The Stubborn Moabite

Nice & Wavy

It's Back!

Ok...I submit to my sisters :love2:...I am putting it back. Thanks for the love!

In the Book of Ruth, Naomi tries to convince her Gentile daughters-in-law, Orpah and Ruth, to leave her and not follow as she returns to her homeland in Israel. Orpah agrees to leave, but Ruth refuses. Finally Naomi let Ruth come because she saw that Ruth was amats. Amats is the Hebrew word for steadfast, stubborn, and hardened. It's not good to be stubborn in sin and hardened to God. Yet it's very good to be stubborn in love and hardened for righteousness. We must not only follow God, we must be amats in following. We need to be stubborn in faith, steadfast in love, hardened in our commitment. If you're not stubborn about what is good, then the enemy will discourage you from entering the blessings God has for you. Ruth refused to be discouraged. Ruth was stubborn. When Naomi saw she was amats, she let her come. When the enemy sees that you are amats, he will give up. Be steadfast in faith, unwavering in hope, and stubborn in love. Don't just be a believer, be an amats believer, and nothing on earth will keep you from all the blessings God has in store.

From Message #426 - Wherever You Dwell

In what areas do you tend to get discouraged or give up? Make it your aim today to keep going in holy, stubborn, amats!
I should have answered this question first...guess I had to experience it with this thread in order to understand exactly what it meant....God knows how to get our attention, huh?:yep:

@momi @felic1

Last edited:

MrsHaseeb

I was at work but now when I come back to read it its removed? PM it to me if you don't want to repost.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Sis... :love3:

Please share it again. I'm still unpacking from the move and I'm not able to see every thread and post.

Nice & Wavy

momi

I came in ready to read the post!

Post again Sis Wavy <<< insert pout face here >>>

sweetvi

If you're not stubborn about what is good, then the enemy will discourage you from entering the blessings God has for you

My favorite part!!!! That is so trueeee

Nice & Wavy

If you're not stubborn about what is good, then the enemy will discourage you from entering the blessings God has for you

My favorite part!!!! That is so trueeee
Girllllll....I had to experience this whole thing...I can't even believe it! :look::look::look:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Re: It's Back!

What a Word.. N&W..... Glad you're an amats Believer!

That Bible story has so many layers to it...

In the Book of Ruth, Naomi tries to convince her Gentile daughters-in-law, Orpah and Ruth, to leave her and not follow as she returns to her homeland in Israel. Orpah agrees to leave, but Ruth refuses. Finally Naomi let Ruth come because she saw that Ruth was amats. Amats is the Hebrew word for steadfast, stubborn, and hardened. It's not good to be stubborn in sin and hardened to God. Yet it's very good to be stubborn in love and hardened for righteousness. We must not only follow God, we must be amats in following. We need to be stubborn in faith, steadfast in love, hardened in our commitment. If you're not stubborn about what is good, then the enemy will discourage you from entering the blessings God has for you. Ruth refused to be discouraged. Ruth was stubborn. When Naomi saw she was amats, she let her come. When the enemy sees that you are amats, he will give up. Be steadfast in faith, unwavering in hope, and stubborn in love. Don't just be a believer, be an amats believer, and nothing on earth will keep you from all the blessings God has in store.

From Message #426 - Wherever You Dwell

In what areas do you tend to get discouraged or give up? Make it your aim today to keep going in holy, stubborn, amats!

momi

We must not only follow God, we must be amats in following.

ETA: It's a piece of cake to follow God when you have an idea of where you are going - but Ruth was a amats in following a God that she probably really didn't know much about (being a Moabite), into a land and a people she was unfamiliar with, with a future she was uncertain of. Now that's AMATS!

Lord You know I needed this today!

Father help us all to be amat in contending for the faith - especially in these times where it appears Christianity is under attack. Thank you for the assurance in your Word that we will reap if we faint not... not only to finish but finish well as we remain amat, steadfast, and determined to follow hard after You. Amen!

Last edited:

HWAY

Naomi was obedient in listening to the Ruth's wise counsel. She wasn't selfish. Naomi must have been a great mother-in-law. Ruth honored her mother-in-law and God blessed her.

She was blessed because she was humble and obedient. Being obedient to the leading of the holy spirit....is like walking on water.
I know the Lord is a deliverer. He has been with me thus far, so I must trust him. I praise him and conduct myself as if I am already delivered and thank for Him for being worthy.
I may not know what the outcome will be but I know if I continue to follow God while seeking his face, I will be successful. While walking on water, pray incessantly. Upon waking, while driving to work, while walking down the street, before I eat, after I eat, while preparing food, while cleaning my home, while singing songs of praise, while bathing, before reading the bible, while meditating on what I've read, before sleep at night, etc.
Seek God in prayer and ask for his wisdom and he will order your steps. He will grant you peace and speak to you while giving assurance so you no longer have to worry.
Father God, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

PinkPebbles

Nice & Wavy I'm glad you decided to post the message...it spoke to me!

My schedule at the moment doesn't allow me to post and respond to threads like I used to in the past, but I want to encourage others if God places something on your heart to post please do it! You have no idea who God is using you to bless.

Nice & Wavy

Naomi was obedient in listening to the Ruth's wise counsel. She wasn't selfish. Naomi must have been a great mother-in-law. Ruth honored her mother-in-law and God blessed her.

She was blessed because she was humble and obedient. Being obedient to the leading of the holy spirit....is like walking on water.
I know the Lord is a deliverer. He has been with me thus far, so I must trust him. I praise him and conduct myself as if I am already delivered and thank for Him for being worthy.
I may not know what the outcome will be but I know if I continue to follow God while seeking his face, I will be successful. While walking on water, pray incessantly. Upon waking, while driving to work, while walking down the street, before I eat, after I eat, while preparing food, while cleaning my home, while singing songs of praise, while bathing, before reading the bible, while meditating on what I've read, before sleep at night, etc.
Seek God in prayer and ask for his wisdom and he will order your steps. He will grant you peace and speak to you while giving assurance so you no longer have to worry.
Father God, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Love, love, love this...:love2:

We must not only follow God, we must be amats in following.

ETA: It's a piece of cake to follow God when you have an idea of where you are going - but Ruth was a amats in following a God that she probably really didn't know much about (being a Moabite), into a land and a people she was unfamiliar with, with a future she was uncertain of. Now that's AMATS!

Lord You know I needed this today!

Father help us all to be amat in contending for the faith - especially in these times where it appears Christianity is under attack. Thank you for the assurance in your Word that we will reap if we faint not... not only to finish but finish well as we remain amat, steadfast, and determined to follow hard after You. Amen!
Amen, sis...amen! :love3:

What a Word.. N&W..... Glad you're an amats Believer!

That Bible story has so many layers to it...
Me too...hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Nice & Wavy I'm glad you decided to post the message...it spoke to me!

My schedule at the moment doesn't allow me to post and respond to threads like I used to in the past, but I want to encourage others if God places something on your heart to post please do it! You have no idea who God is using you to bless.
Amen...I'm glad I posted it as well and that you were blessed! :hug2: