Splitting hairs

Premierepearl08

I need some help on this: I have had a relaxer now for about 2 weeks and am not used to what to do or expect. Whenever I wear my hair down the materials on my clothes pull my hair. I'm not even talking about wool or cotton, but I have several shirts made of rayon (cotton blend?) that also pull at my hair.

I rollerset my hair last Saturday and the curls have lasted well except for the pieces of hair that are now frizzed out due to the fabric pulling my hair. I sweat too much to wear silks, what types of fabrics should I wear when wearing my hair out?

if u r worried about your hair coming n2 contact with your clothes, maybe u should just wear it n an updo.

Wool and cotton will snag your hair and snap it off.

The only solution is to put something between it (like a silk scarf)...
Wear it up so that it does not come in contact with the material...
Wear materials that wont snag on the hair. Silk is the only one I know of.

pookeylou said:
Wool and cotton will snag your hair and snap it off.

The only solution is to put something between it (like a silk scarf)...
Wear it up so that it does not come in contact with the material...
Wear materials that wont snag on the hair. Silk is the only one I know of.
:) :) :) :)

...along with keeping your ends moisturized! ;)

I'm just curious, do you have fresh ends? My hair snags mostly when I reach 7 weeks post dusting. Maybe a dusting/trim can relieve you of some of the snagging.

I am so disappointed. There is no point in me growing my hair long if I will always have to wear it in an updo. One stylist suggested that my ends may not have been relaxed enough! *huh??* By the way, I was natural before this relaxer which is why the ends were relaxed. I try to keep my ends moisturized more now and I have done a protein treatment with Emergencee and it seems to be better, but I still worry. Maybe I should get some more trimmed.

@ webby: yes, my ends are pretty fresh. I am now, as of Christmas, about 4 weeks post relaxer. I am afraid of trimming my hair myself because it is layered and I had horrible results when I tried to trim my natural hair.

@ poohbear: What do you use to moisturize your ends?

Back