonMaria

Hi everyone!
So I've taken the challenge of DCing every week but I could never find a deep conditioner that makes my hair soft and moisturizing so I decided to go au natural. Tonight I'm making a conditioner of banana, avocado, olive oil and honey. The banana and olive oil for softness, avocado for moisture and honey for shine and manageability. Does anyone else use homemade conditioner? If so, post your recipe and tell me how it works for your hair! Happy growing :)

I haven't made conditioner in a few months, but I bought a conditioner base and I add avocado oil, coconut oil, castor oil, silk amino acids to give it slip, guar gum to make the conditioner thicken up, and some coconut oil fragrance. I usually make about 60 oz and it lasts me 2 months. I should probably make some soon. I haven't made any since last summer.

Vashti

I made my own a lot last summer. I used coconut milk, mayo for protein, olive oil and honey and xanthan gum (1/4 teaspoon). I would mix this up, put it in a special jar and leave it in the fridge for a couple of days and when the weekend came around it was thickened up and ready to use. Worked great and I'll be doing this again this spring and summer.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I haven't made conditioner in a few months, but I bought a conditioner base and I add avocado oil, coconut oil, castor oil, silk amino acids to give it slip, guar gum to make the conditioner thicken up, and some coconut oil fragrance. I usually make about 60 oz and it lasts me 2 months. I should probably make some soon. I haven't made any since last summer.

BM, where do you get the conditioner base from?

SimplyBlessed

I keep it simple...from time to time I dc with coconut oil...usually on dry hair...

Mayo evoo honey n eggs is a good one..

Cheapie egg and avocado is great

There's many more

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

lwilliams1922

I use a mix I read about here a month ago....

aloe, sunflower oil & coconut oil

I use it as a deep pre treatment on dry hair.

Niapb

I keep it simple...from time to time I dc with coconut oil...usually on dry hair...

Mayo evoo honey n eggs is a good one..

Cheapie egg and avocado is great

There's many more

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

You're a natural!?!?!?! I'm so jealous, you have my dream hair!

Niapb

So when I was in my kitchen making the conditioner I changed it up a bit.
I used:
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of my Mega Growth Deep Strengthening Growth Conditioner
Half a ripe avocado
A banana
and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.

I'm putting it in my hair now, I'm hoping for less breakages and a lot of moisture. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sequoia

When I can be bothered (which is rare these days) I mix up coconut cream, olive oil and a few spoons of honey and voila, I have a homemade DC. It was quite moisturizing on my transitioning hair, haven't tried it as a natural.