Weird MSM zits wont go away...

AstroQueen77

I took them for about 5 weeks and developed these weird zits..no puss but just raised bumps...and a lot of them, especially on right side of face. Ive been taking Source Naturals opti zinc msm and have stopped for a week. Still there. Is it because this msm is synthetic? Ive had positive results in other areas (more regular), but Im not noticing much with hair and I have these bumps...
would a pure msm (from pine trees) be better?

Bigghair

I suggest drinking a ton of water. Supplements sometimes have a detoxing effect which can cause toxins to be released (sometimes through the skin). This happened when I was taking a high dosage of Biotin. I had to stop taking it because of the breakouts, but my multi contain biotin anyway. I take Vitamin Shoppe brand MSM with no problems so maybe you should try that. Your dosage of Msm could be too high.:ohwell:

Avyn

I gradually integrated msm into my diet. I took only 1000mg a day for about 1 1/2 months then increased it to 2 a day. I did the same with biotin, whch peple say has caused breakouts. I am extremely breakout prone and I haven't had any breakouts at all due to the use of these two supplements. In fact, my normal monthly breakouts have all but stopped since I upped my dosages. HTH