Stylist told me I got 1.5 inches of newgrowth....

fancypants007

from my flexistrand weave. I had it in for 7 weeks. This to me was impressive. I started out with 2.5 inches and now I got an additional 1.5 so that gives me a total of 4 inches of newgrowth. I'm on the inspired by Sylver2 challenge and will not be getting a relaxer touchup until October which will be a year for me. I am on target with my hair growth (.5 inch a month) and I have 4 more months to go. After pre shampoo hot oil treatment, shampoo, deep conditioner with protein and then moisturising conditioner, I measured my newgrowth and sure enough, it is 4 inches. Surprisingly, it was not that difficult dealing with the two different textures of my hair. I used a pick to comb by hair and I absolutely believe that the Mane n Tail Detangler works wonders. I was going to wear my hair in a bun for summer months, but I just don't know how to slick my natural hair back where it looks good. Since I got very good growth with the flexistrand weave, I've decided to put it back in my hair and will continue to do so until I reach my goal. Just wanted to share......

Wow that's alot of new growth! Congratulations! Whatever you're doing right, bottle it up and send it to me LOL

OMG....I tried the Mane n Tail Detangler last week for the first time....And it made detangling with 5 months of new growth a breeze....I had been using silken child detangler...I didn't know what I was missing

Oh and CONGRATS !!!!

OMG....I tried the Mane n Tail Detangler last week for the first time....And it made detangling with 5 months of new growth a breeze....I had been using silken child detangler...I didn't know what I was missing

Oh and CONGRATS !!!!

Traycee are you transitioning???

Oh and CONGRATS !!!!

Mane n Tail is off the hook! It really makes detangling a breeze. I love your hair, it is beautiful.

Wow that's alot of new growth! Congratulations! Whatever you're doing right, bottle it up and send it to me LOL

I really believe it could be my aerobics. I started doing high intensity aerobics about 2 months ago, jumping jacks, jogging etc and I believe it's the blood circulating in my scalp. I do eat tuna/salmon everyday and I also take HairFinity hair vitamins. I think it's a combination of all of these things. I didn't think my hair grew. This is proof that my hair is growing and I'm trying to take care of my hair ends. I want to see a difference when I get my touchup relaxer in October.

from my flexistrand weave. I had it in for 7 weeks. This to me was impressive. I started out with 2.5 inches and now I got an additional 1.5 so that gives me a total of 4 inches of newgrowth. I'm on the inspired by Sylver2 challenge and will not be getting a relaxer touchup until October which will be a year for me. I am on target with my hair growth (.5 inch a month) and I have 4 more months to go. After pre shampoo hot oil treatment, shampoo, deep conditioner with protein and then moisturising conditioner, I measured my newgrowth and sure enough, it is 4 inches. Surprisingly, it was not that difficult dealing with the two different textures of my hair. I used a pick to comb by hair and I absolutely believe that the Mane n Tail Detangler works wonders. I was going to wear my hair in a bun for summer months, but I just don't know how to slick my natural hair back where it looks good. Since I got very good growth with the flexistrand weave, I've decided to put it back in my hair and will continue to do so until I reach my goal. Just wanted to share......

Congrats on your growth!!

I wondered if anyone had tried the Flexistrand weave.
Have you noticed a big difference between that and a regular sewn in weave?
I contemplated going back to weaves, but the thread always irritates my scalp.I'm wondering if I might be able to try this (if I go back to weaves from braids).

Congrats on all the new growth! Isn't it wonderful to know that your hair is growing??? Sounds like your growth is taking off !!

Wow! That's great!

What's a flexistrand weave? It sounds interesting

wow!!Congrats!!! your coming along great
i think im going to try tht Mane & Tail detangler towards the end of my stretches..you and traycee got me convinced.

Congrats on your growth! So in 1 1/2 months you grew 1.5 inches? WOW!

What is a Mane & Tail detangler?

Congrats on your growth!!

I wondered if anyone had tried the Flexistrand weave.
Have you noticed a big difference between that and a regular sewn in weave?
I contemplated going back to weaves, but the thread always irritates my scalp.I'm wondering if I might be able to try this (if I go back to weaves from braids).

I have never had a weave before in my life, so this was the first time for me. I love braids, and because the process of attaching the flexistrand weave is cornrowed to your hair, I decided to get it done. At first, I didn't like it, but I'm very hard to please, but later it grew on me.

I went to a different stylist to get the flexistrand removed, and she was the one that told me I had 1.5 inches of growth. In fact, I believe this women is an expert at applying flexistrand weaves. She told me what color to get the next time, the style that would look attractive on me, etc. I said to myself, this women really knows what she is doing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this type of weave.

First, congrats for your hair growth ...:grin:

BTW, how do you use the Mane'n'tail, on dry, damp or wet hair. I tried it on wet hair last year, it did not do much, but my hair was already so tangly though, I was not surprised:ohwell: I tried on dry hair before wash, it worked great though, I better give it another chance:yep:

Last, sorry for asking this dumb question, what is that a flexistrand weave? I really dont have a clue:spinning:

Congrats on your growth! So in 1 1/2 months you grew 1.5 inches? WOW!

What is a Mane & Tail detangler?

Technically, it was 7 weeks.

Mane n Tail is the company that gears their products to horses, humans. They have a product line of many products, and their detangler works wonders in removing tangles easily. After conditioning, I spray the detangler all over my hair. Then I take a section of hair and pin the rest up. I spray that section again with mane n tail detangler and I start at the ends of hair section and comb gently until all the tangles are removed. I add my hair oil and daily moisturiser to that section, pin up and move to next section. It takes me about 20 minutes to do each side, and this is inspite of the newgrowth.

First, congrats for your hair growth ...:grin:

BTW, how do you use the Mane'n'tail, on dry, damp or wet hair. I tried it on wet hair last year, it did not do much, but my hair was already so tangly though, I was not surprised:ohwell: I tried on dry hair before wash, it worked great though, I better give it another chance:yep:

Last, sorry for asking this dumb question, what is that a flexistrand weave? I really dont have a clue:spinning:

First let me say that your hair is beautiful. I have always used the Mane n Tail detangler on wet hair. I stopped using it too, but then I went back to it and it is now one of my best hair products. I like the fact that it is ph base which is important in keeping that balance in our hair. I spray it all over my hair, and then I take a section of hair to detangle and I pin the rest up. I spray it all over that section and proceed to detangle. Makes my job very easy because of all the newgrowth.

Information about Flexistrand weave can be found at: http://flexistrand.com

I have never had a weave before in my life, so this was the first time for me. I love braids, and because the process of attaching the flexistrand weave is cornrowed to your hair, I decided to get it done. At first, I didn't like it, but I'm very hard to please, but later it grew on me.

I went to a different stylist to get the flexistrand removed, and she was the one that told me I had 1.5 inches of growth. In fact, I believe this women is an expert at applying flexistrand weaves. She told me what color to get the next time, the style that would look attractive on me, etc. I said to myself, this women really knows what she is doing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with this type of weave.

See? And that's the ONLY reason why I would have even considered going back to a weave...b/c of the way the Flexistrand is applied. I may have to look into this. THANKS!

I haven't tried the product yet, but may give it a try. Congratulations to you on your phenominal growth. Keep it up girl!

Thanks to everyone regarding the positive responses I received regarding my hairgrowth. I really do believe that getting that blood circulating is the key to hair growth in addition to eating healthy and I also take hairfinity vitamins. But if you don't already know.... when you're stretching your relaxers, your hair looks a hot mess especially when you start getting alot of newgrowth. And did I say detangling my hair with 4 inches of newgrowth was a piece of cake.... well I stand corrected! I try to wash my hair every week and last week it was very difficult. I tried a different conditioner and maybe that was what made it so hard to detangle. I just took my time and tried to be very gentle working through all those tangles. I will go back to my old conditioner this week and I will let you know if there is an improvement. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Back