Supplement regimen...

Tina

Hello!

Today I'm starting a supplement regimen...again! LoL!
The main ones for my hair are...

My multi-vitamin/mineral -- Andrew Lessman Complete

Biotin, 5+ mg -- Puritan's Pride, Country Life

Hair, Skin, & Nails -- Andrew Lessman

Flaxseed Oil -- 2 T a day with yogurt

Protein -- atleast 60g of supplemental protein from one or more of the following: Naturade Veg, Twinlab Amino Fuel, Nutribiotic Rice Protein, Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex

Kal Super Silica -- 1+ a day

Doctor's Trust Ultra Hair and Nails -- 1+ a day

B 100 Complex -- 1 cap a day

MSM -- 1 t a day

Pantothenic Acid -- 3000 mg a day

Brewer's Yeast -- 1+ T a day

Inositol -- 1 t a day

Lecithin -- 1 T a day

Sea Vegetables -- 1 cap a day

Kal Hair Force -- 1 cap a day

I'm hoping that charting my progress on a spreadsheet, as was suggested here at LHCF, (Thank you generous spreadsheet idea lady!!) will help me to be more consistent! Any thoughts?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Let us know how this is working for you I just started a new regimine myself. at first i was takin biotin and my centrum one a day but i broke out in pimples. i added pantothenic acid to my vitamins as well as gnc nourishhair which has msm in it. i'm hoping this works.
smile.gif

Wow, you've done your footwork!
I plan on increasing my vitaming intake slowly too!

I'd say you should write down all of the ingredients to all of your supplements
and add up the amount your getting (total) of each individual vitamin and mineral if
you haven't done this already. I did this and found out I was taking 8 mg of Biotin
when I only meant to take 5mg a day.

Hi lakketab! Nice regimen you have there. A lot of people have great results with the Ultra Nourishair! I hope you do too
smile.gif

Hi Xtal! Good idea! I counted up my biotin. I'm at about 10mg. This is still a safe dosage...I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!
smile.gif

Tina, Yes please keep us posted. I'm starting my new and hopefully improved regimen next month. On the Andrew Lessman (Hair,Skin & Nail) vit. Excellent vitamin, it's really improved my skin, but I opened the bottle and the funk nearly knocked me off my feet! So hold your breath. Now that I know better, I open the bottle, get my vit and literally run away from the area cause the funk lingers for a bit. LOL! Also, there is a small but significant amount of biotin in this hair-multi, are you counting this within the 5g of Biotin you plan to take? Just askin'?

Wow. You are taking alot of pills a day.
I pretty much follow Bargello's routine except I left out the flaxseed and proteins.
that's got me to 5 pill/day. I needed to find a routine I could afford and stay with; will you be able to stay with this?

GNC ultra nourishair
Biotin
MSM
EPO
Centrum Multi.

newbie.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Great forum! Well I've just decided to start a vitamin regimen myself. I started growing out my relaxer last May and I have it in cornrows right now so I can't give an accurate measurement of my length. It has grown pretty well though. After seeing the results that people are having by adding some supplements I have to give it a try. Here's what I use and I just started this week July 8th.

2 GNC Ultra Nourishair
1 MSM 500mg
1 Silica

I know this doesn't look like much but I'll be glad if I can start to get 1 inch a month. I usually get between 1/2 in to 3/4 a month. I can't wait to see the results!

Topazz
rosebud.gif

Hi Brooke! The Hair, Skin & Nails caps are pretty...er...fragrant. LoL! Thank goodness I've gotten used to it!
smile.gif
I may need to recount my biotin, but I'm over 10mgs at this point -- which is safe, as I mentioned. How much biotin do you take?

Hi henri! It's not too bad. I fill a bunch of baggies that have each day's worth of caps and tabs in them...one day per baggie. This way I don't have to open every bottle every day! LoL! The baggies are handy and portable...At each meal or snack, I take a few until they're all gone!
smile.gif

Also, you may want to consider adding a protein drink to supplement your diet, if you can. Bargello emphasizes the importance of protein for good hair growth. Just a thought!

Welcome Topazz! I'm new here too! You're taking some good supplements. I hope they help your hair grow even faster! Have you considered taking more biotin? I'm a 4A Natural too, by the way
wink.gif

Hi Tina...

I actually think I'm gonna stick to the amount of biotin in the GNC Ultra Nourishair which is 1200mcg which is 400% of the dv. I hope that will give me enough of a boost. We'll have to post our results in a couple of months.:)

Topazz:)

Back