Relaxed Hair Thread

Yeah, I’ll be sleeping pretty for awhile, at least the first few days after washing and styling my hair, then I will wear my silk turban, or a pretty scarf until wash day. This is to keep me from applying heat constantly. I also have a lot of pretty clips and will add more to the stash and add more headbands.

Last edited:
I have been buying lots of pretty hair accessories lately. It just adds another dimension to your hair especially if I’m bunning a lot.

These are what I’ve bought recently. With the bow I will take my hair to the side, do a fishtail braid and add the bow to the bottom. I get a few compliments on this style.

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    731.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    915.4 KB · Views: 20
Yeah I have been heavily bunning for the last six months or so. I can't even remember the last time I wore my hair down.

However contrary to that, I have some events to go in the next few weeks and I decided to buy some clip ins. This is not typically me I don't wear braids or weaves really (more so because I'm crap at that sort of thing) but I think I'll be able to manage clip ins. They aren't that long either as I wouldn't be comfortable with anything too long.

Just fancied a bit of a change! And it'll be nice to have as an option if I need to go out anywhere special without much notice.

Oh and I bought the clip ins from a black owned company. I'm really tired of giving my money for hair products other than to black folks.

Last edited:
Used Wild Growth oil to give myself a scalp massage, used a spray formulated to remove and break up oil and buildup, used Olapex 3, and rinsed.
Shampoo with DE honey crème, used aphogee 2 min, rinsed, Dc’ed with DE masque, and now I’m about to shower, mold my hair, sit under the dryer, blow dry to straighten with CHI leave-in and detangle spray with Keracare and bio silk serum. Flat iron style and rock this until wash day again.

Yeah I have been heavily bunning for the last six months or so. I can't even remember the last time I wore my hair down.

However contrary to that, I have some events to go in the next few weeks and I decided to buy some clip ins. This is not typically me I don't wear braids or weaves really (more so because I'm crap at that sort of thing) but I think I'll be able to manage clip ins. They aren't that long either as I wouldn't be comfortable with anything too long.

Just fancied a bit of a change! And it'll be nice to have as an option if I need to go out anywhere special without much notice.

Oh and I bought the clip ins from a black owned company. I'm really tired of giving my money for hair products other than to black folks.

Ooohh, did you play with color too?!! Clip ins sound like such a good way to try something fun!

Used Wild Growth oil to give myself a scalp massage, used a spray formulated to remove and break up oil and buildup, used Olapex 3, and rinsed.
Shampoo with DE honey crème, used aphogee 2 min, rinsed, Dc’ed with DE masque, and now I’m about to shower, mold my hair, sit under the dryer, blow dry to straighten with CHI leave-in and detangle spray with Keracare and bio silk serum. Flat iron style and rock this until wash day again.

Look at you giving yourself the full salon treatment! :love:

I've been on collagen powder almost every day since January. I started for inflammation (and now have my grandmother hooked). The biggest difference I've noticed is faster growing nails, but I'm not sure about my hair yet.

In the process of changing shampoos - going over to Bumble & Bumble because of Olaplex, and thinking of new conditioners.

I used the Ouai Gloss treatment yesterday, I really like the shine it gives. Hair feels very smooth. I’ll try to add a pic.

Wowza! @LushLox your hair is gorgeous and so shiny! I love it!

I think I used a gloss treatment way back when I first joined the board. You make me want to try one again. Especially for my next headshot - company has us take a new one every year.

Thank you ladies, I’m back home so my hair is back in its bun/silk bonnet again. Working from home the last few years has really helped my hair.

The Ouai gloss was nice but the only problem with it, was that it smells so so strong. I mean I don’t mind fragrances in hair products but they went overboard with that one thankfully it dissipated once my hair had dried.

@sunnieb I’ve always wondered about corporate photos. We encourage staff to have their pictures on their email accounts and our HR system, but not everyone wants to – and I understand that. How does it work for you, are the pictures for your website/intranet? What if staff don’t want to do it?

@LushLox it's not a requirement, BUT it's strongly encouraged. :look:

We have a big conference every year and they bring in photographers just for headshots. I use my photo for my company email and LinkedIn. However, I travel and speak a lot for my job. My face has been on the company website and used in brochures for events. I'm one of those who really don't like my picture being taken, but I had to get over it and make that money honey! :lachen: There are very few employees who don't have a photo on their email at least.

@MzSwift "baby doll hair" :giggle:

@IDareT'sHair thank you for tagging me!

Hi Ladies,

It’s definitely been a long time since I’ve been on this board. Since then I’ve been natural for a decade and I want to go back to being relaxed and for me a simpler time.

Now that we have bond builders (and I’m a little less broke tbh) and new product technologies out there, are any relaxed ladies using that as part of your routine?
Anyone use Olaplex no.1 in their relaxer mix?
Or olaplex no.2 mixed with some protein conditioner as a mid protein step before neutralizing?
Or the K18 mask ?
There’s also the k18 repair mist that K18 says to spray on hair at least 4 minutes before applying relaxer

Would love to know what others are doing to maintain hair health while relaxed/ texlaxed and your relaxed day routine.

I was a little busy yesterday and couldn't properly comment but OMGEEEEE at @LushLox blessing us with a TEASING photo of her baby doll hair!! :love: :love:

Sis, that shine ain't from that gloss! I bet your baby doll hair was shiny before you even put it on there. :cool: You take good care of your hair and it shows.

Thanks doll. :kiss: I am a bit fortunate, in that I get a good amount of shine just from doing the basic wash and condition. But that is only due to years and years of regular maintenance.

@ScorpioLove

Unfortunately I can't really help with these as I don't typically use Olaplex or K18 during my relaxer process. Not sure why, I just haven't as yet (probably fear lol). But I do use both independently of my relaxer day and both work great.

I'd be interested to know too.

Last edited:
@LushLox it's not a requirement, BUT it's strongly encouraged. :look:

We have a big conference every year and they bring in photographers just for headshots. I use my photo for my company email and LinkedIn. However, I travel and speak a lot for my job. My face has been on the company website and used in brochures for events. I'm one of those who really don't like my picture being taken, but I had to get over it and make that money honey! :lachen: There are very few employees who don't have a photo on their email at least.

@MzSwift "baby doll hair" :giggle:

Same, I'm not a fan of putting my pics out there externally but I do have pictures on my work email/HR and LinkedIn so I guess I'm not that averse to it.

Yep you'd better MAKE that money. :yep:

My scalp has been irritated and itchy. Any tips, tricks, recommendations? I already clarify regularly, there’s no flakes or dandruff. All of my hairstyles have no tension. Just seemingly out of the blue, my scalp just feels inflamed.

Last edited:
Back