Stylist who do bad jobs and ask for tips!!

indigodiva

UGGGGHHH! Who else has experienced this?

I graduated from college this past Thursday, and I just had to get my hair flat ironed...I had been mostly wearing protective styles (2 strand cornrow twist) the whole summer, and I wanted something special for my big day...Being in small town, Louisiana there are very few choices when it comes to hair services and what they do have is crap city! I went to this hair salon (if you want to call it that) in the next town--its the one that all the students from the local HBCU, and when I peeped inside the place, I was like HELL NO...it was dirty, and I was told that the person who would be doing my hair went to get Mc Donalds..they don't even have a Micky D's in that city, they have to go to the next city over.....so my mom was like, lets just go to JC Penny's (30 miles away)

I made an appointment with this girl, a few days ago (I just didnt feel like traveling thats why I tried to go some place closer) so she knew I was coming...My appointment was was for 7pm...I got there at 6:45 and this lil country bama hefer didn't get started on my hair until 8:45!!! She was working on a little girl's ( I mean no more than 9 or 10) and she had the nerve to tell me she could do my hair like the little girl's (she had some cornrows with a mohawk pin curls!! I'm 22 years old, what the hell I look like with a hair style like that!!!!!!!!!!)

The stylist was the epitome of an unprofessional HOT MESS! On top of her not being ready, she had to get someone else to shampoo my hair b/c she was behind, and then the person who she asked to do it had an attitude like she didn't want to do it! Matter fact both of them cows had no class b/c the one who shampooed me kept ranting about how she was ready to go, and how she wasn't doing any more "white" clients b/c it was too much of a hassle, and she wasn't going to be doing no styles she didnt feel like doing:shocked::perplexed

When that ol' country bumpkin finally got to my hair, and I started telling her what I wanted done, she had the nerve to tell me that "all I had to do is sit back and let her work!"--:wallbash:---I was just about ready to pop!!

I had to stop her at one point b/c I knew she didn't know what I wanted..She put my part on the wrong side, and I had to correct her...y'all know this wench had the nerve to call me bossy! I guess b/c she figured we were close in age, she could say what she wanted...AND even though she used a CHI, my hair still was a mess! I could have done a better job at home myself!!!!! And she kept saying, ooh its so pretty, I'm doing a good job! I wanted to get up and leave....

Oh and lemme not forget to add that she kept going on and on about how her momma did her wrong all her life and how much she loves her baby daddy, and that no body likes her...

I paid with a debit card, and ol girl had the nerve to be like, "Oh do you want to add a tip? I hate to ask, but thats what it ask on the screen."

I wanted to say: "Hell no, :censored:, you were late, unprofessional, and my hair doesn't look nice!"

But I felt sorry for her, so I told her to add $5...

Has anyone else had a stylist ask for a tip when they didn't deserve one, and did they give it up?

I'm sorry, but your description of the "stylist" had me rolling. :lachen:

But seriously, that is not right. What is wrong with people? She must have been chilling with her baby daddy who she is so in love with on the day they taught professionalism at cosmetology school. A mess.

I'm sorry too but your description had me laughing.

She and her cohorts are the reason I can't see my self going to a stylist at this point.

First CONGRATS on the graduation:yep:. Your story was hilarious. I was literally laughing through some parts of it.

I've never had such an experience and hope I never will.

The nerve of some people.....LOL....
Congrats on your graduation!!!!!

My old stylist asked me to lend him $300 and then he added he wouldn't pay me back he would just deduct the price of my blowouts every two weeks:lachen::lachen:I don't think so......​

Umm nobody should be asking for a tip good job or not. That's just tacky. She wouldn't have gotten anything from me. :nono:

Your story is funny and unfortunate, at the same time. That stylist would have never gotten a chance to do my hair because if I showed up for a 7 pm appointment at 6:45, by 7:30, I would be either in the chair or out the door. See, that's why I HAVE to do my own hair; I have no patience for these kinds of scenarios. :nono:

By the way, I think it's very unprofessional to ask for a tip. If I were asked, I would have politely said, "No."

She knew what she was doing when she asked u for a tip.... all she had to do was QUIETLY hand you the receipt so u can sign it and add a tip to it IF you wanted to. she isnt supposed to ask. Though i probably would have felt cornered and would have left her something, i certainly would not have left her $5. Maybe 2 or 3, especially since she was late and assumed she knew more about what you wanted, than you do yourself...

Congratulations on your recent graduation!

There was enough wrong with her "service" that she did not deserve a tip, IMO. Did you at least like the outcome?

The nerve of some people.....LOL....
Congrats on your graduation!!!!!
My old stylist asked me to lend him $300 and then he added he wouldn't pay me back he would just deduct the price of my blowouts every two weeks:lachen::lachen:I don't think so......​

You have got to be kidding me!! Are you serious?:lachen:

Congrats on graduation!

umm what town and salon was this so I know not to take my arse in there.

Ole girl wrong for asking for a tip and I would have politely told her "HELL NAW" lol!

To the OP, where in Louisiana are you, and I can understand the small town part. I know some stylist in Louisiana but only in certain town and Baton Rouge. I am now in a very small town in N.C. and I got lucky with the stylist I have.

Umm nobody should be asking for a tip good job or not. That's just tacky. She wouldn't have gotten anything from me. :nono:

I don't think I would have tipped either, especially since it doesn't sound like there's gonna be a follow up visit. But to answer the question, No I have never had a stylist ask for a tip. :nono:

Back