Whale's Artificial Sperm (im on the fence)

chicago1975

Hi ladies,

I need your help! On my way to purchase the Alter EGO Garlic conditioner, I ran across the whale treatment mask and thought it might be a better choice. they listed the only ingredient in the product as "cetyl palmitate".
when i received it, i noticed in addition to cetyl palimitate(artificial whale sperm), alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben. it claims that its supposed to soften the hair and add shine. has anyone used this product? im really trying to decide whether or not i should return it for a refund. i wish they put the entire ingredients on the website before i purchased.:wallbash:

ROFLOL...girl...that will fertilize your hair with little whale babies...lol...jk...hmmm...I would have to say no that that one...I have issues with some creature's "protein" in my hair...I know there is a lot of people that are into using sperm as a beauty treatment and even as food...but that crosses the line...there are plenty of plant products to be used to give shine, body, and softness...just return it...dude...how would they get whale goodness from the whale and how would you make an artificial version of it...I really do not want to know...

Don't worry, it's just poor Spanish to English translation. It's the oil from the sperm whale (spermaceti oil). Used to be used a lot in the cosmetic industry many years ago, but the cosmetic industry is banned from using the actual oil from the whale. It has similar properties to jojoba oil. Go ahead and use it. It works great.

It's not a jar full of whale's sperm.:yep: This product got a great review on Roundhairbrush.com. Sperm whale is an actual animal. I say keep it and try it out.

I was in the beauty supply store last week and i saw this whale sperm thing and i asked the sales rep what the heck is this he all he had to say was oh its good for the hair so i just kindly put this thing down and walked out

Back