Too Much??

Platinum

I've been using MN for about a month now and I've been seeing pretty good results. (I would like to see more growth in my nape area though:ohwell:) While reading some of the other threads, I noticed that different people add different ingredients to their MN. So, now I'm thinking that I may want to add cortisone and cayenne pepper to mine but I have some many other things in it already. (I forgot who said they were using this. But they said that they have good growth as a result)

4% MN
Sulfur 8
Castor Oil
Jojoba Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Peppermint Oil
Rosemary Oil

At first, I started out with Sulfur 8 and Castor Oil. Then I added Peppermint and Rosemary to mask the scent. Over time, I added 2 more tubes of MN when I added the other oils because I thought maybe I diluted the formula by adding so many. My DH told me that I'm "getting out of hand" with my "concoction" (his words) by adding so many things to it. Do you think adding cayenne and cortisone is too much? Should I leave it alone? Or do you think I should add them. What would you do?

I only mix mine with a little herbal "grease"...And I only did that because some people complained of headaches. I wouldn't add too much of anything else. You already have quite a melody... hey, how long have you been using it and has it increased your growth?

cortisone is a form of cayenne so I wouldn't add both. I think your mix looks great. If this is working there is no need to add anything else.

I switched to Flowers of Sulfur (sulfur powder) so there is no smell, but it wouldn't be in grease form like the sulfur 8 is. You can get that in the pharmacy section or online.

I think if you want to add something to it, then you should take something out.. it sounds like too much stuff... you've got quite a list there!

I only mix mine with a little herbal "grease"...And I only did that because some people complained of headaches. I wouldn't add too much of anything else. You already have quite a melody... hey, how long have you been using it and has it increased your growth?

I started using the mix on Feb. 25 and so far I've seen pretty good results. My growth is a little uneven though. I have about 1 1/2 inches new growth in my crown (my fastest growth area), about an inch around the edges, and about 1/4 inch on my nape (the slowest). Speaking of nape, I'm happy that I'm seeing progress there (my nape area was nearly bald when I started, now it's filling in):grin:. I hope to post pics and start a fotki soon.

Thanks for your feedback, Ladies.$

I think if you want to add something to it, then you should take something out.. it sounds like too much stuff... you've got quite a list there!

Thanks. I still have enough to last a few weeks. I may try to change the formula when I make a new batch.

whatever you do, skip the pure peppermint essential oil, it will give you headaches.

i found out the hard way, when i pre-pooed for a few hours with a tea-tree and peppermint oil conditioner. my headache lasted about 4 days.

whatever you do, skip the pure peppermint essential oil, it will give you headaches.

i found out the hard way, when i pre-pooed for a few hours with a tea-tree and peppermint oil conditioner. my headache lasted about 4 days.

Thanks. I haven't heard about pure peppermint oil and headaches. Do you think you have used too much?

Back