Yes It's About Hair Type... (another one of those threads...)

preciouslove0x

I'm interested to know if it's possible to have 3b and 4b curls/coils on the same head. I'm not talking about 3b curls and then some fuzz that is being called 4b. I'm talking about defined 3b curls and defined 4b coils. Has anyone seen it? Just curious. The biggest difference on my head is 1 inch diameter of 4a and the rest 4b lol :lachen:

I think I have a tiny patch that is 3b right at the hook of my head. It hangs looser and doesn't coil around as much as the 3c. No one notices really so I don't think it matters but I also have 4a and 4b at my nape and near my ears

Hmm I think my big sister has hair like you mean I will try to talk her into giving me a pic. Her hair has different size curls, all smooth but her nape has small curls like mine (but much smoother) and a few near her part and sides the rest are bigger and more like my grandmothers. Its weird because I have a lot of gray hair in my small curls and she has some too but only where she has small curls. But it coould also be just like a heat damage or sun damage thing too.

When I wear a wash and go it's most noticeable. My bang and top has looser curls than other areas. You can see it in my siggy kinda but i'm not sure what the hair type is exactly. I know there's a lot of naturals that have noticeable hair types and the rest blend it real well. Different hair types on a single head is normal imo.

My son is biracial and has a gazillion textures which is hillarious because both of my daughter hair is all on texture. Here's him as a baby with his straight hair surrounding his 4b "tuft"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=6745423&postcount=1

Seems so long ago:cry4:

It's evened out more now but he still had very distinct areas of curls, oils, and zigzag fro hair. Tried to take a pic just now but he won't stay till:ohwell:

^^OMG :lachen: my favorite post of all time is that pic of your baby with his random textures. I laughed so hard and thought it was the cutest story/photo I'd ever seen. Thanks so much for posting again. Love love love!

How's his hair now?

^^OMG :lachen: my favorite post of all time is that pic of your baby with his random textures. I laughed so hard and thought it was the cutest story/photo I'd ever seen. Thanks so much for posting again. Love love love!

How's his hair now?

:lol: I keep it cut short now to prevent him from becoming a male diva (Might be hard for him to find a wife if she walks into his apartment and finds pre poo and DC supplies along with protein treatments and a steamer:rofl:) but it's a lot more balanced now. his straight and wavy hairs turned into curls/coils and his 4B patch is more coiling but still thick and frizzy. It's so funny because it's sooo drastic from Kayla's (his hair grows up nd out her's grows down) It'll be interesting to see how the genetic game plays out with number 4. DH tramples all over my genes though so we'll see:lol:

Back