Urgent: How can I fight the frizz?

goldensensation

Hey, ladies!

My college graduation is this friday and I would like to wear my hair straight. What products can I apply to my hair to keep the frizz under control? Summer is here in NYC and this heat and humidity has snuck up on us.

Tell me products and techniques.

Should I flat iron the day of my graduation or should I do it a day or two before so that it can be weighed down more? Will that help with the frizz? :confused:

:whyme:

Have you tried using a good silicone serum BEFORE flat ironing AND afterwards? That helps me keep them in check!

MizaniMami said:
Have you tried using a good silicone serum BEFORE flat ironing AND afterwards? That helps me keep them in check!

The last silicon that I used was in HS and it was the John Frieda Frizz Ease.

Can you recommend a silicon to me? Is that the same thing as a plain serum? How much should I use? Is it also a heat protectant?

goldensensation said:
The last silicon that I used was in HS and it was the John Frieda Frizz Ease.

Can you recommend a silicon to me? Is that the same thing as a plain serum? How much should I use? Is it also a heat protectant?

Sure, most serums are made from silicone. Silicones DO help protect the hair from heat. But I know you like Nexxus heat protexx so i would spray on a little of that, add a few drops of serum, flat iron, and then add some more to seal in that straightness.

If you are trying to go cheap, I would recommend Garnier's Fructis serum, but for the expensive stuff you already know I am going to say Aveda Brilliant serum.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ETA: About 4 pumps or drops should work for you hair. Too much will make it kinda greasy.

Last edited:
Back