Transitioners & Those who did the B/C

Honey1

I am transitioning and I have a big question for those who have done the big chop. Do you feel that your hair has grown quicker because you chopped off your relaxed ends or do you think it didn't make a difference in the growth?

I want to know because, I want to keep my length as long as I can. I don't think I will look good with a twa. I haven't had my hair that short since I was a baby. On the other hand, I don't want my relaxed ends to hinder my natural growth. Please help!

I have only been natural for about 3 weeks to a month. Since I colored my hair I see a considerable amount of new growth.I do not think that has anything to do with cutting it but you will see a difference. As for the TWA I thought that my head would look weird but it looks cute and I love my TWA.

Nah... I don't think that cutting it will increase the rate of growth. I didn't think that I would look good with a TWA either but I am glad that I went that route because I had the opportunity to learn what works for my hair at any length..and by the time my hair got kind of long I was not overwhelmed with
1. dealing with a new texture
2. dealing with a new texture + alot of hair

this can be overwhelming... just my experience though

My hair seemed to grow faster after I cut off the relaxed ends. Even though I was being very careful with managing the 2 textures, I was still experiencing some breakage.

Honey1, I'd tried the transitioning and just did the BC, mainly because my two textures were so stark and I was more into the new growth. But my hair did grow fast during that stage, w/ some serious itching, a telltale sign of growth. With the twa, it grows superfast, but I just keep mowing it down, like fresh-cut grass.. LOL!

I'm not trying to encourage the BC, but that's just my observation of my hair..
smile.gif

I think that it may feel as if the hair is growing faster, but in reality no change will occur. You are cutting off dead hair, not doing anything to your roots. And it seems to me that naturals get the same rate of hair growth that relaxed heads do...

I'm a transitioner, and my hair growth hasn't shrunken any!

I would say that everybody has a different experience. If you look at hairlove's pictures you can see that she has had a lot of newgrowth with in the past year. It took me a year and a half just to get my natural hair to shoulder length while transitioning.

[ QUOTE ]
Chimma said:
I think that it may feel as if the hair is growing faster, but in reality no change will occur. You are cutting off dead hair, not doing anything to your roots. And it seems to me that naturals get the same rate of hair growth that relaxed heads do...

I'm a transitioner, and my hair growth hasn't shrunken any!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know that its not growing any faster, but i guess since i havent seen a broken hair yet, im retaining all my length
smile.gif

Back