What is gonna be your new year style? What are you doing to your hair today (and tom)

TheseStankyLegs

I have NOOO idea.

I protective style, so I feel lost as to what I should do as far as the style. I know I will do Nexxus Emergencee, wash with Kera Care Hydrating Detangling and DC with Kera Care Humecto adding some coconut oil.

What are you doing?

Re: What is gonna be your new year style? What are you doing to your hair today (and

I'm protecting my hair under a wig. This will be my style most of the year till a get back to a healthy bra-strap length. I like wigs because I can still look cute while hiding my hair.

Re: What is gonna be your new year style? What are you doing to your hair today (and

I have NOOO idea.

I protective style, so I feel lost as to what I should do as far as the style. I know I will do Nexxus Emergencee, wash with DetanglingKera Care Hydrating and DC with Kera Care Humecto adding some coconut oil.

What are you doing?
lol, i just used those two products. I'm attempting to do a saran wrap treatment. I washed my hair and deep conditioned with those products, rollerset it and now i've been under the dryer for an hour and it's still damp. So i set the dryer to a half an hour more. Oh i used ntm leave in and fantasia frizz buster serum to set. After i come from under the dryer i plan to add a dab of keracare conditioning cream headdress, spray some motions sheen and wrap it followed by the saran wrap. I'll get back under the dryer for maybe twenty minutes and we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not blowing out my roots, though.

I meant to use my victoria secret So Sexy combo but i forgot.:perplexed

I am under the dryer with Negro Color Showers..I cant wait to see how it comes out. My hands are completely black..I will use gloves next time.

I am under the dryer with Negro Color Showers..I cant wait to see how it comes out. My hands are completely black..I will use gloves next time.
That's gonna be beautiful.:lick: Make sure you take some pics.

I'm about to leave work now and go home to do my normal Wed wash. I think I want straight hair instead of curls, I will either saran wrap or flat iron the roots after my set.

Lol, Omg girl. Yes u definitely have to use gloves with those dyes. I had to use sea breeze to get the stains off my skin

I'm protecting my hair under a wig. This will be my style most of the year till a get back to a healthy bra-strap length. I like wigs because I can still look cute while hiding my hair.

See, I like the wig style, but I am sooo scared to wear one. Did you read the thread about what happened to one of our posters at the carwash??? :lachen:

lol, i just used those two products. I'm attempting to do a saran wrap treatment. I washed my hair and deep conditioned with those products, rollerset it and now i've been under the dryer for an hour and it's still damp. So i set the dryer to a half an hour more. Oh i used ntm leave in and fantasia frizz buster serum to set. After i come from under the dryer i plan to add a dab of keracare conditioning cream headdress, spray some motions sheen and wrap it followed by the saran wrap. I'll get back under the dryer for maybe twenty minutes and we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely not blowing out my roots, though.

I meant to use my Victoria secret So Sexy combo but i forgot.:perplexed

me and your hair must like the same things. I use the so sexy combo too. Your hair is gorgeous too :yep:

What color are you going for? I wanna see pictures definitely.

I'm not doing anything to my hair today, but I do plan on doing it tomorrow.

I just crossed over to the relaxed side on 12/24, I have yet to try a rollerset. I will do a rollerset with larger rollers and a silk wrap tonight.

Last edited:

I'm not doing anything to it today, but I might wash it tomorrow.

Flexirod set!!! I have the rods in my hair as I type this. I'm trying out a new protective style for 2009

I'm not doing anything to my hair today, but I do plan on doing it tomorrow.

What are you going to do with it? Your hair is beautiful BTW.

I just crossed over to the relaxed side on 12/24, I have yet to try a rollerset. I will do a rollerset with larger rollers and a silk wrap tonight.
OoooOOOoo. Surely, you will post pics.. :yep:

I'm not doing anything to it today, but I might wash it tomorrow.

I am seriously over here procrastinating with my hair.

Flexirod set!!! I have the rods in my hair as I type this. I'm trying out a new protective style for 2009

Pics, please!!!

I'm just waiting for this to finish airdrying (I'm not going anywhere tonight :look:). The finished product will be on my fotki.

Attachments

• 100_1584.jpg
    100_1584.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8

Me too!! :up:

See, I like the wig style, but I am sooo scared to wear one. Did you read the thread about what happened to one of our posters at the carwash??? :lachen:

Ummm no :blush:....link please?

My new style is two-strand twist:)

I think I may be bringing in the new year with a bun! lol I just got finished co-washing with V05 and I'm currently DC'ing under the dryer with GVP (Nexxus Humectress). This is my first GVP purchase! I wanted to try a braid out, but I wasn't sure about how I would look with damp plaits in my head at midnight. :) I'm going to slick it back into a bun and make up my face so that I will look nice tonight (although I'm staying in!).

Right now I'm under the dryer with a rollerset. I waited to the last minute to decide that I'm going to a New Year's party tonight.

Bantu knot out. I actually did it last night because we had a mini meet-up today and I wanted my hair to be cute for the ladies.

Not tomorrow but on the 7th, I'm trying bangs. Not a big deal, I know but it's still kinda exciting, lol.

I have no idea! I'm going to do another Ayurvedic cowash/DC tonight. I might sport my afro puff phony pony for a few weeks.

DH and I are staying in tonight, but tomorrow we are going out to dinner.... sans children! :blush: The last time that happened was over 2 YEARS ago. :look:

Anyhoo, today I washed and followed my usual routine... slathering on Kenra Color Maintanance condish this time instead of Kenra MC. Put in about 10 cornrows, tied up with a black satin cloth. Then I put on my nylon wig cap over the satin, and slid my London Girl wig on! I :love3: :love4: this wig!

I've tried so many different protective styles, and I tried to love weaves, but they just ain't getting it... too itchy. So I'm back to my beloved wigs. I can't wait for my shipment from Hairsisters to get here with my 4 new wigs.

Last edited:

Finished Product. I actually like it. I'm going to try other low mani styles besides buns. I think this is a winner! :grin:

100_1813-1.jpg

Last edited:

What are you going to do with it? Your hair is beautiful BTW.

Thanks.

Well, I'm going to shampoo it (REALLY good) because my hair was last shampooed on December 18 (two whole weeks ago). Then I'm going to deep condition it. I'll probably do a ponytail roller set. I have a hair appointment on Saturday, so I don't plan on flat ironing it today.

tonight im going to pre poo for 15 minutes with vatika oil, shampoo with wen sweet almond mint, and deep condition with joico hydrator. then on wet hair im going to do my first braid out on wet hair. if it turns out good then i will be alternating between rollerseting and braid outs until the summer.

Back