What Hair Trends actually worked for you?

Tara

Not including vitamins though.

These are the ones I remember:

Glover's Mane
Remember the Glover's Mane thing? I remember there were a ton of posts, people saw lots of growth, then all the excitment died down? Anyone still doing Glover's with good results?

Bonner Brothers Super Gro Hair Grease

I think that was more at Naturally Curly actually, and not here. But this grease actually has some sort of hormone listed on the jar, and people claimed to get growth spurts from it. And like most hair trends then the hype died. If anyone is still doing this, is it still working?

Proven Oil Blend to Grow Hair

This was posted a while back ago, I think there was one person who actually got results, the rest were supposed to update. Well did it work?

Mega Tek
This was a product for horses, and it was supposed to actually grow hair. I think there were some people who used it on this board with great success, and again, lots of great reviews, then the trend just dissapered. Anyone still using it?

I'm curious about the above and if anyone is closer to their goal because of CONSISTANT use of the products. Like I said, I remember there being a lot of excitment and testimonials around the above products, and I think there was even a "Glover's club" then it died down. Why? Did it not work?

I think what got me to thinking about this is the Surge is the new one. And yes, I too am desperate for a growth spurt but I'd hate to see this be just another "trend" and then we stop updating. I'd like to know not only the "good" testimonials on something, but also the people who are like "hey I tried it for a month and it didn't work for me". Cuz it seems like excitement brews around something then dies, and I figure if it works wonderfully why isn't anyone still talking about it?

Tara

Bored at work, lol!

Tara,

I was actually a part of the Glovers club. I used it pretty consistently, however what caused me to stop was after a trip to my then hairstylist who told me that the Glovers was "stripping" my hair. I had accumulated a lot of growth from the glovers, but when she did a major chop on my hair, I grew nervous about the continued use of glovers.

Based upon your post, it seems you have been a member of a few of these hair clubs for quite a time. Just like me. Just like you, I have noticed all of the trends that come and go. I think these trends happen because we are still trying to find the right products that work for us. And of course getting mega growth is a perk as well.
smile.gif

Candycane

You should not have told me about B&B hair grease because when I used to use it my hair was long pretty and thick (middle school and part of high school). I am still using the Glover's but only once a week, I am trying to not torture my roomate.

Glover's wasn't a ternd for me or anything but my mama used it on my head sometimes when I was younger and I still use it sometimes. I had an allergic reaction to weave and it helped my hair to stop falling out in a matter of days. I won't use it all the time because I just don't know where I can appropriately go smelling like that and I don't know if it grown hair either but if I have suffered scalp damage it has always put me back on track.

I used glovers the hair grease for 2 months straight only at my hairline, in the mornin and night. I came to the realization that my hair was not growing (my hairline is still thin) and that it gave me dandruff.
I know it was the Glovers because my hairline was the only place that was affected, and I got rid of my dandruff problem about 6 months before.

I used half a bottle of Glover's liquid and stopped. I couldn't stand the smell long enough to see any results. I never knew people were using Mega Tek. It's made by Eqyss. The same company that makes my cat's avocado mist detangler that I'm always tempted to spray into my own hair...
sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I used half a bottle of Glover's liquid and stopped. I couldn't stand the smell long enough to see any results. I never knew people were using Mega Tek. It's made by Eqyss. The same company that makes my cat's avocado mist detangler that I'm always tempted to spray into my own hair...
sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sassygirl, I think the avocado mist can be used on human hair. I was tempted to get a bottle of it beofre, but the price held me back.

I've had the Mega Tek and it is some good stuff. I never used it consistently on my scalp or anything, but it does make the hair strong and thick instantly. I walso used to notice that it made my nails really hard after rubbing it in my hair
smile.gif
. I still have some left too
scratchchin.gif

BTW, here's the website. It says fit for man or beast Eqyss

the only one that i've tried on the list is the MegaTek. i REALLY love the stuff! someone from a yahoo group gave it to me. i really want to try some of their other products based on my experience with this one.

to answer your question, the only hair trends that have worked for me in terms of growth progress are keeping my ends well moisturized and leaving my hair alone.
smile.gif

The glover's grease is not what is supposed to be used for hair growth. It's a liquid. I benefitted from the growth, but I want to try new things. I wish that stuff by Eqyss had more feedback. Does the hair grow w/ this? Is it like mtg? Can someone give me answers?

Are we talking in terms of growth? If so, then none. If we're talking other products in general, several!!

The only trend I've found to have any success so far as growth was concerned is the M-T-G. My hair is responding very well to this, better than the Mega-Tek actually.

As far as Mega-Tek goes, I did a search on the board and found very little about it but bought it anyway. It has turned out to be my #1 conditioner now. I've seen very good growth and improved hair condition with this. I've been using since January and posting about since February, before the Shapley's hit the scene. They are two completely different products. The MTG is an OIL, the Mega-Tek is a conditioner. If I had to choose one over the other for long term use (3 months or more), I'd choose the Mega-Tek hands down.

Reasons:
1. Shapley's is oily, I don't like my hair oily all the time so I HAVE to CO wash every few days if I apply often or get heavy handed.

2. Shapley's smells rather funky.

3. Mega-Tek works to condition and make my hair thicker.

4. Mega-Tek Smells really good.

5. Mega-Tek did improve my thinning areas and overall growth (though not as fast as the Shapley's)

6. Mega-Tek can be used on my hands and feet as a moisturizer w/out leaving me oily.

7. My nails love the Mega-Tek.

The Shapley's ain't no joke though, I'm just not down with oiling by scalp so much....:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
LaNecia said:
Are we talking in terms of growth? If so, then none. If we're talking other products in general, several!!

The only trend I've found to have any success so far as growth was concerned is the M-T-G. My hair is responding very well to this, better than the Mega-Tek actually.

As far as Mega-Tek goes, I did a search on the board and found very little about it but bought it anyway. It has turned out to be my #1 conditioner now. I've seen very good growth and improved hair condition with this. I've been using since January and posting about since February, before the Shapley's hit the scene. They are two completely different products. The MTG is an OIL, the Mega-Tek is a conditioner. If I had to choose one over the other for long term use (3 months or more), I'd choose the Mega-Tek hands down.

Reasons:
1. Shapley's is oily, I don't like my hair oily all the time so I HAVE to CO wash every few days if I apply often or get heavy handed.

2. Shapley's smells rather funky.

3. Mega-Tek works to condition and make my hair thicker.

4. Mega-Tek Smells really good.

5. Mega-Tek did improve my thinning areas and overall growth (though not as fast as the Shapley's)

6. Mega-Tek can be used on my hands and feet as a moisturizer w/out leaving me oily.

7. My nails love the Mega-Tek.

The Shapley's ain't no joke though, I'm just not down with oiling by scalp so much....:nono:

Lanecia:wave: I just ordered the mega-tek last night but I wanted to know if you have to wash it out due to the fact that it is a conditioner? How often do you use it on your hair?

Girl, you're everywhere! :lol: Yes I rinse it out but then I reapply a small amount as a leave in (sometimes, I don't always do this, depends on what I'm doing to my hair that day).

Back