Tight coiled type 4 Naturals- ceramic flat irons.

kandi1280

I wanted to purchase a new flat iron and wanted to know some that you guys have already tried that really work. I love have my natural hair, but I haven't rocked a straight style since last July. Has anyone used the Sally Beauty Jilbere de Paris ceramic flat irons?

Thanks for any opinions.

I think that's the very same flat iron I have and it has worked for my Type 4 hair. The secret is to press small sections at a time. Also I don't know if this will work for you (or if it's a good idea - so try it at your own risk), but I have gotten a good press if I press my hair while it's damp with nothing on, and then again with some product on. But lately I've had a good press when I've appled the product(s) to damp hair and then pressed it dry, thus running the flat iron through my hair just once. For instance, to get my hair to look as it does in this picture - My attempt to do a Lorraine/Sengschick bun LOL - I simply applied a serum mixed with Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In onto damp hair and pressed a section at a time.

In the past, when I pressed my damp hair with no products, I have followed that with Lustrasilk Smooth Ends Leave-In Conditioner mixed with a serum. Although my hair looked OK, I found the ends looked a little frizzy until I went applied Isoplus Pressing Oil. (I was too impatient to wait to find out on here what are the tried and true products for a good press. LOL.) Incidentally, I believe Ms Portugal does the wet-with-no-products-press first too. ( :wasntme: if she denies it. LOL)

Last edited:
Nonie said:
Incidentally, believe Ms Portugal does the wet-with-no-products-press first too. ( :wasntme: if she denies it. LOL)

hee hee nonie you are funny but i do "dry press" my hair and add oil or oil sheen after I have bitten by the heat bug lately and i am trying to hold out for a professional flat iron treat at the end of feb.

kandi1280 said:
I wanted to purchase a new flat iron and wanted to know some that you guys have already tried that really work. I love have my natural hair, but I haven't rocked a straight style since last July. Has anyone used the Sally Beauty Jilbere de Paris ceramic flat irons?

Thanks for any opinions.

Yes, I currently have the Jilbere c-iron. I like it a lot. I purchased the regular c-iron and not the porcelain brand. The porcelain, has curved/beveled plates to aide in curling the ends of one's hair. I didn't purchase it because I wasn't sure that this would work for me, but you may want to check this out the next time you're at Sally's.

Back