using a curling iron as a flat iron?

redlight6292

Does anyone here use a curling iron as a flat iron? I was thinking that I could cut down on styling and straightening time by killing two birds with one stone.

Me Me!
clap.gif
I do I do! I wouldn't have it any other way either. I don't even know how to flat-iron with a real flat iron
laugh.gif

I used to always smooth the curling iron through my hair before the final curl...and on my new growth if I wanted it straighter (of course, this is when i was fully relaxed!) I also don't know "how" to flatiron but hope to learn one day! I think the key for the curling iron is to make sure to use a big one - like 1.5 inch barrel.

Supergirl ... how often do you use the curling iron to straighten your hair? Do you put anything special, before using the curling iron to straighten? I used to use 100% coconut oil ... turned out really nice.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

BB,

I use it about once every 3 months--but I may start doing it more often. Seems that curling irons are not as damaging as blow-dryers.

I use jojoba oil or a serum.
smile.gif

I did this for my mom. It killed some kinks while curling at the same time. The other day, I simply flat ironed it and it did straighten, but there was no curl. I wasn't about to pull out the curlers because I had already just blow dried her hair too. Now, I understand why there are stylists who don't even bother with flat irons.
smile.gif

I did this for the first time last week (I don't have a flat iron). My hair is coarse type 4a and the curling iron made it kinky straight. I guess it wasn't hot enough. I ended up with a huge blown-out looking afro.

I used to use my flat iron to straighten and to bend my ends under. I was the flat iron queen, I am so good that I could make it look like I used a curling iron.

I do! It works great! I curl and straighten at the same time after air drying. I use Damage Free heat protectant styler, then plait and air dry. When I use the curling iron I use Black n' Sassy Wrap Creme while curling. I don't do this often though. I primarily just air dry and wear it curly.

Back