Tips for condtioning hair after utilizing a chelating shampoo

amberangel4u

Thanks to all of my LCHF sisters I realize the reason my hair will not respond to deep conditioners, leave in , etc is the very hard water here in Nevada. I purchased the AO swimmers shampoo but I need step by step instructions as to what to use next. I have read horror stories about straw like hair following these types of shampoos. I am natural 3A-3B (CORRECTED). Do I deep condition, then an oil treatment? TIA!!!!!

Last edited:
If your texture is between 2a-3a, then you have lesser of a chance of it knotting up as badly as say 4a hair textures like mine. Just use a really good moisturizing deep conditioner and either leave on for hours or sit under a hooded dryer. Chelating shampoos will strip your hair of the deposits and its moisture but you can easily infuse it back in.

If your texture is between 2a-3a, then you have lesser of a chance of it knotting up as badly as say 4a hair textures like mine. Just use a really good moisturizing deep conditioner and either leave on for hours or sit under a hooded dryer. Chelating shampoos will strip your hair of the deposits and its moisture but you can easily infuse it back in.

I corrected by hair type in the original post. I am more concerned about the moisture and keeping it in.

Whenever I clarify/chelate my hair I do 1 wash with the clarifying shampoo and then 1 wash with my regular moisturizing shampoo. After that I deep condition.

Back