The Relaxed Wash N Go Thread

rissybaby

So is it possible to acheive a cute, EASY relaxed wash n go?? With the summer finally here ive seen many posts seeking advice for any easy way to wear relaxed hair that isnt so time consuming. Share your tips here! :spinning:

when i'm on vacation i will do wash and go. i wash and condition my hair, but don't rinse the conditioner out. tie a scarf around the front and then let it dry wavy. i have a picture in my album.

Last edited:
Been wearing wash and gos for the past few weeks now. So much easier... :yep:

The past few days Ive just been wetting my hair in the shower, putting some Cantu Shea Butter leavein all over my hair, throwing on a headband and letting it air dry. Been turning out pretty well. :)

My hair is texlaxed and I :love: my WnGs.
000_0420-vi.jpg

Don't touch it while it's drying. :naughty:

Last edited:
For my wash n go..I wash and condition in the shower. Then I use a wide tooth comb and make a part in the front (usually the middle) and apply MJ's Curly pudding, a quarter size amount of Lacio Lacio leave-in and scrunch in sections. When its about 75% dry, I add in some Fantasia IC gel with sparalites (love this stuff:) ) and some NTM serum..If I have a lot of NG on the edges/front, I fold one of my hair scrarves and tie them down for a bit or I do the lil camel-hump thing in the frony with 2 small bobby pins. HTH

I do wash n go's ... I just wash/condition my hair then use S-Curl moisturizer and olive oil ...scrunch it some to define the curls more and let air drie...if im pressed for time ill use a diffuser on low/cool setting...I have some pics in my fotki of my wash n go hair..
I wanna try some different products to and see how they work

I cowash in the shower, leave-in a little conditioner for moisture, scrunch and let it airdry. Sometimes if I wanna use some product for some hold, I add a touch of Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream.

I want to do a wash and go, but i don't want the hair to get frizzy and wild looking. What products do you use to define the waves and to keep the frizz away???? How many days does the style last????? Do you re-wet the hair everyday? I need answers lol!!

I co-wash every evening to get out all of the gunk. I rub a drop of Africa's Best Leave-in, Kids Organics Shea butter Detangling Lotion in first. A layer of butters mixed with oils, comb thru and pull back into a headband or faux hawk the bangs.

Loveya said:
I want to do a wash and go, but i don't want the hair to get frizzy and wild looking. What products do you use to define the waves and to keep the frizz away???? How many days does the style last????? Do you re-wet the hair everyday? I need answers lol!!

hey gurl! :wave: glad to see you finally made it over here.

Nice tips ladies!! I usually just add lacio lacio and some oil but I use a hair clip to tie it back. I seem to get frizzy if I don't clip it. :(

The amount of frizz I get depends on the weather. Sometimes it stays fairly tame and sometimes it swells and gets bigger and bigger as the day goes on and I have to rewet it a little to tame it back down.

I cowash and then add leave in. Then I add homemade curl pudding and scrunch. Then I spritz on some carefree curl on top so it wont dry hard. Then I leave it alone. After a while Ill run some oil or serum thru it to seal in the moisture.

Im experimenting with a couple of new products, garnier fructis soft curl cream and this wave by design dry finish spray a friend passed on to me. The results are similar, but the wave by design stuff seems to make it wave up very easily.

My wash n gos only look decent for one day. My hair is thriving from them though, it seems to like being cowashed frequently. The trick is I try not to comb my hair more than once a week to keep the manipulation down. I just finger comb most of the time unless I see its getting tangled.

After washing I do not towel dry, I apply Rusk Smoother or Salerm 21 and serum for smoothness. I allow my hair to airdry loose and then while its still damp I style it in a braidout. If I'm stretching my relaxer and want my roots to lay down, I put my hair in 2 ponytails secured with scrunchies, create 2 buns and tuck the ends under. As the roots dry straight I release the ponytails so they too can dry. Then overnight I set the hair in a braidout.

Loveya said:

OMG!! Your hair is GORGEOUS!!!:eek: :eek: Get prepared to be fotki-stalked and PM'd like crazy girl!:lol:

Thanks, everyone, for posting tips. I've been wanting ot do wash and go's but I was afraid that my relaxed hair would just turn out stringy looking. I'm going to start experimenting in the morning!

Loveya said:

I have to re-wet it each morning; my waves get smashed overnight. my hair would dry super thick and wild without product to weigh it down, that's why i leave in the conditioner.

Loveya said:
Ha!!! Im finally here!!!!
HEY!!! :wave: You joined here! Remember me? I was the one who asked you if I could start a thread about your hair here! And you were so kind to PM me your whole regimen. Your hair still looks wonderful! :)

I'm sending you a PM now.

Wash n' go on relaxed hair..scrunched in Smooth n' shine curl activator gel. It gives soft curls
IMG_0138.jpg

woooooow Tetbelle!!! :eek: So pretty!!!! Ive gotta try that as well as all the other awesome advice u guys have been giving!! Keep it comin!! I feel like there are a lot of relaxed heads out there who have always wanted to be able to do something simple. :yep:

tetbelle said:
Wash n' go on relaxed hair..scrunched in Smooth n' shine curl activator gel. It gives soft curls
IMG_0138.jpg

your hair is so pretty and shiny! whats your secret? I unfortunately have dull brown colored hair that doesnt like to shine much, and dark hair doesnt look good on me. My hair only looks somewhat shiny if I flat iron it or whatever to lay down the cuticles.

i'm sporting a wash n go today. i applied Loreal nature's therapy perfect curls leave-in creme followed by Fantasia IC frizz buster serum. i crunched a little bit and so far so good. it's almost dry and no puffiness yet. I'm so gonna do these everytime i wash my hair.

Back