Texlaxing with Mizani Butter Blend or Phyto???

Jazzy413

Ok..so Im stuck between whether to texlax with Phyto I or Mizani BB.....Can I get soem Mizani heads up in here to testify! I need to make my decision fairly soon, as I want to go ahead and do the do by mid Nov. I have a sample(1 application) of Phyto I now, but since Im such a newb on hair care, I dont want to mess anythign up and then be unhappy with the results. Come on ladies and give me your pros and cons for both relaxer systems..Any info will be appreciated and hopefully help me to make the final decision.

Phyto Index 2 dried me out big time and I used it for over a year but I was bone straight. I did have some underprocessed areas during that time so my hair was a combo of bonestraight Phyto, texlaxed Phyto and bonestraight lye on the ends. I just got a texlax with Mizani Butter Blend mild (2 weeks ago today) and I like it. I can clearly see the difference between how dry the texlaxed Phyto is compared to the texlaxed Mizani. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks nycutiepie. That has been my dilemma. Ive been reading about how drying Phyto can be and I don't know that I want to go through that. Even though I am also reading that it might be due to improper neutralizing... I just don't know!!!

thanks for posting that link Allandra! I can't wait to texlax with Mizani BB in January when I reach my 6 months stretching goal.

I was looking for another, less expensive, relaxer since I'm planning to relax every 16 weeks instead of every 42 weeks. I saw Allandra's rave thread and decided to try that one next relaxer. My problem is it's labeled "promotional trial" and it cost $39.00. What's it gonna be when the trial promotion is over?

My thoughts exactly....Ive been looking at that and thinking the same thing. I like the price, but if its gonna go up, how much!!!!

I'm also thinking about buying this set. How many retouches can I get out of it? $40 is a bit steep for 1 retouch....

I was looking for another, less expensive, relaxer since I'm planning to relax every 16 weeks instead of every 42 weeks. I saw Allandra's rave thread and decided to try that one next relaxer. My problem is it's labeled "promotional trial" and it cost $39.00. What's it gonna be when the trial promotion is over?

Back