Spin Off On If You Had A Million Dollars

mscocoface

I saw all of the things that folks would want to do if they had a million and thought to myself what should you do if you only had limited means to keep your hair healthy?

Many are feeling the fallout of the economy and I am sure reading about all these wonderful products and equipment you have to be wondering..."What if I don't have that much money to spend on my hair?"

Come on ladies show us how creative you would be if you have very limited means to keep your hair in shape.

Let's say less than 25 dollars a month to keep your hair healthy and maintained. What would you get that would be considered essential in keeping your hair healthy. This goes for naturals, texlaxed and relaxed ladies.

I will start. The first thing is think smarter about making your money go farther. Start clipping out the coupons in the Sunday paper or online for particular hair products you like to use and get the best bang for your buck.

Also check on this site where I think we keep the discount codes and be sure to use those codes when you want to make a purchase. Also ask those places that you purchase online if they have discount codes and would allow a special discount for LHCF members.:yep:

Set up a hair allowance budget which shows your monthly purchases and budgeted amount and when you reach a certain amount saved make the big purchase.

Last edited:
i'd make more homemade remedies. and find cheapies that work for my hair, and stretch my washing schedule a little longer.

That's easy (and probably what I should be doing anyway :look:), but it's no fun!

I would adopt a K.I.S.S. regimen and use more homemade/cheapie products.

I would ditch growth aids & vitamins, up my water intake & exercise.

My only products would be black soap, shea butter, Hollywood Beauty cremes, a cheapie conditioner and EVOO.

I'd probably have dry hair, but I still have dry hair on my PJ regimen (for now, anyway :grin:).

I still get what I usually get.

Clarifying Poo
Moisturizing Poo
Deep Conditioner
Protein Conditioner
Leave-In
Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
Daily Moisturizer
Oh and a half wigs to get me through the awkward stages of growing out my hair.

So, I should be able to buy all that stuff with $25 a month

Suave Clarifying
VO5 Con
4 ORS Replenishing Paks $1.00 each
Coconut & OLive oil
Homemade Stuff
I think I could make it.:look:

i'd use

coconut oil(big jar for small price)
castor oil
coconut milk(for conditioner and treatment)
honey
dr bronner castile soap(i can dilute it and make it go a long way for shampoo)
ORS replenishing pak(big bottle for only $11)
silk element conditioner

If I had to maintain my hair on 25/month I still wouldn't switch to cheapies(my expensive products are HIGHLY concentrated and that means I use less).Considering now I already have liter sizes of my shampoo/treatment/conditioner-I would just purchase one liter sized staple each month.Since shampoo lasts me a good while-I would purchase one salon quality conditioner each month and make it last until the next buying month.

Example:
March:liter of PMDMT
April:2 bottles of leave in(they are about $12/each)
May:liter of PMDMT

other than that-would use the left over amount to buy color rinses/oil for hot oil treatments.

If this was a challenge I would join!:yep:

oh and for moisture

i would saturate my hair at night with coconit or castor oil.
during the day i would use silk elemnets silk moisturizer or splurge and get my carols daughter healthy hair butter(only $9) is that alot for moisturizer?

I would get an indian lady to give me an indian scalp massage 3x a day, and get those celebrities deep conditionner done by some type of laser. Its like a high tech dc. I would wake up ad have someone by my night table waiting for me to wake up to do my hair. :)

Back