Yeah So I just seen my hair melt off my scalp and go down the drain

leona2025

Yeah I been really really really abusing those two streaks of color in the front. First I used hi rez ruby quake on it the color didn't take anywhere, but the roots. Two weeks later I relaxed and the relaxer left me under processed.

About 2 or 3 weeks after that I double bleached it and put a rinse on it to get the pop of color I wanted. Then 2 weeks after that I put a red permanent color on it and then the color washed out from cowashing so I did the red permanent color again approximately two weeks after. Through it all this hair has been a real champ. I didn't get any breakage. No dryness nothing. Just pretty color, but I just could not be satisfied. And the time maybe off I assume I waited 2 weeks between, lol.

I relaxed today. I forgot all about the fact that I just colored this hair last week. Well that was the last straw for her. Sadly I saw all the red colored hair just slide down the drain. I can't tell how bad it is yet because the hair is still wet. I don't have any bald spots so I think just the ends broke off.

Plus the hair doesn't look thin. I guess it's time for bangs or layers in the front. Maybe I'm in shock, but I'm not particularly sad about this. Plus it was only a small area. The rest of my hair is still happy, lol. Oh well I guess I know how far to take her. She loves color, lol.

:spank:Bad girl:spank:Bad, Bad, Bad, girl.....

I would be bald if I did all that to my natural hair.....Are you bored or just depressed? I keep my hands away from my head if I'm in either state.

But, it's your hair.....

WOW!!!!! Your hair must be made of steel to have endured all that. :perplexed:

Sorry about the breakage :nono: but with hair like yours, a little TLC should get you back on track in no time.

I wish I had hair that strong, if I even thought about doing that stuff my hair would protest and "melt" off my scalp.

Last edited:
OP that is terrifying but on the bright side at least most of your hair isn't damaged. Baby your hair and if it is too terribly uneven I would say layer it up and no more color!!!

Dang girl......okay I can't talk. When I first went natural back in 2002, I bleached my hair 6 times within a 24 hour period to get it super duper platinum and my hair stayed entact.

BTW you coming to the Houston meetup??

Yikes Leona!!!! Well, I'm glad that it's just a small area! Your hair will definitely grow back in NO time!!! Please baby it from now on!

Lol Yes I have been a member for a long time, yes I did know better, and yes I was bored. I will take pictures to show y'all later. It's drying up nicely and I don't really see where the hair fell out. I'm going to have to go through it with a fine tooth comb. I have a lot of hair. And the red hair will not be missed. To be honest I was getting tired of putting weekly rinses on it to maintain the faded color. I remember now why I left the red color behind.

Dang girl......okay I can't talk. When I first went natural back in 2002, I bleached my hair 6 times within a 24 hour period to get it super duper platinum and my hair stayed entact.

BTW you coming to the Houston meetup??

When is it? I would love to go.

Yikes Leona!!!! Well, I'm glad that it's just a small area! Your hair will definitely grow back in NO time!!! Please baby it from now on!

Girl at least I know what I can get away with lol.The front of my hair grows way faster than the back which is why I am comfortable abusing it, lol. I do have one issue. The hair is now a ugly yellow color. :look: Well we'll see how it goes.

Leona! No! I am so sorry! But you are a pro at this girl, your hair is gonna grow back in six months, lol. I love you and you are gonna get through this very quickly.

you sound like me! i do all kinds of retarded stuff to my hair. that is my main goal for the year, to not do crazy, stupid stuff to my hair.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after relaxer/corrective...double process - perm. color

Wooops!

your hair was a champ.

After I read your title I saw your avatar with all that hair and I was ready to :cry:. Gurl why you do that????!!!! :mad:

There was a member waaaay back named Tracy that was the color queen. She would do things like color, wait, color correct, etc but the one thing that stuck out to me when you are double processed is she said you gotta "protein up".

I hope it's not noticeably bad and you can baby that area back.

I'm still :mad: at you though! :lol:

Sorry this happened to you, but you did push it to the limit. It could have been worse though, at least it was a small area. Hopefully it'll grow back quickly.

The shortest part of it is about 5inches. It looks like I have layers in the front already. I'm not too upset. now if this area was bald I would be crying my eyes out. You live u learn. Lol.

When is it? I would love to go.

We are trying to have it on the 29th of January. Everyone is voting between Auntie Changs or PF Changs you can vote by pressing thanks for the one you want to go to.

Post 109, 110 111 and 117. we are also trying to come up with a H-Town T-
Shirt.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/lo...06977-houston-ladies-lets-get-together-3.html

I like @ ms_b_haven06 design hers is much more simpler and chic than mine. I have a thing for psychedelic colors :lol:

You colored your hair yourself right?? Have you ever used red base shampoo to maintain your red color?? You know how reds are quick to fade.

My uber bleached hair from when I was green and bright blue the year befor last has been snapping off slowly or spliting so bad I've had to trim it so ther isn't much of it left on my head, I saw some spots, when I was straightening yesterday, that only had an inch or two left of bleach damage. I'm sure if I had continued processing my hair it wouldn't have struggled to stay on for so long.

At least it wasn't your whole head ^_^

I suggest you cut your hair in a really funky style so you won't be bored and leave it alone. It'll even up your strands, you'll get compliments if it's a good cut, and you might not feel as experimental anymore. Yeah your hair is strong but you just went overboard and abused it to such a harsh extent that it couldn't hold on anymore. It's not your hair that loves colour, it's you — your hair just loves you so much that it held on for as long as it could. Reward your hair by giving it a break and some TLC for being such a champ throughout that ordeal.

After I read your title I saw your avatar with all that hair and I was ready to :cry:. Gurl why you do that????!!!! :mad:

There was a member waaaay back named Tracy that was the color queen. She would do things like color, wait, color correct, etc but the one thing that stuck out to me when you are double processed is she said you gotta "protein up".

I hope it's not noticeably bad and you can baby that area back.

I'm still :mad: at you though! :lol:

I remember Tracy!!! She had the most beautiful hair color!! And she did color a lot. I wonder what happened to her?

I remember Tracy!!! She had the most beautiful hair color!! And she did color a lot. I wonder what happened to her?

You remember her too? :lol: She was a beast when it came to color. I would stare at her fotki pics all the time. Had the best color on the board. :yep: I don't remember if she ever talked about breakage though. I wonder what happened to her too.

Didn't you make a post about this and everybody told you that you shouldn't do it?

No. I didn't post about relaxing. The only reason I have damage right now is from relaxing over all that coloring. My hair was fine up until I put the relaxer on it. Like I said she can take a lot of abuse and keep going, but the relaxer was the last straw.

Back