Texlaxed and Frizzy hair

Napp

Ms. Nobody
do you texlaxed ladies battle with frizz? my hair frizzes less then my natural hair but it still frizzes up to the point where my hair is tangling and knotting.:nono:

does the degree of texlax determine how frizzy my hair will get in the humidity?

im about 50% texlaxed plus my hair still has alot of natural texture in it. if i relaxed to like 70-80%(which is what i wanted in the first place) will i have less tangle inducing frizz? or should i just bonelax?

Ms. Tiki

I'm texlaxed to where you want and I still battle frizz. I'm thinking of going bonelax b/c it is driving me crazy. I washed and scrunched last night with activator gel and mousse and it is still frizzy. *sigh*

southerncitygirl

Napp
is your porosity off? i'm cottony and natural but the dryer my hair is the frizzier i get. what about moisturizing and sealing or using a oil layered with a butter?

Duff

I'm about 70-75% now and my frizz if MUCH better. there is still some but it's workable.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp
is your porosity off? i'm cottony and natural but the dryer my hair is the frizzier i get. what about moisturizing and sealing or using a oil layered with a butter?

i already moisturize but after the hair has napped up, it doesnt get smooth again unless i was to put some heat on it. i dont want to use oil and butters because i do not want heavy hair. i am not a protective styler.

renren

Napp

How are you styling your hair? Is it that you are doing a wash and go? What's your regimen. The only thing that helps with my frizz is gel. I live in the Caribbean so humidity destroys my curls if I dont use gel. You can try mixing curl activator gel with normal gel... this is to prevent the crunch. Or you can make you own flaxseed gel.

The key to using gel is to put a good leave-in and butter/oil under it. The tangles are inevitable with curly hair... just finger detangle when co-washing.

Honey Bee

poochie167, That's what the instructions say... not that I always follow them but I'm on this new 'listen to what the makers of the product say' thing :lol:, so that;s how I've used it. I bought it maybe 3 weeks ago, when it was crazy humid here in the city, and it stopped the frizz immediately. (I started a light heat reggie so I'm flat-ironing on 230 degrees)

ReignLocks

How are you ladies wearing your hair? I don't get much frizziness with my hair but it could be because it is short. I wear my hair out 90% of the time but I do plan to weave it up within the next few weeks. I want to try a braidout but I am not sure how my hair will react.