why does more NG = itchy scalp??!

dillard

i've noticed whenever i stretch past 7 weeks my scalp gets very itchy. has that happened to anyone else? i don't think i use different products or do anything differently, so it doesn't really make any sense to me... :ohwell: a friend of mine says she experiences the same thing and that is a "sign" that she needs a relaxer :ohwell:

Soliel185

I have a theory - when the hair is lying down the scalp can more easily breath, but when you NG comes in, it's thick and tends to grow straight out so if kind of suffocates the scalp. If you sweat, your scalp will have a hard time drying out, and when you wash you have to work much harder to scrub all of it b/c of the dense undergrowth.....that's all I could think of. I have the exact same problem when my hair is out, but in braids it's much better -- I think b/c my scalp and breathe more freely.

Jessofpal

I have a theory - when the hair is lying down the scalp can more easily breath, but when you NG comes in, it's thick and tends to grow straight out so if kind of suffocates the scalp. If you sweat, your scalp will have a hard time drying out, and when you wash you have to work much harder to scrub all of it b/c of the dense undergrowth.....that's all I could think of. I have the exact same problem when my hair is out, but in braids it's much better -- I think b/c my scalp and breathe more freely.

I think you may have just figured out why I've been having itchy scalp! Now that you mention it the itching started around 8 weeks post.