Vitamin Gurus - Share Your Favorite/Brands.....

JenJen2721

I'm looking to switch brands for most of my vitamins as well as get back on track with my regimen. List your favorite brands for each category if you will...the ones that have given you noticable results...

Multivitamin

Biotin

MSM

Essential Fatty Acids, Oil blends, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, etc.

Silica

and any other vitamins you take for hair growth/softness/managability.

I'm ready to try some new top quality supplements!!!
trampoline.gif

Thanks in advance!
Jen

I love GNC's MSM... I used it for 2 months with great results. However it didnt pass the float test so I went and bought Trimedica MSM and its garbage IMO. I wasted my $ on the Trimedica brand and just bought a bottle of the GNC brand on Friday.

I wouldn't quite classify myself as a vitamin guru, but here goes and I hope this helps ...

Multivitamin:
- Solgar VM 75 (very good, high potency, includes aminos, but a little on the expensive side)
- Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate Woman (very good, almost as high potency as the Solgar but without the aminos)

Biotin:
- Puritan's Pride (the only one I've ever tried, very good, but I'm going to try Freeda next to see if I get different results)

MSM:
- Pure MSM powder from www.puremsm.com (very good, passed float test, but too time consuming to mix, then drink)
- Puritan Pride MSM capsules (pretty good, inexpensive)

EFA's:
- Evening Primrose Oil (don't remember what brand, but my skin and hair was soft as butter, plus EPO stopped all my PMS cramping, I stopped taking it because it's known to swell breasts and that's one thing I don't need anymore of
laugh.gif
)

Pantothenic Acid (B5):
- Vitamin Shoppe (very good, cheap)

Silica:
Never taken any

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
I love GNC's MSM... I used it for 2 months with great results. However it didnt pass the float test so I went and bought Trimedica MSM and its garbage IMO. I wasted my $ on the Trimedica brand and just bought a bottle of the GNC brand on Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I was thinking about ordering the Trimedica too, but GNC is more convenient.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I was thinking about ordering the Trimedica too, but GNC is more convenient.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

JenJen get the GNC 1000 powdered capsule with the Lignisul label on the front. Its pretty potent IMO and a few other members have had good results from taking it too
smile.gif

Britt,

Would you mind posting a pic or link of the product you're referring to? Whenever I look at the GNC brands of MSM, I get all confused. I'm taking Puritan's Pride formula of MSM but it's not convenient to order all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, my comments on this thread:
I take GNC Flaxseed Oil and I'd recommend it. The taste isn't so bad and it had all of the Omegas included so you don't have to take different kinds of oils.

I also love GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails. It's the only HSN formula that I've seen that contains the vitamins for healthy hair and skin and that I've read about such as silica, biotin, and msm.

I also like GNC's Silica.

I also take Puritan's Pride B-50 Complex which I like but I think I am going to switch over to all GNC products since it's more convenient.

Biotin - Nickerson International & Thompson brands
MSM - Powdered Lignisul
Essential Fatty Acids - Pro Efa
& of course, Barley Green and Beet Root Powder

Here u go Hairlove, ur right in GNC they have a few different kinds of MSM. I think this is the only powdered capsule that they have.

http://gnc.mondosearch.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo...1000+MSM+1000S+

This is the MSM 1000 w/ Lignisul. This is the size bottle that I bought at first to make sure that I like it. I think its $9.99 if I remember correctly. Make sure that u buy the powdered capsule and NOT the harshell. The picture here may be the picture of the hardshell, but the bottle that I am using looks pretty much the same except i have the powdered capsule. Anyhow, on the back of the all the MSM bottles it tells you whether or not it is a capsule or hardshell. When u shake the bottle of the hardshells u can tell the difference between the hardshells and the powdred capsules.
HTH
smile.gif

Thanks, Britt!

You're right. You can tell if it's a capsule by shaking the bottle! I've been doing that on my search for a new brand of MSM. I will check this one out at GNC.

here is my list.....lol....
GNC..MSM..1500
GNC..panthonic acid..500mg 2x
Hair formula 37..
solgar...vitamin c with rose hips..500 mg
GNC..flax seed oil 1000 2x
Country life...grape seed extract.50 mg
and i am not uping any more vit's, oh except for GNC calcium chews, i will be getting in the beggining of the month..but besides that, this is it for me.....

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats funny, I just bought the Trimedica Brand and now I want to take it back...But at same time doesnt the Trimedica brand have the same Lignusul name as the GNC msm? What about it would make it garbage?

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats funny, I just bought the Trimedica Brand and now I want to take it back...But at same time doesnt the Trimedica brand have the same Lignusul name as the GNC msm? What about it would make it garbage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Trimedica brand of MSM is garbage compared to the GNC brand b/c my hair literally sprouted from taking the GNC brand (btw i wasnt taking any other vitamin other than this). Also it was a lot cheaper than Trimedica. I payed $9.99 for the GNC brand and I loved the results. If I would have kept taking them from August I would have more growth right now. Maybe the Trimedica powder is good b/c Ive heard good reviews about it. As far as their powdered capsule is concerned I personally didn't like it. You shouldn't want to take it back to the store because of my opinion and experience. It was the opinions of others that made me change to Trimedica. Just goes to show what works for one does not work for all.

HTH
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Trimedica brand of MSM is garbage compared to the GNC brand b/c my hair literally sprouted from taking the GNC brand (btw i wasnt taking any other vitamin other than this). Also it was a lot cheaper than Trimedica. I payed $9.99 for the GNC brand and I loved the results. If I would have kept taking them from August I would have more growth right now. Maybe the Trimedica powder is good b/c Ive heard good reviews about it. As far as their powdered capsule is concerned I personally didn't like it. You shouldn't want to take it back to the store because of my opinion and experience. It was the opinions of others that made me change to Trimedica. Just goes to show what works for one does not work for all.

HTH
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but at the same time, I too had really good results with GNC, it was the brand I actually started with. Even though it didnt pass the float test...Im thinking now more than ever I should have stuck with it. Sometimes many of us can get a little carried away listening to recommendations. Im starting to realize that no matter what we read sometimes, it's best to just stick to the tried and true. Thanx Britt
smile.gif

Britt,

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I purchased the GNC MSM yesterday. I had been taking a 500mg capsule from Puritan's Pride so this 1000mg capsule is going to take some getting used to! It's quite big! I hope to get the same or better results b/c it's just easier to get to GNC b/c they are everywhere here. I even found some Flaxseed oil on sale for $4.99 and the B-Complex was on sale for $6.99. I went ahead and signed up for the gold card program. I am going to stick with GNC for all of my vitamin needs!

Multi- Rainbow Light Advanced Nutritional System. I love this. It contains everything from the regular vitamins and minerals to digestive enzymes, superfoods like spirulina and herbs including ginseng and ginkgo.

Individual vitamins and minerals- I just get the Spring Valley stuff at Wal Mart or a store brand. If it's something new, I try it the health store brand first- but if the mg are the same I just get it at Wal Mart. More $$ for the PJ!

Green foods-
Barlean's greens and Garden of Life Perfect food

Take care,
G

Back