"these Are My Confessions..."

Curls&Justice417

I know this topic has been done a million times, :deadhorse:but I'm a newbie and I love these kinds of threads. So let's get going, talk about some of your hair confessions or dirty little secrets. It doesn't have to be a bad thing either. It can be something that you used to do/think or currently. I'll start obviously

1. When I'm bored at work I'll do a s&d, mainly with my bangs because I can see them easily and snip any split hairs or ssk with an old janky pair of office scissors :ohwell:

2. When I was relaxed I would have my sister relax my hair every 8-12 weeks from root to tip with a super strength relaxer. And I'd leave it on for as long as I please because I never burned. Sometimes I'd go with out a relaxer for months on end because my sister was busy with work and school, whatever. Never used a leave in, deep conditioner, but I did use a heat protectant before I fried my hair with a flat iron daily lol! I don't know how the helllll my fine/medium 3b/3c strands even survived that.:whyme:

3. When I was much younger I used to think that hair grew longer from the ends of the hair......:spinning::blush:

4. I've gone back to sulfate shampoos and I loveeee it!

5. Same with cones.

6. Speaking of ingredients I will not buy a product if I can't analyze the ingredients. But not because I care about parabens, chemicals or anything:look: I just know what my hair likes. Silk amino acids? Yes please.:lick:

Cute thread idea.

When I was relaxed I rarely/never washed my own hair, only got it washed every two weeks :barf: can't see doing either of these now.

I take entirely too many pictures of my hair now. :click:

I really think I need a trim, but I don't want to lose any of my length. :bud::cowgirl:

I'm a product junkie. :alcoholic:

I've never been good at trimming my ends.

I go years without touching the scissors and when I finally go to the stylist they only trim the tiniest bit off. It always suprises me because I've literally never had a scissor happy stylist and I rarely if ever trim. They actually comment on how healthy and good my ends are. Go figure.

Going natural has been eating my pockets for yrs now. I had more money when I was relaxed. Lol

I hate the crown...the hair is more fragile, curl pattern is tighter and the hair grows the slowest.

I love being natural and have even convinced my mom in becoming natural (she big chopped a couple of months ago), I watch videos of relaxed haired women and even know what relaxer I want to use if or when I relaxed my hair.

I don't follow natural hair "rules"...just do what I want to do when I do it.

I trim my hair more than it is growing then complain to myself that my hair isn't growing.

I wished that my left was as thick and easier to deal with as my right side

I have 2 main hair types and they are vastly different and very obvious. 80% of my hair is 3c basically. However, from my ears to my forehead is possibly a 4b. As a teen I hated that section so much that I would purposely try to heat damage it do that it would be looser like the rest of my hair. I damaged it alright but it still looks nothing like the rest. Now when I have my hair in ponytails the edges are straight-ish and when those pieces come loose they stick up, straight up in the air, like Ive been electrocuted!

When I was the same age above I was very into doing my hair. I did twists, bantu knots, the works. I was KNOWN for my hair in school. Well fastforward now it's quite the opposite. I work (soon I'll be working 54 hrs a week), go to school, work on side projects, my hair is litterally the last thing on my list. Currently it's so matted because my routine consists of combing conditioner through my hair and diffusing. That doesn't make for a long lasting style, especially since I can't remember my last wash day :look::drunk::spinning::abducted:

I want a change so bad. I'm tired of the same hair. I wanna get locs or cut it all off and do gray, white, or blonde color. Idk how my hair would respond to to color because it's not only fine but it's low porosity too. Also my face is a little weird in shape. Think teri hatcher or kelly rowland.

So yeah, those are my skeletons.

When I had a cropped/shaved relaxed cut, I'd relax as soon as I felt 5mm of new growth. I've also never based my entire scalp. Always my hairline though, and the pre-treatment on my length.

I think I randomly 'dust' my ends way too often.

I take too many hair pics.

I could be even gentler with my hair when detangling but I can't be bothered. I already take ages.

My hair still seems short to me (probably because I never wear it stretched).

I'm not following any hard rules but doing things I feel like doing.
I bleached some of my hair last month. So far, so good.
I've use the flat iron 3 times since then and I've only been washing every 2 weeks.
Silicone and blow drying on wash day has been my best friend.
Gonna start Curlformer and flexirod sets next and leave the flat iron alone.

Back