Trimedica vs. Doctor's Best vs. VS MSM powders

EbonyEyes

Trimedica vs. Doctor\'s Best vs. VS MSM powders

Hi everyone,

Either tomorrow or Sunday, I'm going to go to the VitaminShoppe to pick up some MSM powder. I've narrowed down my choices to Trimedica, Doctor's Best, and VitaminShoppe.

So I need your opinion. Which brand do you think is more effective and more pure? I would like to buy the brand that will give me faster and softer new growth. A looser texture isn't a requirement. Also, which brand will less likely give me headaches?

If you have another brand that you recommend other than the three mentioned, feel free to tell me about them.

Thank you so much!

-Ebony

Re: Trimedica vs. Doctor\'s Best vs. VS MSM powders

I use the VS msm powder. It's pure, but I have no idea if it's more pure than Trimedica or Doctor's Best (have never tried these two brands, so can't compare). I used to get headaches when I first started taking msm (a while back). Right now, I take 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon per day. I started taking it for my hair, but I really noticed how well it works on my joints (avid walker and jogger).

I've taken the Trimedica and Doctor's Best. I think either one would be ok, but for some strange reason, I prefer the Doctor's Best. I went in the VS to repurchase my MSM 2 weeks ago and they didn't have the DB powder so I got Trimedica. It was so hard when I got it home that I took it back. I ended up getting a brand I've never used before, but it's small. I think you'll get great results with either though.

Thank you for your responses! Any other opinions?

-Ebony

I have tried the Trimedica and Vitam Shoppe brand. I think that I like the VS brand a little better because it doesn't clump up as much. They both dissolve quickly in water.

So the VS MSM powder passed the purity test?

-Ebony

I'm currently using trimedica capsules. I'm very happy with the results so far softer more wavier instead of the nappy, hard, dry, new growth I usually get. after this brand is through I'm going to take a powder msm just to make sure I won't get better results. (I would've thought 3rd time was a charm but hopefully after the 4th I won't be experimenting with any more msm brands I'll either stick with my new powder if it's better or go back to trimedica.)

now that I think about it it will have to make one hell of a change to beat trimedica

as far as doctor's best and vitamin shoppe goes I've never tried those brands, but I've heard continued praise about doctor's best powder(which is the powder that I'm considering)

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I have tried the Trimedica and Vitam Shoppe brand. I think that I like the VS brand a little better because it doesn't clump up as much. They both dissolve quickly in water.

[/ QUOTE ]
DSD,

Do you mix yours in a glass of water and drink it down? I take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon by mouth, and then I wash it down with a beverage. This way, I don't have to drink a cup size (or glass size) of beverage tasting like msm. I got this idea from another LHCF member.

Allandra, that's how I do mine. I don't want to drink a whole glass of MSM water so I just put 1/2 teaspoon in my mouth and wash it down. It's not so bad that way. It kind of tastes like aspirin.

Yeah, I've gotten so used to it.
smile.gif

Hi, ladies! How much does this stuff cost? Can I find it in the grocery store? How soon would I notice results if taken on a daily basis? Which powder is best?
Please advise.

Thanx

Back