Vegetable glycerin

Do any of you ladies natural, transitioning, or relaxed use only a vegetable glycerin spritz as a moisturizer and leave-in and if so what is your recipe.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

I was using only a veggie glycerin mix till I bought some scurl last week. The scurl lasted just a week so I made more mix this morning, just to last the day. This morning I omitted the aloe vera juice because I didn't have any and it was fine. I used glycerin, spring water and a few drops of tea tree oil.

I mix glycerin and honeyquat together, and add water, aloe vera juice, a capful of rice bran oil, and some aphogee pro-vitamin LI condish. My hair can get too mushy with too much glycerin, but this is a nice balance.

I'll have to check whether or not mine is veggie glycerine. I mix a very little bit of it with water, HE LTR (condish,not leave in), jojoba oil and silk amino acids. I spritz it on daily.My hair has been unbelievably soft as a result.

I am using Chicoro's leave in which doesn't have water. My hair doesn't do so well with water based mixes.

Aloe Vera Gel + Glycerin + oil; optional essential oils (sage, rosemary, basil).

It reminds me of Taliaah Waajids mist bodifier. Water could be added to it to make it a little thinner for spraying.

I am using Chicoro's leave in which doesn't have water. My hair doesn't do so well with water based mixes.

Aloe Vera Gel + Glycerin + oil; optional essential oils (sage, rosemary, basil).

It reminds me of Taliaah Waajids mist bodifier. Water could be added to it to make it a little thinner for spraying.
Ooh, I might try this next time (minus the essential oils, bc I don't have any). What kind of oil do you use??

Ooh, I might try this next time (minus the essential oils, bc I don't have any). What kind of oil do you use??

The recipe is
1/2 cup of Aloe Vera Gel
1 TBSP of glycerin
1 - 2 TBSP of oil

I am using Jojoba oil and Almond oil but you can use whichever oils you like or have. My hair likes lighter oils like sunflower. But even with the Jojoba and Almond the mixture does not feel greasy.

And obviously you can doctor the recipe as you like: increase/decrease amounts; add water, etc as you learn what your hair likes.

I apply it to my hair and scalp because it soothes my scalp, moisturizes my hair and does not leave it feeling greasy or sticky. I hate greasy or sticky. :nono:

half glycerine and half aloe juice, I forgot where I got the recipe but it makes and keeps my hair soft.

True Gemini

1/3 cup glycerin
1/3 aloe vera gel/juice
1/3 water
capful of oil
pinch of SAA
few drops of phytokeratin
1 squirt elucence

Hi everyone, I was just bumping hoping for a few more recipes. I just purchased 2 bottles of vegetable glycerin and I am ready to mix up some stuff!

TY

Hi Again Ladies~

Can vegetable glycerin be used in cold dry winters? It is my understanding that some products if used in the winter will actually allow moisture to leave the hair. Is vegetable glycerin one of those products?

i'll have to purchase some glycerin. i've always used in when it's IN products i've purchase, but i'd like to try one of the mixes i've seen here.

Flax seed gel( thinned )
slippery elm powder
aloe
glycerin
water
drops of essential oil
tbsp grapeseed oil

I want to add SAA but I havent yet.

I never measure and yes it works on my hair during the winter months too :)

In my spray bottle I have(and sometimes it varies)

water
veg glycerin
aloe vera juice (sometimes)
evoo
castor oil
tea tree oil
amla oil
conditioner-Ive been using Infusium moisture replenisher

sometimes I add wheat germ oil and/or jojoba oils

50/50 rosewater and glycerin. Used almost exclusively for keeping ends moisturized while bunning between cowashes.

But reading this thread, I might add some CHI keratin mist for protein and a few drops of eucalyptus oil for ceramides. Any thoughts on this?

Also, is refrigeration necessary or optional???

I just started using a glycerin mix:

I use glycerin mixed with aloe vera gel, pepermint eo, oil, and water.

I use it in my leave-in curtesy of KimmayTube. Water 2tbsps, aloe Vera gel 1tbsp, and juice 3 tbsp, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, macadamia nut oil, castor oil (1 tsp each), peppermint, rosemary, lavender and tea tree essential oils (5 drops each). I make a fresh batch every time I wash my hair and use it between washes. I
Like to dilute vegetable glycerin with water 1:4, to avoid stickiness.

Last edited:
Hi Again Ladies~

Can vegetable glycerin be used in cold dry winters? It is my understanding that some products if used in the winter will actually allow moisture to leave the hair. Is vegetable glycerin one of those products?

I like to know the answer to this question as well! Good question.

Back