Washing after a relaxer

shetara20

I wanted to get into the habit of washing and DCing 2 to 3 times a week. I am going into 4 weeks post my relaxer.Problem is Im not used to washing my hair that much and I am wondering if washing my hair would make my relaxer revert???? what do you think???:look:

moonglowdiva

Actually for me washing my hair twice makes my ng soft and manageable. No, My hair has never reverted. Once it's straight it's straight. Good Luck.:grin:

msde13

Same here...water is good moisture for your hair if it is sealed in...I think you should wash your hair when needed...but do not go past one week...it is good to have a clean healthy scalp...the only time my hair has reverted is when I did not use the proper relaxer or if I did not leave it in long enough...one product that I found that keeps the hair straight is called Ojon Tunu Elastik Hair Tamer ...I would suggest going to Sephora and smelling it first...some may or maynot like the smell...it is a musk...I air dry with a towel on my head and my hair is pin straight and you can go on to flat ironing it and it gives you enough protection...I hope this was helpful...

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P194510&categoryId=C13569

Tamrin

unapologetic
I wanted to get into the habit of washing and DCing 2 to 3 times a week. I am going into 4 weeks post my relaxer.Problem is Im not used to washing my hair that much and I am wondering if washing my hair would make my relaxer revert???? what do you think???:look:

No it will not. I have relaxed last week and I washed my hair 3 days later and every day since then.