Transitioning w/o Braids/Twist/Wigs/Sew Ins

Songbirdb

Is this possible??? I'm really thinking of transitioning but braids or any of these styles won't do it for me. Is there any other way that I can still look cute and professional for work without all that extra hassle??? I'm trying to find some hairstyles that work but it seems I'm searching in vain. Curlformers work wonders, but its too much hassel for a one day style. Phony ponies work but its too much stress on my hair. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's discouraging me from transitioning.

Strawsets last until your next wash. You can wear them for a week to maybe three weeks. They work well as a professional do. My fav transition style by far.

Braidouts last a day or two, but are hassle-free to do. I wore them a lot towards the end of my transition. When done right (pinned up, right accessories, etc.), braidouts work as a beautiful style as well.

Flexi-rod sets can last longer than a day.

Rollersets can last up to a week if you pincurl at night. They work best in the first several months of your transition.

The list goes on ....

I'm doing the same thing I was doing before I started transitioning: protective styles and roller sets. I'm almost at 22 weeks posts, so these options are still working for me right now.

Strawsets last until your next wash. You can wear them for a week to maybe three weeks. They work well as a professional do. My fav transition style by far.

Braidouts last a day or two, but are hassle-free to do. I wore them a lot towards the end of my transition. When done right (pinned up, right accessories, etc.), braidouts work as a beautiful style as well.

Flexi-rod sets can last longer than a day.

Rollersets can last up to a week if you pincurl at night. They work best in the first several months of your transition.

The list goes on ....

Hmmm, thanks ladies. Whats a straw set?

It is very possible. I have done it by getting the new growth straightened. Back then even the pressing comb was run over my relaxed hair too at some point. :nono:
Nowadays, I would rollerset and begin to flat iron the newgrowth when rollersets stopped cutting it.

If you have hair long enough to bun, you can use that as a daily protective style.

i am a bunner...see my photo album to see how much NG i have and what it looks like. i say that becuase it depends on the type of texture you have to be able to "attractively" do certain styles, imo.

I'm in the same boat songbirdb, i'm 6 months into transition and buns are no longer an option. my scalp all of a sudden does not want any tension whatsoever....so I've been doing WNGs, and wearing scarves. But, I'm looking into curlformers or strawsets something polished looking but does cause any tension and lasts more than 2 days:wallbash:

I've been doing twistouts. I think you can look professional with a twistout or a braidout. My co-workers have been complimenting me on my twistouts.

I even got a compliment on an 8-day-old twistout. I wasn't expecting a compliment that day because my hair had gone pretty flat. My co-worker was suprised that I did it myself. She thought a stylist did my hair. :lol:

I know I couldn't do it .. So I give big up's to all you ladies who do, I'm only 8 weeks posty andmMy hair has been out of braids for 5 days now I am counting down the days until I can put my tree braids in ... 4 days to go ... I cannot stand the two different textures :wallbash: it is driving me insane .. Just 4 more days lol

You better get it if you can do this. I dont think i would of made it this far if i didnt keep my hair braid.... I hope all goes well for you. keep me posted

Back