Which flat iron gets to the roots the best????

zzirvingj

I'm interested to hear from especially people who have used more than one type of flat iron (maxi, chi, sedu, etc.)....which brand they considered to get to the roots better.

Please list the brands you have used and which you thought got the roots the straightest.

Thanks!

Both the Chi and Solia have been used on my hair. I think both are equally good at getting the roots straight, but I'd still go with the Solia because the smoke the Chi gave off made me a little nervous. I'm surprised the Chi didn't set off smoke detectors.

The Maxiglide and the Solia get the roots pretty good. It helps when I dry my hair in little ponytails to straighten out a bit naturally.

Nita81 said:
The Maxiglide and the Solia get the roots pretty good. It helps when I dry my hair in little ponytails to straighten out a bit naturally.

I read reviews that the maxiglide snags/pulls out hairs. I am natural and concerned about this. Has anyone experienced this problem?

zzirvingj said:
I read reviews that the maxiglide snags/pulls out hairs. I am natural and concerned about this. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Yes that can happen. I brush my hair out with my denman brush first.

since you're natural the maxiglide might be a better choice for your hair. as for your roots my sedu does a great job at that!

zzirvingj said:

Maxiglide is great at getting the roots, I dont have the snag/pulling problem since Ive learned to use this iron correctly!

OT: zzirving, girl thanks for the shout out, i absolutely ADORE your curls and I want YOUR hair, forget the rest lmao!!

I've used several but the CHI is best for me.

Has anyone noticed that CHI also carries an itty bitty one called WEE CHI and a super large one called BIG CHI? I think that is too cute. :p

I cant comment on the type of iron. But, if you use a 1/2 inch iron, that will get close tot he roots.

I agree with using a 1/2 inch iron. I own a 1/2 Jilbere and it's the best, but I recently found out that Sally's discontinued it.

Babygurl said:
Maxiglide is great at getting the roots, I dont have the snag/pulling problem since Ive learned to use this iron correctly!

OT: zzirving, girl thanks for the shout out, i absolutely ADORE your curls and I want YOUR hair, forget the rest lmao!!

I must agree. Once I learned to stop squeezing the Maxiglide and let it do the work on its on, I had no problem with snagging and pulling.

1lboogie said:
Do they always have those good deals? I'm not ready to buy one until next month.

Yeah. The deals basically stay the same month after month (at least on items like those).

I love the Maxiglide. I just purchased this last week, and I just used it today. It is wonderful!!!!

Back