#Truckers for Trump are boycotting NYC.

Everything Zen

^^^ I wish I could say that’s true but truck drivers have a lot of clout. DH runs his own trucker recruiting business. From my understanding they often have the right to refuse loads depending on where it’s going to take them and it’s already a PITA to get loads in and out of NYC anyway. If anything if this stunt is successful they’ll have to pay them a lot more to drive into NYC and it will drive the cost of freight moving into the city up significantly.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
So does the teamsters union support this? I don't think they care much for tRump.

Either way, my patience for these folks and their stupid stunts is waaay exhausted. They can boycott NYC if they want. I maintain that the trucks will continue to deliver without the 15 or so truckers that are making noise. The dude (trucker) who started this boycott talk and claimed he was talking to his boss over it has backtracked fairly quickly so I expect someone advised him how much they won't miss him ...

awhyley

^^^ I wish I could say that’s true but truck drivers have a lot of clout. DH runs his own trucker recruiting business. From my understanding they often have the right to refuse loads depending on where it’s going to take them and it’s already a PITA to get loads in and out of NYC anyway. If anything if this stunt is successful they’ll have to pay them a lot more to drive into NYC and it will drive the cost of freight moving into the city up significantly.

I'm hoping that independent truckers can pick up the slack.

So does the teamsters union support this? I don't think they care much for tRump.

Either way, my patience for these folks and their stupid stunts is waaay exhausted. They can boycott NYC if they want. I maintain that the trucks will continue to deliver without the 15 or so truckers that are making noise. The dude (trucker) who started this boycott talk and claimed he was talking to his boss over it has backtracked fairly quickly so I expect someone advised him how much they won't miss him ...

Yep, NYC alone is too big of a market to be ignored. Someone is going to see the potential of picking up the routes.