What if garlic doesn't work for shedding?? Then what?

ttlayli

I shed like crazy constantly; I mean, I can run my hand over my ponytail and STRANDS just slide out. :nono:

Last month I purchased GNC'S Best (Natural Brand) Odorless Super Garlic. It has 1000mg of Garlic and 10,000 mcg of Allicin, which I heard is supp to be good. Um, I'm still shedding. I don't know what it could be. And yes, i know that shedding is natural, but just a simple tug, or rub on my hair shouldn't bring 10 strands out. :wallbash: Should I try another brand?? And I take the garlic at night with my other pills.

Have you tried crushed garlic or powdered garlic mixed with an oil (EVOO) directly over your hair. It should be in "pre-poo" fashion. I did that and it cut my shedding down a lot.

I'd say doctor/dermatologist.

I've never experienced really bad shedding like that, especially over long periods of time. I would assume that it's because something is wrong and I'd at least get myself checked out.

I'd say doctor/dermatologist.

I've never experienced really bad shedding like that, especially over long periods of time. I would assume that it's because something is wrong and I'd at least get myself checked out.

You know what's funny; I'm actually texlaxed...I don't do them often though at all, and when I gave myself an ORS texlax on my roots....which was this past June, my hair shopped shedding for a cool minute....does this mean I need to texlax again....i only wanted to do it, maybe once a yr.

Also, garlic sups will take a while to work. You've only used them a month, give it time. In the mean time get a shampoo with garlic or make you own home made.
It will work, just be patient.

You know what's funny; I'm actually texlaxed...I don't do them often though at all, and when I gave myself an ORS texlax on my roots....which was this past June, my hair shopped shedding for a cool minute....does this mean I need to texlax again....i only wanted to do it, maybe once a yr.

Hey.. I'm a heavy shedder too.. I say TEXLAX! The amount of hair that you will lose is not worth it..!!! The garlic mixed with relaxing cut the shedding in 1/2... I mean in September I was having like a wide tooth comb full of hair in the shower while on the garlic before I got a touch up. 10/18 touched up. Now prolly about 20-30 strands. I think a 4 month stretch for me is long enough... listen to the hair.

My last touchup was in June also (are we on the same schedule? lol) and my hair is doing fine.

I dunno... I think that needing a touchup gives breakage because of where the relaxed and natural hair meet, not shedding from the root.

In fact, if you are shedding so bad, I don't think you should put relaxer on it, it may make it worse :(

Yep my postpartum shedding I think has calmed a little bit, and I am taking a supplement with over 6,000 allcin in it... Im just taking it day by day... Dont know if the supp is helping or not. My stylist did say that if you stretch longer than your hair can take, it will start to shed....I am relaxing this week at 12 weeks...

Back