What do you consider Waist length?

leejure

Everyone has a different definition of waist length. Would you consider waist length right at the top of your pants (belt area) or is it right below your rib cage?

AND... for those of you who same belt area, then what is "butt length"
confused.gif

For me, waist length is hair that could almost be tucked in your pants. But then, what is butt length?

-lee

Butt length to me when your hair hits you right under the butt.
laugh.gif
Basically so you can sit on it.

To me - waist is right under the rib cage - but for my midgety self that IS where my belt ends up. I have a VERY short torso. Thank God for low rise jeans or I'd look like I could give my belly button a good lick.

I think waist length falls under the rib cage. Butt length is middle of the butt, between tailbone and classic length.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Here's a great website that explains it all! Hair Length

[/ QUOTE ]

Great site! And I like that girls hair, little too long for me though.

I know this might sound a little weird but I consider waist length that if your belly button was on your back, your hair would reach it.

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
I know this might sound a little weird but I consider waist length that if your belly button was on your back, your hair would reach it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what i would say ..and butt well, i think hitting right at the cheeks
grin.gif

I'd always considered waist length touching the top of my pants but I've seen that a lot of people on this website consider it something different! I keep changing my profile goal from waist length to butt length and then back to waist length b/c I am so confused!

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me. As usual, DSD... you always provide great back up info.
smile.gif
Thanks!!!

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me. As usual, DSD... you always provide great back up info.
smile.gif
Thanks!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you!

I consider waist length to be right at the top of your buttocks---or at your waist line; however, I think elbow length hair is close enough for me
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto!

Waist length to me is exactly at the point where your waist starts, directly in tune to my belly button.
Butt Length to me is hair that hits the butt... doesn't have to pass it, just hit it
smile.gif

But then again, with the new low rises, the belt is worn much, much lower
grin.gif

Okay, I'm still a little confused.
confused.gif
From the pictures I would say some are just above the beginning of the pelvic bone (top curve portion). Other pic I would say belly button.

Fashion students, is the waist measurement taken at the level of the belly button? If not were?

From the pictures it looks like waist length is the same as elbow length from hehind. So I guess when my hair reaches my elbows I'll be at waist length.
grin.gif

Back